A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598074 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2014, 04:38:42 pm »

OK, thats a pretty insulated existence.  Time to get out of the gated community and see how many schools and roads really need their funding back.

It's just another lie - he is obviously a dealer in such...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2014, 01:24:16 pm »

It's just another lie - he is obviously a dealer in such...

He was on fox23 saying how he's seen it destroy families, but he sidestepped whether that was the drug or the enforcement.
Gov. Failin was at the same gig not wanting the kids driving high, and mumbling about gateway drug yadda yadda.

Within two years, this could all be a punchline in a sad joke:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/health/marijuana-rally-and-lobby-day-draws-patients-supporters-to-oklahoma/article_cb1eb9d1-54e5-500d-9428-384264f64961.html

According to the poll, 89% of New Yorkers support making medical marijuana legal, and 57% favor the legalization of recreational marijuana
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/poll-support-legal-marijuana-gaining-new-york-state-article-1.1617325

Washington DC Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession
http://www.voanews.com/content/washington-dc-city-council-decriminalizes-marijuana-possession/1864280.html
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:05:07 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2014, 12:19:01 pm »

Color me old fashioned, but I'm totally against making any mind altering drug legal, we have enough problems with drunk drivers and alcohol, we don't need to add to that list by making MJ legal. The chemicals in MJ can linger in the body over 4 weeks after it's last used, it will still show up on a drug test. We have enough people on the streets with altered brains as it is by using illegal drugs and alcohol clouding the brain--- So do we really want to add to that list? Funny to, they are banning tobbacco all over the place and it seems some people want to replace tobacco use with pot use, that makes alot of sense.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »

Color me old fashioned, but I'm totally against making any mind altering drug legal, ...

Research at the University of York and Hull York Medical School has found a connection between depression and low levels of folate (folate comes from leafy vegetables, beans, cereal and sunflower seeds).  Dr. Simon Gilbody and his research team examined 11 previous studies involving 15,315 subjects to come to their conclusion.

These items all are mind-altering. I say ban them too.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2014, 02:15:33 pm »

Color me old fashioned, but I'm totally against making any mind altering drug legal, we have enough problems with drunk drivers and alcohol, we don't need to add to that list by making MJ legal. The chemicals in MJ can linger in the body over 4 weeks after it's last used, it will still show up on a drug test. We have enough people on the streets with altered brains as it is by using illegal drugs and alcohol clouding the brain--- So do we really want to add to that list? Funny to, they are banning tobbacco all over the place and it seems some people want to replace tobacco use with pot use, that makes alot of sense.

It's more about personal liberty and responsibility.  I thought you were big on both those RWRE concepts..??  What happened to unwarranted government intrusion in people's lives?  You of all people, according to your past tendencies and expressed opinions should be in favor of legalization if for no other reason than the government butting into other's business!

And in another particular, it's more about since you seem to believe "We have enough people on the streets with altered brains as it is by using illegal drugs and alcohol clouding the brain" - your words!  Why compound the stupidity by spending tens of billions a year in our hard earned taxpayer money to prosecute and incarcerate the mj smokers?  It has been absolutely obvious even to the most insular - or should be if they had a brain - that mj usage has no adverse effect on either individuals or society, as compared to the impacts of cigarettes and alcohol.  Or even compared to the very real, documented dangers of bathtubs!  So why penalize people who just want to catch a buzz and mellow out with a bag of Doritos and watch some tv?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2014, 02:16:12 pm »

Research at the University of York and Hull York Medical School has found a connection between depression and low levels of folate (folate comes from leafy vegetables, beans, cereal and sunflower seeds).  Dr. Simon Gilbody and his research team examined 11 previous studies involving 15,315 subjects to come to their conclusion.

These items all are mind-altering. I say ban them too.

Oh, carp!  You just ruined my day - I love sunflower seeds!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2014, 12:44:03 pm »

Only two days after the  City Council in D.C. voted to decriminalize marijuana, the Tulsa City Council is taking public comments on doing something similar.  
Hopefully it wont all be from the for-profit prison industry.

3/6/2014 6:00 PM 175 E. 2nd St., Tulsa, OK 74103
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor

11. HEARING OF PUBLIC COMMENTS
   b.    Public comment calling for council resolution urging the state legislature to recognize marijuana for medicinal purposes. 14-193-1

http://www.tulsacouncil.org/inc/search/meeting_detail.php?id=YWXNRYAV115201391436
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:15:36 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2014, 02:14:38 pm »

Only two days after the  City Council in D.C. voted to decriminalize marijuana, the Tulsa City Council is taking public comments on doing something similar.  
Hopefully it wont all be from the for-profit prison industry.

