A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:57:56 pm
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598108 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #990 on: October 31, 2018, 02:07:12 pm »

I'm against medical MJ or R&R MJ, it'll be interesting to  see how much traffic deaths go up under medical MJ from the current rate.

You like Oklahoma being #1 in the world in incarceration huh? Wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the wildly and absolutely successful "war on drugs"! No more cartels and no more drug demand! MAGIC! Thank you for your support of law enforcement!

Now please pay up your $1,500+ share per year to pay for room board and medical care of the inmates.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #991 on: October 31, 2018, 02:28:30 pm »

I like how some people believe making something illegal reduces the use of it despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. And then people in the same exact political group argue "gun free zones" are not free of guns or gun crime. So which is it?

Those same people often claim to want to reduce the government, yet want to bolster "law and order" and increase military spending. They often are for corporate welfare (tax breaks for oil and gas, corn/wheat subsidies and other large corporations).

Colorado and California legalized MMJ and recreational and their societies have safer roads (by accident/fatality rates) and far lower prison and crime rates, despite a much lower literacy rate in California and much more dangerous roads in those states through the
 mountains (https://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/general-statistics/fatalityfacts/state-by-state-overview). A study in Colorado showed DUIs actually decreased after legalization and usage went down also.

MMJ or legalization is a chance to show who is truly pro-free market and pro-business. Anyone against it would need to be for making all alcohol illegal and banning all opioids, regardless of health benefits (which is really lacking in most cases and is severely over-prescribed). If you believe all mind-altering substances should be illegal, I can understand, but at least be consistent. Otherwise your position is weak and seems ill informed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #992 on: October 31, 2018, 04:56:35 pm »

Otherwise your position is weak and seems ill informed.

He and Breadburner are the poster children for weak minded and ill informed.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #993 on: November 05, 2018, 09:38:48 am »

I like how some people believe making something illegal reduces the use of it despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. And then people in the same exact political group argue "gun free zones" are not free of guns or gun crime. So which is it?

Those same people often claim to want to reduce the government, yet want to bolster "law and order" and increase military spending. They often are for corporate welfare (tax breaks for oil and gas, corn/wheat subsidies and other large corporations).

Colorado and California legalized MMJ and recreational and their societies have safer roads (by accident/fatality rates) and far lower prison and crime rates, despite a much lower literacy rate in California and much more dangerous roads in those states through the
 mountains (https://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/general-statistics/fatalityfacts/state-by-state-overview). A study in Colorado showed DUIs actually decreased after legalization and usage went down also.

MMJ or legalization is a chance to show who is truly pro-free market and pro-business. Anyone against it would need to be for making all alcohol illegal and banning all opioids, regardless of health benefits (which is really lacking in most cases and is severely over-prescribed). If you believe all mind-altering substances should be illegal, I can understand, but at least be consistent. Otherwise your position is weak and seems ill informed.

"I smell marijuana so now I dont have to respect your civil rights" is a tough temptation to resist. 
That, and the opioid industry who are content with the hypocrisy that puts billions of dollars in their pockets continue to peddle their influence to any politician with an outstretched hand. 

Some good news for North Tulsa for a change... a chance to escape from the hard drugs:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/often-north-tulsa-is-underserved-medical-marijuana-patients-in-area/article_14ec1edb-8383-507e-b764-2f0a6e58cc52.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #994 on: November 07, 2018, 09:37:19 am »

Voters Legalize Marijuana in Michigan, Missouri and Utah
Missouri became the 32nd state to legalize medical marijuana Tuesday, with voters passing an amendment to the state constitution.

The measure, called Amendment 2 on the ballot, will change the state constitution to allow doctors to prescribe cannabis for a slate of 10 medical conditions. Sales will be subject to a 4 percent state tax, with proceeds going to fund services for military veterans. It’s expected to generate about $24 million a year.

Amendment 2 was the broadest of the three legalization efforts on the ballot. It was the only one that allowed people who qualify for medical marijuana to grow their own (up to six flowering plants).

Patients will need a note from their physician certifying that they have a medical condition that qualifies them for marijuana use. Amendment 2 includes some specific conditions like cancer, epilepsy and glaucoma, but also says that any terminal illness qualifies, as does “any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition,” for which a doctor recommends marijuana.

That makes doctors the gatekeepers to legal marijuana in Missouri, which is a role most of the state’s major physician groups don’t relish.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2018-11-07/voters-legalize-marijuana-in-michigan-missouri-and-utah

Tulsa Medical Marijuana Dispensary Runs Out Of Stock On First Day
http://www.newson6.com/story/39421327/booming-sales-run-tulsa-med-marijuana-dispensary-out-of-stock-on-first-day
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:25:55 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #995 on: November 08, 2018, 01:04:15 pm »

City Council postpones vote on medical marijuana regulations
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/city-council-postpones-vote-on-medical-marijuana-regulations/article_fbc27e0e-f6af-56ca-8e76-a34107712635.html
“We are just asking legal to re-evaluate a couple of things,” said Councilor Blake Ewing.

Only dispensaries would be subject to spacing requirements. According to the proposed ordinance, they could not be within 1,000 feet of each other.

This should have been a no-brainer:  Just use the same spacing requirements that CVS and Walgreens are subject to.

All medical marijuana facilities must have a ventilation system that prevents odors from being detectable outside the property on which the business is operating.

