A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:19:20 am
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598009 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #735 on: March 27, 2017, 08:24:38 am »

Trudeau government to legalize marijuana by Canada Day 2018
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/03/26/trudeau-government-to-legalize-marijuana-by-canada-day-2018-reports.html

Basically, the national government in Canada will regulate marijuana at the national level and leave the details up to the states.  It seems similar to the way the Feds in the US have handled alcohol since the end of prohibition.

Does this ever throw a wrench into the US War on Drugs.  It harms the perception that only fringe crazy countries legalize drugs.  It adds another front to the war (Mexico, SA/Caribbean, plants grown in the US, and now the great white north).  It will likely add to the evidence that legalizing marijuana isn't an apocalyptic event.  Perhaps most telling, it is another sign that our partners in the war on drugs are shifting gears away from American leadership on the issue. 

But don't worry, the current administration is going to win the war on drugs.  We just need to keep doing the same thing and eventually the outcome will change. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #736 on: March 29, 2017, 05:13:47 pm »

Did anyone notice that the OK Supreme Court ruled that Pruitt's "re-wording" of the ballot initiative question on medical marijuana was improper?

http://www.news9.com/story/35017633/oklahoma-supreme-court-rules-on-medical-marijuana-ballot-question
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #737 on: March 29, 2017, 09:31:59 pm »

Did anyone notice that the OK Supreme Court ruled that Pruitt's "re-wording" of the ballot initiative question on medical marijuana was improper?

http://www.news9.com/story/35017633/oklahoma-supreme-court-rules-on-medical-marijuana-ballot-question

Mike Hunter, who succeeded Pruitt as Oklahoma Attorney General, said he disagreed with the Supreme Court's decision.
“The Office of the Attorney General discharged its responsibilities in rewriting the ballot title for State Question 788," Hunter said in a statement. "The ballot title was reviewed by the Oklahoma Supreme Court and the Court opted to substitute the original ballot title language.

http://newsok.com/article/5543244

Oh I see, its the Supreme Court doing the "substituting," not Pruitt.  Yes, failure is somebody else's fault.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:34:07 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #738 on: April 18, 2017, 12:51:59 pm »

Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin signed a bill Monday amending Oklahoma's definition of marijuana.

With House Bill 1559, any federally approved cannabidiol (CBD) drug or substance will not be considered marijuana.
No cannabidiol drug has been approved yet by the Food and Drug Administration, however.

http://newsok.com/article/5545797

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #739 on: June 25, 2017, 11:16:09 pm »

Scott Pruitt's pollution was cleaned up and its all ready to be voted on:

https://ballotpedia.org/Oklahoma_State_Question_788,_Medical_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(2018)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:42:05 am by patric » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #740 on: June 26, 2017, 08:07:56 am »

Scott Pruitt's pollution was cleaned up and its all ready to be voted on:

https://ballotpedia.org/Oklahoma_State_Question_788,_Medical_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(2018)

Link didn't work for me...

Edit;
Ahhh....final elipse had to be added manually...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #741 on: June 29, 2017, 01:05:18 am »

Saw a couple of head shops up in Alaska two weeks ago. I'd post pictures but I do not know how from my phone.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #742 on: June 29, 2017, 10:55:56 am »

Saw a couple of head shops up in Alaska two weeks ago. I'd post pictures but I do not know how from my phone.

That was a cat, and the sounds it was making were not a ringtone.  I hope you're not driving.  Grin

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #743 on: July 01, 2017, 12:37:02 am »

That was a cat, and the sounds it was making were not a ringtone.  I hope you're not driving.  Grin

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:38:42 am by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #744 on: August 09, 2017, 06:12:30 pm »

It seems a survey linking cannabis to cardiovascular problems didnt take into account the medical history of their respondents. 
Hint: Sick people sometimes use marijuana as medicine.

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2017/08/study_linking_cardiovascular_d.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #745 on: August 09, 2017, 10:15:11 pm »

It seems a survey linking cannabis to cardiovascular problems didnt take into account the medical history of their respondents. 
Hint: Sick people sometimes use marijuana as medicine.

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2017/08/study_linking_cardiovascular_d.html

It seems like a pretty useless study unless we assume that the consumers in the study were also eating massive quantities of Frito Lay and Ben & Jerry’s products after smoking the weed.

I actually had a casual conversation last night with a couple of MD’s in Colorado about the stress-relieving affects which might be beneficial for people with heart disease.  It’s interesting in a state where use is now legal that some in the mainstream medical community are coming out in favor of certain benefits of MJ use.  One has been using the oil to treat himself for prostate cancer.  He said his PSA’s have been stable but not diminishing.  On the other hand, he did say riding his bike up Vail Pass is a lot more pleasurable after having a little oil first  Cool

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #746 on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:02 pm »

It seems like a pretty useless study unless we assume that the consumers in the study were also eating massive quantities of Frito Lay and Ben & Jerry’s products after smoking the weed.

