A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:25:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598250 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #975 on: September 18, 2018, 08:10:27 am »

My thought was that the people who make Cheetos, Funyuns, pretzels, and potato chips should start offering combo packs.  Why wait for the munchies to hit?  Just buy it up front and be ready...

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #976 on: September 19, 2018, 11:14:07 am »

B.A. just got their taxpayers sued.
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/court-filing-seeks-to-halt-broken-arrow-s-medical-marijuana/article_0063e9f2-e8b7-5bd3-8caa-e3cdc83e4109.html

Broken Arrow City Council approves $2,500 annual fee for medical marijuana businesses; lawsuit promised
Local attorney threatens lawsuit, claiming ‘governmental overreach’

The new rules include levying a $2,500 annual permit fee for commercial licensees, classifying dispensaries similarly to alcohol-related establishments.

“This is not recreational cannabis. This isn’t for fun.”
“This is for patients who need it, and what they’re doing by restricting these things is they’re taking patients’ medicine away from them.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/broken-arrow-city-council-approves-annual-fee-for-medical-marijuana/article_27db61cb-ca3f-5940-9b48-6239b22aed22.html

Is Walgreens classified as an alcohol-related establishment?
Does CVS pay a $2.5K annual fee to sell hydrocodone?  

Its not the city council's job to make moral judgements about medicine.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:14:25 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #977 on: September 19, 2018, 02:12:28 pm »

B.A. just got their taxpayers sued.

Broken Arrow City Council approves $2,500 annual fee for medical marijuana businesses; lawsuit promised
Local attorney threatens lawsuit, claiming ‘governmental overreach’

The new rules include levying a $2,500 annual permit fee for commercial licensees, classifying dispensaries similarly to alcohol-related establishments.

“This is not recreational cannabis. This isn’t for fun.”
“This is for patients who need it, and what they’re doing by restricting these things is they’re taking patients’ medicine away from them.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/broken-arrow-city-council-approves-annual-fee-for-medical-marijuana/article_27db61cb-ca3f-5940-9b48-6239b22aed22.html

Is Walgreens classified as an alcohol-related establishment?
Does CVS pay a $2.5K annual fee to sell hydrocodone?  

Its not the city council's job to make moral judgements about medicine.

People keep wanting to push us towards a theocracy - BA is about as close as can be found nearby thanks to the two big cults in town, and this is what happens.  First Baptist and Rhema.

Expediency for the goal at hand over rule of law every time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #978 on: September 19, 2018, 10:00:12 pm »

People keep wanting to push us towards a theocracy - BA is about as close as can be found nearby thanks to the two big cults in town, and this is what happens.  First Baptist and Rhema.

The Canadian cannabis producer Tilray became the first marijuana company to go public on the Nasdaq in July. Its initial share price: $17. As of a month ago, its price had about doubled, to around $35. But in recent days, Tilray’s stock has skyrocketed well past $200. The company is now worth more than $20 billion — more than American Airlines, Expedia, and pharmaceutical company Mylan.

https://www.vox.com/business-and-finance/2018/9/19/17879830/tilray-stock-cannabis-peter-thiel-short-squeeze

Oh but hey, lets worry about how close they are to a school.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/pro-medical-marijuana-attorney-calls-some-proposed-tulsa-zoning-regulations/article_291e4d15-6311-5fae-9bc9-fce0366750b8.html
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:05:41 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #979 on: September 23, 2018, 10:17:16 am »

California judge rules 5-year-old can take cannabis-based drug to school
https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8765336-181/judge-rules-santa-rosa-girl

Meanwhile on the other end of the scale:

Oklahoma schools getting conflicting advice about impact of medical marijuana on their policies
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/oklahoma-schools-getting-conflicting-advice-about-impact-of-medical-marijuana/article_55d17210-9793-5a1e-a2c9-0db9c0688b53.html

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #980 on: September 27, 2018, 11:11:27 am »

I'm against medical MJ or R&R MJ, it'll be interesting to  see how much traffic deaths go up under medical MJ from the current rate.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #981 on: September 28, 2018, 08:56:03 am »

I'm against medical MJ or R&R MJ, it'll be interesting to  see how much traffic deaths go up under medical MJ from the current rate.

Near as anyone can tell, it's not gone up in New Mexico since they passed MMJ.  Studies actually showed a decrease in traffic fatalities in some states after MMJ was enacted.  Fatalities trended downward after passage in 2007 and have bumped up and down since then with apparently no correlation to MMJ.  In fact, no one is quite sure why the rates have bumped around as much as they have.

https://ibis.health.state.nm.us/indicator/complete_profile/InjuryMVCDeath.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-marijuana-traffic-death/after-states-legalized-medical-marijuana-traffic-deaths-fell-idUSKBN14H1LQ

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #982 on: September 28, 2018, 09:00:22 am »

Near as anyone can tell, it's not gone up in New Mexico since they passed MMJ.  Studies actually showed a decrease in traffic fatalities in some states after MMJ was enacted.  Fatalities trended downward after passage in 2007 and have bumped up and down since then with apparently no correlation to MMJ.  In fact, no one is quite sure why the rates have bumped around as much as they have.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-marijuana-traffic-death/after-states-legalized-medical-marijuana-traffic-deaths-fell-idUSKBN14H1LQ

Them blasted facts.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #983 on: September 28, 2018, 10:36:22 am »

They let you out?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #984 on: September 28, 2018, 01:23:51 pm »

Well look whose back - and STILL with the most un-deducated, illogical, uninformed comments of anyone on the board!!   Well, except for Bread-for-Brains...

