A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:09:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New site, new look  (Read 127253 times)
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:26 pm »

By the way, got any openings for a telecomm person with 20plus years expirience in your IT Dept.?

IT director handles that, but business is on a upswing.  How do you know he's not already your boss? Wink
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 08:10:42 pm »

hey another serious question about this site:

If any of you are familiar with vbulletin, is there any way on here to "see subscribed threads"?  i.e. before I go a browzing, I like to see activity in only threads I've posted in.  Is there an easy way to do that?  Currently I am "see posts" in my profile, but then I got to poke down that list, looking for individual threads, and then click each one just to see if there's been any new posts.

You feel me?

VBulletin is also a paid 'subscriber' system, which costs out the nose every year for webmasters/owners to pay for.  I don't think SMF does that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 08:19:20 pm »

VBulletin is also a paid 'subscriber' system, which costs out the nose every year for webmasters/owners to pay for.  I don't think SMF does that.

well most of that has nothing to do with my question.  

I am looking for a way to do something here, and I figured the easiest way to explain would be to put it in parallel terms, but since that failed, let me ask a simpler question for you:

How do you browse this forum everyday? Do you have a process, or you just login and start clicking smile?

Do any of you use the "notification" options? If so, how does that work? I don't want a damn email every time someone posts something anywhere on the board, but I would like an easy way to take care of my involved business before I go plundering around out of boredom.

Basically, I like to be efficient and get smile done.  I don't have a smile ton of time for bucking around.

You feel me?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 08:21:36 pm »

Show unread posts since last visit. There are the typical icons that show which threads you've actually posted in.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 08:22:29 pm »

well most of that has nothing to do with my question.  

I am looking for a way to do something here, and I figured the easiest way to explain would be to put it in parallel terms, but since that failed, let me ask a simpler question for you:

How do you browse this forum everyday? Do you have a process, or you just login and start clicking smile?

Do any of you use the "notification" options? If so, how does that work? I don't want a damn email every time someone posts something anywhere on the board, but I would like an easy way to take care of my involved business before I go plundering around out of boredom.

Basically, I like to be efficient and get smile done.  I don't have a smile ton of time for bucking around.

You feel me?

Actually, it has everything to do with your question.  You asked.  I said VBulletin is a cash cow and SMF which this forum uses can't do that.

Myself?  I use this.  It doesn't filter threads I haven't posted in, but it works just fine for me.  Hope it's useful for you.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:39 pm »

Show unread posts since last visit. There are the typical icons that show which threads you've actually posted in.

sweet, thanks, I'm kind of an idiot for missing that...even moreso, "Show new replies to your posts" is even more suitable...however it didn't seem to pick up your reply here.

Thanks for the hot tip, I will be trying it out.  Smiley
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 08:25:52 pm »

Actually, it has everything to do with your question.  You asked.

I asked how to perform a function with this software, and you gave me your opinion about some other software...

Here's an analog:

Q: How do I create an adjustment layer in photoshop

A: Photoshop sucks, use MSPaint.

see how that works?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 08:31:57 pm »

I asked how to perform a function with this software, and you gave me your opinion about some other software...

Here's an analog:

see how that works?

They both suck.  Use GIMP.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 08:34:49 pm »

Here's an analog:

see how that works?

Guess what?

don't like what I have to say?  Don't read.

See how THAT works?

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 08:39:54 pm »

Guess what?

don't like what I have to say?  Don't read.

See how THAT works?

U mad bro?

They both suck.  Use GIMP.

Gimp, what is it?
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 08:42:41 pm »

another serious question about the site:

Anyone use Tapatalk?  I visited here from my phone and got prompted.  I don't usually buy paid apps, but if the experience is as good as I have heard, I might....however I also understand it to be quite dependant upon the board.

Anyone here use it?  What say and how it works?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2012, 08:43:14 pm »

U mad bro?

Gimp, what is it?

your first reply tells me all I need to know now.  Thanks; I will temper my replies in the future to accommodate someone 'without seasoned world experience'.   Wink

And, no, not mad.  If you don't like what I have to say, ignore it.  That's what I do with over half the posters on this forum.  It's worked wonders for me.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2012, 08:44:49 pm »

another serious question about the site:

Anyone use Tapatalk?  I visited here from my phone and got prompted.  I don't usually buy paid apps, but if the experience is as good as I have heard, I might....however I also understand it to be quite dependant upon the board.

Anyone here use it?  What say and how it works?

I do, on Android.  It works pretty well, but since this site appears to be a Windows based server (it used to be anyway), I notice that it sometimes hangs a bit.  But paying for it opens you up to all the other forums that are using it now.  It was worth the 3 bucks I paid for it.

But yes, it does work.

TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2012, 08:58:04 pm »

I do, on Android.  It works pretty well, but since this site appears to be a Windows based server (it used to be anyway), I notice that it sometimes hangs a bit.  But paying for it opens you up to all the other forums that are using it now.  It was worth the 3 bucks I paid for it.

But yes, it does work.

most of the other forums I am on use vbulletin, so...Wink

Let me ask you about tapatalk, and perhaps all paid apps....If I do a factory reset on my android, am I going to have to buy it again, or is there some kind of registration process that will know I already paid?

As for the other, look dude:

You didn't seem to get my "rocker" reference, but then you said you've seen the movie a thousand times.  Then you went off on this confusing tangent of Spade v Dirt. I had 2 options at this point:

1) you are a little thick in the head

2) you are trying to get a rise out of me

If the former, there's nothing wrong with that, I'm a little stupid from time to time as well

If the latter, then we are of common gound and I would like to share my secrets with you.

I got no beef, sir, we are both fighters of foo.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:20 pm »

most of the other forums I am on use vbulletin, so...Wink

Let me ask you about tapatalk, and perhaps all paid apps....If I do a factory reset on my android, am I going to have to buy it again, or is there some kind of registration process that will know I already paid?

As for the other, look dude:

You didn't seem to get my "rocker" reference, but then you said you've seen the movie a thousand times.  Then you went off on this confusing tangent of Spade v Dirt. I had 2 options at this point:

1) you are a little thick in the head

2) you are trying to get a rise out of me

If the former, there's nothing wrong with that, I'm a little stupid from time to time as well

If the latter, then we are of common gound and I would like to share my secrets with you.

I got no beef, sir, we are both fighters of foo.

Never said I remembered the movie..said I saw it more times than would like to admit to.  I've seen dozens of movies that way (while with friends drinking, etc).  It's kinda like watching Napoleon Dynamite, or a train wreck.  Joe Dirt was that way.

BTW, I was a decent drummer back in the day, and know many local musicians and bands.  Used to work with and are friends with several good guitar players, drummers and the like.  So I'm most definitely a rocker to the nth degree.  I drove to Houston to see KISS after they put their makeup back on in 1996.  Saw White Zombie around that same timeframe.  Ozzy at the CC.  Saw Ratt at the Cains.  You get the picture.  My last concert was my first at the BOK..Foo Fighters last May.

As for tapatalk, f you do a factory reset, as long as you tie your main android account to the same Gmail address, it does remember what apps you paid for.  So you're good there.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org