3/6/2014 6:00 PM 175 E. 2nd St., Tulsa, OK 74103
Council Chamber, 2nd Floor

b.    Public comment calling for council resolution urging the state legislature to recognize marijuana for medicinal purposes. 14-193-1

http://www.tulsacouncil.org/inc/search/meeting_detail.php?id=YWXNRYAV115201391436

Let’s hope the patchouli parade doesn’t show up with bags of Doritos.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2014, 06:52:31 pm »

Let’s hope the patchouli parade doesn’t show up with bags of Doritos.

Ooohhhh.....good idea!!  Doritos!!   And I have some Cheetos, too!!  Yay!!

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:35 pm »

Oh, one small detail:  If you want public comments, invite the public.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2014, 08:06:43 am »

And Paul Tay has entered the Fray. He actually went to the meeting in Camouflage Fatigues and sporting a NRA Camo hat. Fox 23 just couldn't help but put him on the air.

Not sure if he was the best representation of the Biking community. Or if Spandex Biker Fox would have pulled more weight when it comes to lobbying for Medical Doobies.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2014, 08:53:21 am »

And Paul Tay has entered the Fray. He actually went to the meeting in Camouflage Fatigues and sporting a NRA Camo hat. Fox 23 just couldn't help but put him on the air.

Not sure if he was the best representation of the Biking community. Or if Spandex Biker Fox would have pulled more weight when it comes to lobbying for Medical Doobies.  Roll Eyes

Paul Tay never helps a cause.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2014, 10:51:34 am »

When you "solicit" public comments but dont actually inform the public of that, the result tends to be skewed towards those that just show up for meetings in general.  It was a squandered opportunity for not only the council, but for the media who either focused on distractions or missed the boat altogether.

Who could have been a better face for medical marijuana?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/health/medical-marijuana-brings-oklahoma-families-to-colorado-to-treat-kids/article_e5eeb610-85de-52b9-a4f2-37a9e42b9737.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2014, 11:04:58 am »

When you "solicit" public comments but dont actually inform the public of that, the result tends to be skewed towards those that just show up for meetings in general.  It was a squandered opportunity for not only the council, but for the media who either focused on distractions or missed the boat altogether.

Who could have been a better face for medical marijuana?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/health/medical-marijuana-brings-oklahoma-families-to-colorado-to-treat-kids/article_e5eeb610-85de-52b9-a4f2-37a9e42b9737.html

How about instead of a backdoor approach where people simply line up to get cards that claim they have anxiety only treatable by MJ, we simply decriminalize it?

Obviously big pharma is afraid of losing revenue otherwise the FDA would clear the way nationally for medical MJ if there truly is medicinal benefit.  I’d think there must be un-told billions of dollars just laying there waiting for pharmaceutical companies to either extract THC or synthesize it for all sorts of beneficial treatments.

I don’t think private corrections companies are the sole movement against legal MJ.  Think about how many people are currently locked up for possession or using drugs currently allowed by the FDA.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:10:31 am by Conan71 » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2014, 02:31:53 pm »

How about instead of a backdoor approach where people simply line up to get cards that claim they have anxiety only treatable by MJ, we simply decriminalize it?

Because politicians are still buying into/exploiting 1920's scare tactics?

'The Oklahoma State Bureau of Narcotics hopes the bill does not make it through the legislature. In fact, Woodward says marijuana is a dangerous drug. He says while a person can take a drink of alcohol and not get drunk, marijuana always causes a person to become impaired. "Everyone who smokes marijuana gets intoxicated, becomes high off of it and becomes a safety risk.”'

...so not only does that put OBNDD in conflict with ABLE, its another example of how the status quo bewilders people with misinformation.
Canibis Oil is often consumed with food, rather than smoked.  Cannibidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive component of marijuana that possesses a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-medical-marijuana/2013/11/cannabidiol-the-side-of-marijuana-you-dont-know/

Obviously big pharma is afraid of losing revenue otherwise the FDA would clear the way nationally for medical MJ if there truly is medicinal benefit.  I’d think there must be un-told billions of dollars just laying there waiting for pharmaceutical companies to either extract THC or synthesize it for all sorts of beneficial treatments.

I don’t think private corrections companies are the sole movement against legal MJ.  Think about how many people are currently locked up for possession or using drugs currently allowed by the FDA.

It's not just the unwillingness of Big Pharma and the prison industry to tweak their profit models;
corporate money from Anheuser-Busch and Big Alcohol also find their way to police grants and media campaigns.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:35:30 pm by patric » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org