A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:51:27 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New site, new look  (Read 127264 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 03:59:13 pm »

It's really flipping awful.

Sorry, but it's true.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 04:07:21 pm »

I am tweaking with it. Any particular parts you don't like? As of this writing, I removed the peach and replaced it with plain white.

I think it's getting better....!

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 04:14:42 pm »

It's really flipping awful.

Sorry, but it's true.

I don't think it's THAT bad. And it has gotten a lot better.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 06:00:53 pm »

I just got on this site on a laptop for the first time in a while, and it looks great! Much better than it does when viewed by a mobile device, the page is actually centered on here, and I actually really like the colors.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »

I just got on this site on a laptop for the first time in a while, and it looks great! Much better than it does when viewed by a mobile device, the page is actually centered on here, and I actually really like the colors.

Who are you and what did you do with ZYX?

Grin

Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 09:21:51 pm »

Colors evoke an emotional response.  Back when I used to work for IdeaStudio we spent a great deal of time analyzing color choice for our clients in their marketing materials and ads.  It was expensive but worth it.  After developing an initial set of color combinations. We typically employed the use of a focus group.

You underestimate just how low our budget is.

The colors are bright, they do not work with each other, and they are not complementary, analogous , or triadic.  They are just far enough off to cause discomfort.

Actually it is pretty close to an analogous scheme. This would be definitely analogous:

* analogous.jpg (28.85 KB - downloaded 546 times.)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »

Colors evoke an emotional response.  Back when I used to work for IdeaStudio we spent a great deal of time analyzing color choice for our clients in their marketing materials and ads.  It was expensive but worth it.  After developing an initial set of color combinations. We typically employed the use of a focus group.

The great thing about the TulsaNow forum is that it IS a focus group.  None of us really has any problem offering up our opinions.

THIS COLOR SCHEME IS BRIGHT AND ANNOYING.  

I am a member of several SMF forums and administrate two for my company (so I know what a pain in the a$$ it is to develop a new template).  
I tried to get over it today, but it's not working.

The colors are bright, they do not work with each other, and they are not complementary, analogous , or triadic.  They are just far enough off to cause discomfort.

Sorry  

If they cause just enough discomfort for you to even ponder not posting because of it, then I like the colors.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
gers222
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 04:06:46 pm »

can anyone tell me where i find the New Topic button?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 04:09:39 pm »

can anyone tell me where i find the New Topic button?

As a new poster, I'm betting you've been restricted from creating new topics until you get to a certain number of posts..  Many boards do this to discourage spammers.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
gers222
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 04:11:53 pm »

As a new poster, I'm betting you've been restricted from creating new topics until you get to a certain number of posts..  Many boards do this to discourage spammers.

ok ty
gers222
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 04:12:55 pm »

ok ty

Do you know how many posts i need??
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 04:13:42 pm »

Not many so keep this thread going a little longer and you'll be set
dbacks fan
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 05:39:41 pm »

welcome to the forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 08:22:28 pm »

Is this a forum??

Wow.  That's pretty kool!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 08:24:21 pm »

Anything that creates this kind of controversy HAS to be good!! 

I would add some fluorescent pink somewhere, though.  Just a little touch of jarring and/or disturbing would be good.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org