A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:28:16 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598032 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2013, 01:49:58 pm »

We all know that if you couldn't grow you're own Marijuana that it would be legal and sold everywhere, like yesterday.
But there is no way that the GubMint will ever cut out the middle man. Even with huge profits from taxation on every pack sold. They want every last penny from anything grown and if that can't happen. The horror stories will continue about the use and abuse. And people will still be incarcerated for years at a rediculous cost to every State and the Country.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2013, 05:57:52 pm »

We all know that if you couldn't grow you're own Marijuana that it would be legal and sold everywhere, like yesterday.
But there is no way that the GubMint will ever cut out the middle man. Even with huge profits from taxation on every pack sold. They want every last penny from anything grown and if that can't happen. The horror stories will continue about the use and abuse. And people will still be incarcerated for years at a rediculous cost to every State and the Country.

Unless we quit electing people like Inhofe....over and over again.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »

Only that you should never believe the value you're told on the news. If I had had to pay those prices when I was just leaving high school I would have starved to death.

While "the news" arent the ones making those numbers up, they are the ones too lazy to go out and do some unbiased research.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2013, 08:38:41 pm »

Is it just me, or is Ke$ha actually Ann Coulter...??
I mean, yeah, she does look younger than Ann, but there is also a lot of makeup involved.  Just seems too close to be a coincidence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOubzHCUt48

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2013, 02:06:11 pm »

I'm against it. We don't need more people with altered brains on the streets. We have enough problems with alcohol as it is, we don't need legal MJ on top of that... No way.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2013, 02:08:49 pm »

I'm against it. We don't need more people with altered brains on the streets. We have enough problems with alcohol as it is, we don't need legal MJ on top of that... No way.

Because everyone who has ever used alcohol is a reprobate lush. 

Think responsibly  Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2013, 02:11:23 pm »

Here dickhead, take a hit! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/vaportini-alcohol-vaporizer_n_2458038.html
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:45 pm »

Again...just showing off what you don't know...

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2013, 04:57:12 pm »

HOLY SMOKIES! RUN THIS UP THE FLAG POLE!
MONDAY, FEB 4, 2013 04:06 PM CST
Dems move to change federal pot laws
Reps. Earl Blumenauer and Jared Polis to introduce bill Tuesday to end prohibition
BY ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/04/dems_move_to_change_federal_pot_laws/

“You folks in Washington and my friends in Colorado really upset the apple cart,” Blumenauer said. “We’re still arresting two-thirds of a million people for use of a substance that a majority feel should be legal. … It’s past time for us to step in and try to sort this stuff out.”

“We’re seeing enormous political momentum to undo the drug war failings of the past 40 years,” said Bill Piper, director of national affairs for the Drug Policy Alliance, who has been working with lawmakers on marijuana-related bills. “For the first time, the wind is behind our back.”

Blumenauer said he expects to introduce the tax-code legislation as well as a bill that would reschedule marijuana under the Controlled Substances Act, allowing states to enact medical marijuana laws without fear that federal authorities will continue raiding dispensaries or prosecuting providers. It makes no sense that marijuana is a Schedule I drug, in the same category as heroin and a more restrictive category than cocaine, Blumenauer said.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2013, 06:58:15 pm »

Keep in mind, I'm a proponent of such legislation even though I won't be partaking.  True fiscal conservatives should laud this legislation as long past due.  We waste billions every year policing, prosecuting, and warehousing people for a drug which is far less deleterious to society than alcohol.

I still could not pass the opportunity for a clever re-write:

MONDAY, FEB 4, 2013 04:06 PM CST
Dems move to change federal pot laws
Reps. Earl Blumenauer and Jared Polis to introduce bill Tuesday to end prohibition
BY ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/04/dems_move_to_change_federal_pot_laws/

“You dudes in Washington and my homies in Colorado really knocked over the twinkie wagon, I mean the taco truck, ah um...wait man...oh yeah upset the apple cart!” Blumenauer said. “We’re still busting I mean like millions and millions of good people for smoking really high grade weed that a majority of people should try! … It’s HIGH time for us to step in and try to snort this stuff out.”

“We’re seeing enormous political momentum to undo, oh, wait...where was I?  Oh, that drug war thing has just sucked! who's got some Dr. Pepper, I've got killer cotton mouth,” said Bill Piper, director of national affairs for the Drug Policy Alliance, who has been working with lawmakers on marijuana-related bills. “For the first time, the smoke is behind our back.”

Blumenauer said he expects to introduce the tax-code legislation as well as a bill that would reschedule marijuana under the Controlled Substances Act, allowing states to enact medical marijuana laws without fear that federal authorities will continue raiding dispensaries or prosecuting providers. It makes no sense that marijuana is a Schedule I drug, in the same category as heroin and a more restrictive category than cocaine, Blumenauer said.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:53 pm »

Conan,
That was great!!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2013, 02:58:37 pm »

This doesn't help the case for legalization.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281102/Drivers-stoned-road-test-evaluate-Washingtons-marijuana-DUI-laws-entertaining-video.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2013, 03:11:25 pm »

Meh...

I have many friends and friends of docs who will not seek a script because of this: http://www.wbur.org/2013/02/19/marijuana-laws

One potential scenario: A doctor who becomes a medical marijuana patient would be at “significant risk” of violating his or her license to practice medicine, according to Bill Ryder, legislative and regulatory counsel for the Massachusetts Medical Society.

Come on Feds...follow suit in the states rights cause. We know it's hard with all those state whacko's on the extreme right trying to be revolutionaries and take over our culture from the bottom up. Let it go Federalies! The fight is on!
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2013, 03:23:01 pm »

You're not supposed to be driving on medical marijuana (or any prescription painkillers) so this shouldn't matter.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2013, 04:04:05 pm »

So basically they found out that if you get so stoned you don't really want to drive you can't drive, unless you're a habitual user in which case you apparently can drive OK. And even if you're not, you've gotta smoke a gram of some of the most potent marijuana in existence inside of an hour or two to get stoned enough to be visibly impaired. TV news is awesome.

The Daily Mail is awesome, too, completely misrepresenting the text of the story in the lede.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org