A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:24:59 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New site, new look  (Read 127280 times)
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:12 pm »

Never said I remembered the movie..said I saw it more times than would like to admit to.  I've seen dozens of movies that way (while with friends drinking, etc).  It's kinda like watching Napoleon Dynamite, or a train wreck.  Joe Dirt was that way.

BTW, I was a decent drummer back in the day, and know many local musicians and bands.  Used to work with and are friends with several good guitar players, drummers and the like.  So I'm most definitely a rocker to the nth degree.  I drove to Houston to see KISS after they put their makeup back on in 1996.  Saw White Zombie around that same timeframe.  Ozzy at the CC.  Saw Ratt at the Cains.  You get the picture.  My last concert was my first at the BOK..Foo Fighters last May.

As for tapatalk, f you do a factory reset, as long as you tie your main android account to the same Gmail address, it does remember what apps you paid for.  So you're good there.

Jesus Christ....I've heard Justin Beiber more than I care to admit to.  And I have never heard the entirety of a single song.

If I pretended to understand a justin beiber reference, and someone came back to me with "obviously you've never heard the song", the last thing I would reply with is "Oh, I've heard more Justin Beiber than I care to admit to."

unless I was trolling, then that would be the FIRST thing I would come back with.

You feel me bro?

Look, I think we are kindred in a way, just accept it.

I ain't going to try to one-up you with telling you I regularly chat with guys that played for Clapton, or regail you with the tales of how we lost out to Chainsaw Kittens to open for Jane's Addiction....

Tulsa has a rich heritage of music and celebrity.

That Foo Fighters show in May was some loud donkey smile though. Cheesy  Don't tell me you were the jackass that was complaining about the people standing during Motorhead though...

Thanks for the tapatalk advice, I am going to pick it up tomorrow.  Cool
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:59:37 pm by TheMindWillNotLetGo » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2012, 08:09:17 am »

most of the other forums I am on use vbulletin, so...Wink

Let me ask you about tapatalk, and perhaps all paid apps....If I do a factory reset on my android, am I going to have to buy it again, or is there some kind of registration process that will know I already paid?

As for the other, look dude:

You didn't seem to get my "rocker" reference, but then you said you've seen the movie a thousand times.  Then you went off on this confusing tangent of Spade v Dirt. I had 2 options at this point:

1) you are a little thick in the head

2) you are trying to get a rise out of me

If the former, there's nothing wrong with that, I'm a little stupid from time to time as well

If the latter, then we are of common gound and I would like to share my secrets with you.

I got no beef, sir, we are both fighters of foo.

A few things to make your life easier on TNF:

1) Ditch the Droid and catch iEnvy for all your computing and communication needs.
2) We are Blazing Saddles, Pulp Fiction, and Airplane here
3) Every discussion must eventually segue into a discussion on beer.  Or BBQ.  We like the home team: Marshall’s.  No time for Choc on here.

(And no, I’m still too cheap for Tapatalk.)

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2012, 08:31:02 am »

Jesus Christ....I've heard Justin Beiber more than I care to admit to.  And I have never heard the entirety of a single song.

If I pretended to understand a justin beiber reference, and someone came back to me with "obviously you've never heard the song", the last thing I would reply with is "Oh, I've heard more Justin Beiber than I care to admit to."

unless I was trolling, then that would be the FIRST thing I would come back with.

You feel me bro?

Look, I think we are kindred in a way, just accept it.

I ain't going to try to one-up you with telling you I regularly chat with guys that played for Clapton, or regail you with the tales of how we lost out to Chainsaw Kittens to open for Jane's Addiction....

Tulsa has a rich heritage of music and celebrity.

That Foo Fighters show in May was some loud donkey smile though. Cheesy  Don't tell me you were the jackass that was complaining about the people standing during Motorhead though...

Thanks for the tapatalk advice, I am going to pick it up tomorrow.  Cool

I was actually in the concourse for Motorhead.  Lemmy just ain't my thing.  I like some of his music, but I've been a fan of the foo/Dave Grohl since Nirvana.  Hard to believe had Dave said yes to Tom Petty the Foo would not be around..most likely anyway.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:31 am »

A few things to make your life easier on TNF:

1) Ditch the Droid and catch iEnvy for all your computing and communication needs.
2) We are Blazing Saddles, Pulp Fiction, and Airplane here
3) Every discussion must eventually segue into a discussion on beer.  Or BBQ.  We like the home team: Marshall’s.  No time for Choc on here.

(And no, I’m still too cheap for Tapatalk.)

1.  Don't listen to Conan..he's an iSheeple.
2.  Most definitely.  Caddyshack also.
3.  Yes.  If by page 4 no-one has invoked a reference to Marshall's, it behooves that member to insert the reference.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2012, 08:42:21 am »

1.  Don't listen to Conan..he's an iSheeple.

Don’t listen to Hoss, he simply lacks the intellect to properly appreciate iEverything.  Kiss

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2012, 10:13:25 am »

I was actually in the concourse for Motorhead.  Lemmy just ain't my thing.  I like some of his music, but I've been a fan of the foo/Dave Grohl since Nirvana.  Hard to believe had Dave said yes to Tom Petty the Foo would not be around..most likely anyway.

sweet.  I'm not a Motorhead devotee, but I do like them when I can, and seeing them live was certainly a highlight for me...even bought one of their shirts.

Grohl and FF are the man though - they were louder than Motorhead, who's motto is "Everything Louder than Everything Else"

I suppose you heard that their concert in New Zealand triggered the seismographs there. Cheesy

Other than that, I can see right now you and I are going to be on the same side against Conan.

How can you be too cheap to pay for an app, but espouse the virtues of iEverything, the epitome of wallet rape in modern civilization?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2012, 10:21:46 am »

sweet.  I'm not a Motorhead devotee, but I do like them when I can, and seeing them live was certainly a highlight for me...even bought one of their shirts.

Grohl and FF are the man though - they were louder than Motorhead, who's motto is "Everything Louder than Everything Else"

I suppose you heard that their concert in New Zealand triggered the seismographs there. Cheesy

Other than that, I can see right now you and I are going to be on the same side against Conan.

How can you be too cheap to pay for an app, but espouse the virtues of iEverything, the epitome of wallet rape in modern civilization?

Easy, I freeload on the free apps Wink

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:48 am »

Must love those ads then...  Grin

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2012, 11:50:47 am »

Has the freeloading even begun to offset the amount you've overpaid for the devices? Wink
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2012, 12:06:08 pm »

Has the freeloading even begun to offset the amount you've overpaid for the devices? Wink

Machine reliability, seamless sharing amongst devices, and the freedom from Bill Gates Windows-based lock ups has been worth the extra $$.

I really was slow to embrace iEverything.  My older daughter kept shaming me then I got my first iPhone and it was over from there.  Still haven’t found a justifiable use for an iPad yet, but that’ll happen sooner or later.

Koti
Citizen

« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2012, 12:38:01 pm »

I am a long time reader on the TulsaNow forum but this is my first post.  I can't figure out how to start a new topic.  Could someone give me some help?  Thanks in advance!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »

I am a long time reader on the TulsaNow forum but this is my first post.  I can't figure out how to start a new topic.  Could someone give me some help?  Thanks in advance!

Post 4 more times.
Koti
Citizen

« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2012, 12:41:09 pm »

Post 4 more times.

That was quick.  Thanks!  (I guess now it's just 3!)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2012, 12:47:22 pm »

That was quick.  Thanks!  (I guess now it's just 3!)

Mention Marshall's beer for bonus points
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2012, 01:08:36 pm »

Wow ! we are on a roll boy's.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org