If we cant even have an enforced ordinance that blocks intrusive lighting from trespassing onto adjacent properties, how can we expect to make that work with smells?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #996 on: November 11, 2018, 01:03:47 pm »

City Council postpones vote on medical marijuana regulations
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/city-council-postpones-vote-on-medical-marijuana-regulations/article_fbc27e0e-f6af-56ca-8e76-a34107712635.html
“We are just asking legal to re-evaluate a couple of things,” said Councilor Blake Ewing.

Only dispensaries would be subject to spacing requirements. According to the proposed ordinance, they could not be within 1,000 feet of each other.

This should have been a no-brainer:  Just use the same spacing requirements that CVS and Walgreens are subject to.

All medical marijuana facilities must have a ventilation system that prevents odors from being detectable outside the property on which the business is operating.

If we cant even have an enforced ordinance that blocks intrusive lighting from trespassing onto adjacent properties, how can we expect to make that work with smells?

Uh, what odor is it they are worried about?  There's no special smell in or around dispensaries in Colorado.

They aren't allowing patients to toke up in dispensaries in Oklahoma are they?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #997 on: November 11, 2018, 01:40:28 pm »

Uh, what odor is it they are worried about?  There's no special smell in or around dispensaries in Colorado.

Maybe its the smell you get when prosecutors tell the voters they didnt know what they were doing when they voted on criminal justice reform, then insist that they cant honor the voters wishes on medical marijuana because of those very same criminal justice reforms... and then continue to disregard the criminal justice reforms.

That smell.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #998 on: November 12, 2018, 09:29:29 am »

Maybe its the smell you get when prosecutors tell the voters they didnt know what they were doing when they voted on criminal justice reform, then insist that they cant honor the voters wishes on medical marijuana because of those very same criminal justice reforms... and then continue to disregard the criminal justice reforms.

That smell.

Just to be crystal clear, it's the smell of the Hijacked Republican Party.   But you already know that...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #999 on: November 26, 2018, 10:46:10 am »

He's right, we shouldn't be keeping the opium manufacturing industry in Tulsa a secret.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/editorials/tulsa-world-editorial-secrecy-special-treatment-no-way-to-launch/article_ee79be74-ccfd-501d-be8b-47244da4dd73.html

/s

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1000 on: November 28, 2018, 11:57:32 pm »

Tulsa's medical marijuana businesses now know the local regulations
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/tulsa-s-medical-marijuana-businesses-now-know-the-local-regulations/article_0cb17a68-58ed-5bf9-aac7-e6a2df979414.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1001 on: December 10, 2018, 10:23:42 am »

Authorities investigating bribery allegations related to medical marijuana rules could also determine the validity of a new claim that the Oklahoma Board of Pharmacy and its former director tampered with evidence in efforts to conceal misconduct.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Steve Tanner told the Tulsa World the agency plans to submit information this month to the Oklahoma County District Attorney’s Office about whether Chelsea Church tried to bribe attorney Julie Ezell with a job in exchange for the health board’s approval of a rule requiring pharmacists in medical marijuana dispensaries. District Attorney David Prater will determine whether Church will face criminal charges.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/osbi-evaluates-whether-fired-pharmacy-board-leader-bribed-attorney-deleted/article_b2a2df8d-078c-50fd-ac2c-de4acb9074fc.html

Oklahomans for Health, the group that helped author and get State Question 788 passed by voters, is calling on the Attorney General's Office to investigate alleged collusion that preceded a controversy earlier this summer over the state's medical marijuana rules.

"State and government officials acted in capacities to circumvent and prevent passage and implementation of SQ788," says a letter to AG Mike Hunter from the group's board, headed by Chip Paul. The group is requesting public records from the various agencies involved in crafting emergency rules to launch the state's medical marijuana program.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/update-group-that-authored-sq-calls-ag-to-investigate-flap/article_b2a2df8d-078c-50fd-ac2c-de4acb9074fc.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:24:40 pm by patric » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1002 on: December 11, 2018, 02:27:32 pm »

Medical marijuana ordinances prompt 5 lawsuits: How are cities across Oklahoma regulating businesses and patients?

Smaller municipalities across the state have taken a hardline approach and outright banned most commercial marijuana operations within their cities. Almost a dozen cities' ordinances appear to be crafted from the same boilerplate language.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/medical-marijuana-ordinances-prompt-lawsuits-how-are-cities-across-oklahoma/collection_b3e65b2c-cbeb-11e8-b5c8-1356a0c4b59f.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1003 on: December 13, 2018, 12:38:58 am »

Medical marijuana ordinances prompt 5 lawsuits: How are cities across Oklahoma regulating businesses and patients?

Smaller municipalities across the state have taken a hardline approach and outright banned most commercial marijuana operations within their cities. Almost a dozen cities' ordinances appear to be crafted from the same boilerplate language.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/photovideo/slideshows/medical-marijuana-ordinances-prompt-lawsuits-how-are-cities-across-oklahoma/collection_b3e65b2c-cbeb-11e8-b5c8-1356a0c4b59f.html

Word around the campfire is it is fairly well-assured that recreational MJ will become a reality in New Mexico this next legislative session. I Friends of mine will be thrilled if it comes to pass.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #1004 on: December 13, 2018, 10:59:10 am »

Word around the campfire is it is fairly well-assured that recreational MJ will become a reality in New Mexico this next legislative session. I Friends of mine will be thrilled if it comes to pass.

Grin

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org