In answer to that non-question, it has already been "seen" in several states.  Asked and answered.  They don't go up at all.  Which you would have known if you ever looked anywhere other than Fake Fox News.  But that would mean there would be a need to understand words with more than 2 syllables...

In fact, deaths from hard drug overdose also goes down in those states.  Another fact that the Fake Fox News world will refuse to understand...they like their "Conway Alternative Facts" too much - otherwise known as lies!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #985 on: September 28, 2018, 01:26:20 pm »

I also posted this elsewhere, in the Trump Zone...but for you and Bread-for-Brains, I will make this special small thread creep...

GOP used to have a VERY different meaning...!! Now it stands for "Groping Old Perverts".

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #986 on: September 29, 2018, 10:57:30 am »

Studies actually showed a decrease in traffic fatalities in some states after MMJ was enacted.  Fatalities trended downward after passage in 2007 and have bumped up and down since then with apparently no correlation to MMJ.  In fact, no one is quite sure why the rates have bumped around as much as they have.

Judge grants injunction blocking Broken Arrow's medical marijuana ordinances

"While we respect the recent vote of the people on SQ 788, we believe all Oklahoma cities have the authority to have common-sense rules and regulations in place for medical marijuana businesses in their communities.”

...which in Broken Arrow meant treating medicine like liquor, following the lead of the unions who want to follow Arkansas' corrupt model, where medical marijuana was approved by voters in 2016 but have yet to begin receiving prescriptions due to ongoing legal delays.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/judge-grants-injunction-blocking-broken-arrow-s-medical-marijuana-ordinances/article_319bdf72-65f9-5eea-af20-2b3c6ddcc1b1.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #987 on: September 30, 2018, 07:36:42 pm »

Despite being told they couldn’t legally ban smokable marijuana sales or require pharmacists in dispensaries, at least two Board of Health members sought outside help on crafting language so they could adopt the changes anyway.

The emails show multiple officials, including two people in Gov. Mary Fallin’s cabinet and a senior deputy attorney general, were at least aware of talks on the rules ahead of the meeting.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/board-members-circumvented-health-department-attorney-sought-outside-help-to/article_01f2c4f0-cf27-5630-b461-921900165705.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #988 on: October 03, 2018, 11:38:10 am »

Legal marijuana patient wins 'very significant case' against employer who rescinded job offer

U.S. District Judge Jeffrey Meyer said the federal Drug Free Workplace Act, which many employers including federal contractors rely on for policies on drug testing, does not actually require drug testing and does not prohibit federal contractors from employing people who use medical marijuana outside the workplace in accordance with state law.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/legal-marijuana-patient-wins-very-significant-case-against-employer-who/article_7dbb90ff-0315-53ca-936b-a225dd3ef72b.html

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #989 on: October 17, 2018, 04:00:04 pm »

District attorney to drop possession charge against licensed medical marijuana patient after traffic stop

The Adair County District Attorney’s Office announced its intent Wednesday to dismiss a case against a licensed medical marijuana patient who was charged with possession due to apparent confusion over which drug crime statute should apply.

Regina Gist, 49, of Sallisaw, received a citation from an Adair County sheriff’s deputy for possession of marijuana after being pulled over Sept. 25 for an alleged traffic violation.
But upon evaluating the case himself, District 27 DA Jack Thorp said he plans to toss the charge because all available evidence indicates Gist honestly believed she was following the law on possession for medical purposes in accordance with State Question 788.

The citation doesn’t say which statute the deputy accused Gist of violating.

When asked about which law was at issue, Thorp pointed the Tulsa World to the drug possession statute last amended after voters approved State Question 780.
That initiative, which took effect last summer, made simple drug possession a misdemeanor. SQ 788, which went into effect this summer, prevents prosecution of licensed medical marijuana patients for either possession of the substance itself or for having devices used for consumption.

“So we will dismiss the case, and we’re going to get together with our law enforcement partners and we’re going to make sure that we’re doing the right thing.”

Reached Wednesday, Gist referred requests for comment to her attorney, Collin Rockett. After her Tuesday court appearance, she told KWTV she admitted having marijuana to treat chronic pain.

She said the deputy told her that possession was illegal because he didn’t know of any dispensaries in operation.

“The officer learned she had a medical marijuana card (during the stop), and the officer related to us that he asked her where she got it. And she said she 'bought it from her drug dealer'," Thorp said.
Rockett on Wednesday contested the deputy’s version of events, saying Gist, a passenger in the vehicle, declined to disclose where she obtained the marijuana despite being asked repeatedly.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/district-attorney-to-drop-possession-charge-against-licensed-medical-marijuana/article_0bd130d6-eb65-5754-bf55-e0bc3df112b4.html

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org