A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:19:00 am
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598345 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2014, 06:49:41 pm »

So you need to produce valid ID in order to present petitions to voters?
There is a rule that you have to divulge your history to government agents on demand or you lose your right to petition?
If your a jackhole to a cop, the 1st Amendment doesn't apply?

Noted. Thanks!

Seems like the male cop was professional.  He can ask for info, as long as they voluntarily comply so be it.  She was hostile the entire time.  Then they crossed the line.  Should have told them they cannot be on private property and left it at that.

Sad when stoners come out more professional than the police.  Not the stoners never called the officers names or violated their rights when they felt offended.

Notice how quickly Mr Professional jumps in to correct Miss Piggy's complete lack of regard for the law........

NOT.

As for The Chief's recently stated position on civil liberty,
either the deaprtment has had a complete reversal of their long-established, in-your-face disregard of civil rights

OR

there was a citizen with a video camera.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #346 on: June 26, 2014, 07:54:59 pm »

either the department has had a complete reversal of their long-established, in-your-face disregard of civil rights

OR

The group hopes to gather the nearly 156,000 signatures required to get medical marijuana on the November ballot so voters can decide the issue.

Organizer Chip Paul tells KRMG the police have stopped bothering the petitioners, but (Oklahomans for Health) still wants to know why it happened at all.

They'd like to find out if officers took it upon themselves to try and run petitioners off, or if the orders came from higher up.

And, Paul says, the councilors need to know there's potential liability for the city if such harassment occurs in the future.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/medical-marijuana-backers-plan-address-tulsa-city-/ngSzK/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2014, 01:31:00 pm »

It's interesting (but not surprising) that as the majority of states are either legalizing or moving closer to legalization of medical marijuana, the Oklahoma narcotics bureaucracy scrambles to build a barricade of new laws to fend off reform.
Here's one the governor recently signed into law:

http://legiscan.com/OK/text/HB2666/2014

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2014, 01:43:08 pm »

It's interesting (but not surprising) that as the majority of states are either legalizing or moving closer to legalization of medical marijuana, the Oklahoma narcotics bureaucracy scrambles to build a barricade of new laws to fend off reform.
Here's one the governor recently signed into law:

http://legiscan.com/OK/text/HB2666/2014

If it's good for the people.  Popular.  Or likely to enhance our attractiveness to outside investment.  We, as a state will always vote against it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2014, 02:04:49 pm »

Salvia is now a Schedule I narcotic?    At some point wasn't that a houseplant?

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »

If it's good for the people.  Popular.  Or likely to enhance our attractiveness to outside investment.  We, as a state will always vote against it.

We didnt get to vote on this overly-broad, capricious nightmare.

As written, you could twist a piece of paper and put it on a table, and if someone thinks it looks like a joint...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:41:58 pm by patric » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2014, 03:42:16 pm »

Salvia is now a Schedule I narcotic?    At some point wasn't that a houseplant?

Heading home to trip balls.

Smell ya later
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2014, 04:22:38 pm »

We didnt get to vote on this overly-broad, capricious nightmare.

As written, you could twist a piece of paper and put it on a table, and if someone thinks it looks like a joint...

"We" is the collective we - people at the ballot box and legislators down in OKC.  Across the board astounding how we vote against our own best interest so much of the time.  Most of the time....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #353 on: July 05, 2014, 10:18:11 am »

Heading home to trip balls.

Smell ya later

You flower children be careful, now, meanwhile...

EL RENO, Oklahoma - Agents arrested two Florida men who they said were smuggling $250,000 worth of pot products.
"This marijuana that they're producing today is like nothing we've ever seen before," Mark Woodward with OBN said.

Woodward said every single item they seized from the suspects' car contains marijuana like brownies, fruit juice, olive oil, butter, jam and candies that look like brand name candy.
"It shows who these people are marketing this to, because you don't put gummy bears out here and target 55-year-old men with this stuff," said Woodward.

55-year-old men in Florida with cancer, maybe.  

After all, dried prunes are definitely appealing to kids...

http://www.news9.com/story/25939171/obn-makes-unique-marijuana-products-drug-bust
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:20:16 am by patric » Logged

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2014, 10:29:05 am »

I take it Mark Woodward doesn't get out much.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2014, 07:04:32 pm »

I take it Mark Woodward doesn't get out much.

Want to bet he can find his way to the property room when he has a good friend with cancer?

It's hard to tell if they are that out-of-touch with reality, or just paid to be:
"Agents pulled over Robert Shepard and Andrew Mason on Interstate 40 in El Reno on Wednesday for following too close.
They said both men were acting nervous, so they brought in a K9 named Xena. The three-year-old OBN pup sniffed out 50 pounds of products in the men's car."

Glad to hear the probable cause came from OBNDD's routine patrol of the highway, and not a tip from illegal NSA surveillance.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/05/us-dea-sod-idUSBRE97409R20130805

All that warrant-less eavesdropping just to protect us from terrorist pot gummybears?

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #356 on: July 06, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »

Here's the Lawless Hellscape Colorado Has Become Six Months After Legalizing Weed

It's now been six months since Colorado enacted its historic marijuana legalization policy, and two big things have already happened:
1. Colorado's cash crop is turning out to be even more profitable than the state could have hoped.
2. Denver crime rates have suddenly fallen.

http://mic.com/articles/92449/six-months-after-legalizing-marijuana-two-big-things-have-happened-in-colorado

The Food and Drug Administration is conducting an analysis at the Drug Enforcement Administration’s request on whether the U.S. should downgrade the classification of marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-20/drug-regulators-study-easing-u-s-marijuana-restrictions.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #357 on: July 07, 2014, 08:59:21 am »

I bet that is a fun graphic to watch while stoned.

Meanwhile, crime is falling in Colorado since weed became legal.  The exact opposite of what law enforcement and the prison cartel predicted.

http://rt.com/usa/colorado-crime-change-legalization-study-017/

My apologies if someone else beat me to this.  I think it’s compelling.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #358 on: July 07, 2014, 09:09:20 am »

I bet that is a fun graphic to watch while stoned.

Meanwhile, crime is falling in Colorado since weed became legal.  The exact opposite of what law enforcement and the prison cartel predicted.

http://rt.com/usa/colorado-crime-change-legalization-study-017/

My apologies if someone else beat me to this.  I think it’s compelling.

although it might be plausible for it to go up...well, at least shoplifting of cool ranch and nacho cheese doritos would likely go up.

Cool

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2014, 10:33:47 am »

although it might be plausible for it to go up...well, at least shoplifting of cool ranch and nacho cheese doritos would likely go up.

Cool

Twinkies.  Gotta have...wait...what?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org