I actually had a casual conversation last night with a couple of MD’s in Colorado about the stress-relieving affects which might be beneficial for people with heart disease.  It’s interesting in a state where use is now legal that some in the mainstream medical community are coming out in favor of certain benefits of MJ use.  One has been using the oil to treat himself for prostate cancer.  He said his PSA’s have been stable but not diminishing.  On the other hand, he did say riding his bike up Vail Pass is a lot more pleasurable after having a little oil first  Cool

If you're talking about Cannnibidiol oil, it's likely your friend isn't feeling any psychotropic effects of MJ, since that extract has virtually no THC in it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #747 on: August 09, 2017, 11:10:25 pm »

If you're talking about Cannnibidiol oil, it's likely your friend isn't feeling any psychotropic effects of MJ, since that extract has virtually no THC in it.

It’s all new to me, but they were discussing that there are different ratios of CBD to THC due to different types of therapy or psychoactive effect someone is looking for out of the oil.  In other words, you can “fine-tune” your high or whatever you are trying to treat or whatever benefits you are looking for.

I can’t vouch for the scholarly value of the content of the link but it was an easy link to illustrate the concept of varying ratios of CBD to THC and that they do exist.  Anything containing much THC would probably never be approved for use in Oklahoma because, you know, people would become promiscuous and all the other bad things which happen with gateway drugs.   Roll Eyes

https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-the-benefits-of-different-cbd-thc-ratios-n1323

I’ve been exposed to a whole different view of medicine since we moved out west.  Our primary care doc is an MD, but she was very up front about not being a pill pusher which was great by me.  She highly recommended acupuncture for a certain condition I would have never thought of.  She really seems to have more of the DO philosophy as I understand it.  I’m also seeing and hearing of more doctors starting to push back against the opioid epidemic.  Cannabis seems to have promise at replacing opioids in some cases.

The most fascinating part is these are not young doctors:  Our PCP said she’s 65, the two MD’s we were chatting with last night are late 60’s and early ’70’s (the one talking about Vail Pass).  I’d think older docs would be more set in the old ways and not as open-minded.  Maybe I’ve found the only three in the entire country who think more progressively amongst their peer group but it seems to be more than a coincidence.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #748 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:42 am »

It’s all new to me, but they were discussing that there are different ratios of CBD to THC due to different types of therapy or psychoactive effect someone is looking for out of the oil.  In other words, you can “fine-tune” your high or whatever you are trying to treat or whatever benefits you are looking for.

I can’t vouch for the scholarly value of the content of the link but it was an easy link to illustrate the concept of varying ratios of CBD to THC and that they do exist.  Anything containing much THC would probably never be approved for use in Oklahoma because, you know, people would become promiscuous and all the other bad things which happen with gateway drugs.   Roll Eyes

https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-the-benefits-of-different-cbd-thc-ratios-n1323

I’ve been exposed to a whole different view of medicine since we moved out west.  Our primary care doc is an MD, but she was very up front about not being a pill pusher which was great by me.  She highly recommended acupuncture for a certain condition I would have never thought of.  She really seems to have more of the DO philosophy as I understand it.  I’m also seeing and hearing of more doctors starting to push back against the opioid epidemic.  Cannabis seems to have promise at replacing opioids in some cases.

The most fascinating part is these are not young doctors:  Our PCP said she’s 65, the two MD’s we were chatting with last night are late 60’s and early ’70’s (the one talking about Vail Pass).  I’d think older docs would be more set in the old ways and not as open-minded.  Maybe I’ve found the only three in the entire country who think more progressively amongst their peer group but it seems to be more than a coincidence.

Would be nice if we could get some of that progressive treatment thought process going on here.   I would bet on the proposition that a very large amount of opioid use could be eliminated if a little bit of MJ was available from time to time.  Many times, pain treatment needs just a little tiny bit of help beyond tylenol/aspirin that a nice homemade brownie or properly crafted chocolate chip cookie would take care of very nicely.  But instead, we are forced into the extreme drugs...  It's like a medical version of knee-jerk reaction due to political BS...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #749 on: August 10, 2017, 10:15:49 am »

I know several people here that are using CBD oil for arthritic and other chronic pain (mainly lower back pain) with great success and a couple of them have actually gotten off pills for pain relief. As for the strength, most of the pot shops here essentially custom make blends for people by starting out with a known strength and work up from that point.

If it gets people off of opioids and NSAID's I think it's a great idea.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org