A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:05:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598066 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #675 on: September 27, 2016, 05:48:45 pm »

Ed gives a positive connotation to ED. Good job.

onward...through the fog
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #676 on: September 30, 2016, 10:14:23 am »

So while Big Pharma uses its military muscle (DEA) to keep marijuana out of the hands of amateurs (until its ready to take over)...
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/09/28/marijuana-raids-pot-southern-colorado/

Congress to DEA:  "You're High"   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/congress-kratom-dea-letter_us_57e93743e4b0e28b2b54fe36

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #677 on: October 07, 2016, 10:22:36 am »

Even in states with legal medical marijuana, the feds still throw money at local police to do stupid things:

AMHERST — All that remains of the solitary marijuana plant an 81-year-old grandmother had been growing behind her South Amherst home is a stump and a ragged hole in the ground.

Margaret Holcomb said she was growing the plant as medicine, a way to ease arthritis and glaucoma and help her sleep at night. Tucked away in a raspberry patch and separated by a fence from any neighbors, the plant was nearly ready for harvest when a military-style helicopter and police descended on Sept. 21.

In a joint raid, the Massachusetts National Guard and State Police entered her yard and cut down the solitary plant in what her son, Tim Holcomb, said was a “pretty shocking” action — one that he argues constitutes unlawful surveillance and illegal search and seizure.
Holcomb said he was at his mother’s home eating a late lunch with his sister when they heard whirring blades and looked up to see a military-style helicopter circling the property, with two men crouching in an open door and holding a device that he suspects was a thermal imager to detect marijuana plants.

Within 10 minutes of the helicopter departing, several vehicles arrived at the home, including a pickup truck with a bed filled with marijuana plants seized at
other locations, and several State Police troopers, including one who flashed his badge.
Holcomb said he was told that as long as he did not demand that a warrant be provided to enter the property or otherwise escalate the situation, authorities would file no criminal charges.

http://www.gazettenet.com/MarijuanaRaid-HG-100116-5074664

State police spokesman David Procopio said these operations were done under the auspices of the Drug Enforcement Administration's Cannabis Eradication Program, which gives state authorities money to uproot pot plants. Some lawmakers are questioning whether an $18 million federal program to pull pot plants makes sense.

Last year a member of an eradication team testified that a medical marijuana law could lead to an epidemic of stoned rabbits and other animals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/10/07/drug-cops-raid-an-81-year-old-grandmothers-garden-to-take-out-a-single-marijuana-plant/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #678 on: October 07, 2016, 10:49:15 am »

Isn't there a legal term for the offer they made not to prosecute?

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #679 on: October 07, 2016, 01:56:24 pm »

Even in states with legal medical marijuana, the feds still throw money at local police to do stupid things:

AMHERST — All that remains of the solitary marijuana plant an 81-year-old grandmother had been growing behind her South Amherst home is a stump and a ragged hole in the ground.

Margaret Holcomb said she was growing the plant as medicine, a way to ease arthritis and glaucoma and help her sleep at night. Tucked away in a raspberry patch and separated by a fence from any neighbors, the plant was nearly ready for harvest when a military-style helicopter and police descended on Sept. 21.

In a joint raid, the Massachusetts National Guard and State Police entered her yard and cut down the solitary plant in what her son, Tim Holcomb, said was a “pretty shocking” action — one that he argues constitutes unlawful surveillance and illegal search and seizure.
Holcomb said he was at his mother’s home eating a late lunch with his sister when they heard whirring blades and looked up to see a military-style helicopter circling the property, with two men crouching in an open door and holding a device that he suspects was a thermal imager to detect marijuana plants.

Within 10 minutes of the helicopter departing, several vehicles arrived at the home, including a pickup truck with a bed filled with marijuana plants seized at
other locations, and several State Police troopers, including one who flashed his badge.
Holcomb said he was told that as long as he did not demand that a warrant be provided to enter the property or otherwise escalate the situation, authorities would file no criminal charges.

http://www.gazettenet.com/MarijuanaRaid-HG-100116-5074664

State police spokesman David Procopio said these operations were done under the auspices of the Drug Enforcement Administration's Cannabis Eradication Program, which gives state authorities money to uproot pot plants. Some lawmakers are questioning whether an $18 million federal program to pull pot plants makes sense.

Last year a member of an eradication team testified that a medical marijuana law could lead to an epidemic of stoned rabbits and other animals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/10/07/drug-cops-raid-an-81-year-old-grandmothers-garden-to-take-out-a-single-marijuana-plant/

So much for the Fourth Amendment...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #680 on: October 07, 2016, 07:27:24 pm »

Isn't there a legal term for the offer they made not to prosecute?

Conspiracy to deprive civil rights (federal offense).  Racketeering maybe, extortion? 

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #681 on: October 07, 2016, 07:48:09 pm »

Yes. Extortion. If I remember correctly, and that's not likely, it involves leveraging knowledge of an illegal act into a payoff of some sort. In this case, we won't prosecute your illegal act if you don't make us follow the law.

The other two I'm not sure but it sure sounds like extortion to me.

onward...through the fog
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #682 on: October 08, 2016, 02:15:42 pm »

Is all this marijuana talk making anybody hungry?

LA-based cannabis cook Jeff the 420 Chef also caters to this “high” end scene. He travels to individual homes and parties—celebrity parties, yacht parties, cannabis magazine parties—to cook up infused feasts. Kale salad, hazy Thai wings, and 420 Irish Cream (sans alcohol) are some of his favorites. He keeps the dose at around 10 milligrams per person (assuming you don't stuff yourself), which he says would have about as strong an effect as two glasses of wine.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-is-how-ultra-rich-stoners-get-baked-with-class

davideinstein
« Reply #683 on: October 08, 2016, 10:57:48 pm »

If anyone wants to invest, TRTC is a good ticker to follow for marijuana.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #684 on: October 10, 2016, 08:24:53 am »

If anyone wants to invest, TRTC is a good ticker to follow for marijuana.

I invested in marijuana once, all my money went up in smoke.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #685 on: October 10, 2016, 08:31:07 am »

Some investments are more personally satisfying than economically beneficial. And some are political statements. Either way, they serve some purpose other than money returns. Wouldn't you agree?

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #686 on: October 10, 2016, 08:50:36 am »

Is all this marijuana talk making anybody hungry?

LA-based cannabis cook Jeff the 420 Chef also caters to this “high” end scene. He travels to individual homes and parties—celebrity parties, yacht parties, cannabis magazine parties—to cook up infused feasts. Kale salad, hazy Thai wings, and 420 Irish Cream (sans alcohol) are some of his favorites. He keeps the dose at around 10 milligrams per person (assuming you don't stuff yourself), which he says would have about as strong an effect as two glasses of wine.

Oh, man....you got a mean streak!!   Now, I gotta go to LA...!!  Geez - I hate LA!!

Just had breakfast about 30 minutes ago, and that picture gave me the instant munchies!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
davideinstein
« Reply #687 on: October 10, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »

Some investments are more personally satisfying than economically beneficial. And some are political statements. Either way, they serve some purpose other than money returns. Wouldn't you agree?

All about the bottom line to me unless it's a completely unethical company.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #688 on: October 10, 2016, 03:40:52 pm »

No, it's not beat up on David day, but what about a half unethical company??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #689 on: October 10, 2016, 04:46:24 pm »

It was a clever rejoinder to Conan's post. I don't know poop about investing.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org