A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:33:08 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New site, new look  (Read 127268 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: August 29, 2011, 12:44:31 pm »

We have a new main website, and the forum has been adjusted to match. some of you saw a version of this last week, when it was being developed.

If you see any major issues or have any questions, post them here.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »

We have a new main website, and the forum has been adjusted to match. some of you saw a version of this last week, when it was being developed.

If you see any major issues or have any questions, post them here.

At least the contrast is better, but I'm still not a huge fan of the colors.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 02:00:29 pm »

The light blue is good for decoration, but as text against a white background the readability is poor.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »

Is this a bug?

When I click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" the link takes me to the front page at http://www.tulsanow.org/

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:30:46 pm »

Is this a bug?

When I click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" the link takes me to the front page at http://www.tulsanow.org/

You might clear your internet cache; it's not doing that to me...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 02:32:49 pm »

I still have a major issue with the colors.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 03:19:34 pm »

The page needs to be centered. I honestly like the old version better.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 03:22:32 pm »

Just like any change, my brain will adjust and I won't think anything of it after a while.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 03:26:46 pm »

The page needs to be centered. I honestly like the old version better.

It actually is centered; it's now taking up more horizontal space on the page though.  I like this better (not so much the colors, but the layout.  Maximize real estate).

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 03:55:36 pm »

And for my positive comment,,,, I do like the wider format.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 04:01:50 pm »

The worst color combo of any site I have seen on the net.....

Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 04:11:33 pm »

The worst color combo of any site I have seen on the net.....

I am tweaking with it. Any particular parts you don't like? As of this writing, I removed the peach and replaced it with plain white.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 04:41:59 pm »

I am tweaking with it. Any particular parts you don't like? As of this writing, I removed the peach and replaced it with plain white.

I don't think the palette is too horribly awful, but I think that everything should be toned down a bit. It's just too busy. At least darken the bright blue links, they are nearly impossible to read. Please don't take this as being rude, I'm just trying to voice my opinion. Eventually, I will get used to the change, and I may actually like it. Just maybe a less bright version of it. Cheesy
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 05:05:20 pm »

Analogous color scheme fail.  Too saturated.  This hurts me. 

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 05:17:11 pm »

I'll get used to most of it.  I like the wider format. The colors in the recent posts section post number line make the thread title unreadable.  

Edit: had to check before commenting on clicking the logo.

I liked being able to click on the logo to get back to the forum home page after making a post.  Now it takes me somewhere else, I think the home page of the whole website.

I agree with whoever said it's too busy regarding colors.

Can you put the logout in a box?  I sometimes forget to logout as it is. An additional logout box at the bottom of the page would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:25:42 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org