A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:44:39 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598280 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2012, 08:16:22 am »

Spoiler alert: No, you can't get your pot back if it was previously seized.

NOT FAIR!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2012, 12:08:56 pm »

CHICAGO — Julie Falco eats three marijuana brownies a day, her chosen method of using cannabis to control her pain from multiple sclerosis.

For her, marijuana works better and has fewer side effects than the prescription drugs that left her depressed and in a fog, she said. She's tired of breaking the law, but doesn't want to give up cannabis.

Falco hopes Illinois lawmakers will remember her story as they consider a three-year pilot program to temporarily legalize medical marijuana.
House Bill 30 sponsor Rep. Lou Lang, a Skokie Democrat, wants the House to vote on the bill Wednesday and thinks political momentum is on his side.

With 18 states and the District of Columbia allowing the use of medical marijuana — and two states, Washington and Colorado, recently approving the use of recreational marijuana — the time may be right for passage in Illinois, Lang said. Lawmakers in the past told him they favor the bill but couldn't vote for it for political reasons, he said.  Now, some lame ducks can vote for the bill without consequences.

As the Illinois bill is written, a patient would have to get written certification from their regular doctor and be diagnosed with one of about 30 medical conditions, which include cancer, glaucoma, HIV, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, "agitation of Alzheimer's disease" and several pain syndromes. Also on the list: fibromyalgia, a condition with an unknown cause and a lack of definitive tests, and nail-patella syndrome, a rare inherited disorder that can cause pain while walking.

Other safeguards of the bill include a ban on doctors having financial ties to nonprofit marijuana dispensaries, guarantees that employers could still enforce drug-free policies and no requirement for insurance coverage.
Patients would be limited to 2.5 ounces every two weeks, which Falco considers a minimal amount for someone like her.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »

CHICAGO — Julie Falco eats three marijuana brownies a day, her chosen method of using cannabis to control her pain from multiple sclerosis.

For her, marijuana works better and has fewer side effects than the prescription drugs that left her depressed and in a fog, she said. She's tired of breaking the law, but doesn't want to give up cannabis.

Falco hopes Illinois lawmakers will remember her story as they consider a three-year pilot program to temporarily legalize medical marijuana.
House Bill 30 sponsor Rep. Lou Lang, a Skokie Democrat, wants the House to vote on the bill Wednesday and thinks political momentum is on his side.

With 18 states and the District of Columbia allowing the use of medical marijuana — and two states, Washington and Colorado, recently approving the use of recreational marijuana — the time may be right for passage in Illinois, Lang said. Lawmakers in the past told him they favor the bill but couldn't vote for it for political reasons, he said.  Now, some lame ducks can vote for the bill without consequences.

As the Illinois bill is written, a patient would have to get written certification from their regular doctor and be diagnosed with one of about 30 medical conditions, which include cancer, glaucoma, HIV, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis, "agitation of Alzheimer's disease" and several pain syndromes. Also on the list: fibromyalgia, a condition with an unknown cause and a lack of definitive tests, and nail-patella syndrome, a rare inherited disorder that can cause pain while walking.

Other safeguards of the bill include a ban on doctors having financial ties to nonprofit marijuana dispensaries, guarantees that employers could still enforce drug-free policies and no requirement for insurance coverage.
Patients would be limited to 2.5 ounces every two weeks, which Falco considers a minimal amount for someone like her.

Five ounces a month?  That's beyond stoned.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #168 on: November 28, 2012, 03:02:15 pm »

Five ounces a month?  That's beyond stoned.

Gee. I can't remember how much me and my "Buds" would smoke a month. But that's probably right on target.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2012, 06:57:59 pm »

Gee. I can't remember how much me and my "Buds" would smoke a month. But that's probably right on target.

"would" smoke? Come now.... Shocked
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2012, 12:21:02 pm »

Just a thought I read today....
The drug war has led to America being the leader in incarcerations around the world, ahead of China and Iran.  Visible forward progress....not.

State Sen. Brian Crain, R-Tulsa, derails a proposed study on marijuana law reform, saying his decision not to allow the study was based on the Oklahoma Constitution and the U.S. Constitution.
"I don't know how we can proceed ... as the federal law says the legalization of medical marijuana is against the law," Crain said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20121129_11_A1_ULNSdo813611

He just has unshakable respect for federal laws, like the Affordable Care Act.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2012, 12:52:28 pm »

"would" smoke? Come now.... Shocked

Ok, Ok. "Could" smoke.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »

Ok, Ok. "Could" smoke.

Let's go present tense: "can"... k?

Nobody needs to feel scorned for staying current..... Shocked
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2012, 04:38:24 pm »

In other marijuana-related developments today, Patricia Spottedcrow finally got justice and was released from prison.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2012, 04:43:28 pm »

In other marijuana-related developments today, Patricia Spottedcrow finally got justice and was released from prison.

Crazy
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2012, 05:39:35 pm »

Let's go present tense: "can"... k?

Nobody needs to feel scorned for staying current..... Shocked

Nope I can't say that. 1990 was my last year of the cannabis sativa. But if it helps people with illness relief. I'm all for it.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »

Nope I can't say that. 1990 was my last year of the cannabis sativa. But if it helps people with illness relief. I'm all for it.

Well then, you need to indulge. Medically speaking, it might make you kinder. Grin
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2012, 09:31:24 pm »

We know she was in because of that name. Oh, the fact she had no good lawyer was covering for Mom might be pertinent.

I hope this is a lesson for all those woman stoners out there!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:28 am »

We know she was in because of that name. Oh, the fact she had no good lawyer was covering for Mom might be pertinent.

I hope this is a lesson for all those woman stoners out there!

I hope it's a lesson to our legislature what an expensive tragedy the war on drugs is.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2012, 09:13:05 am »

I hope it's a lesson to our legislature what an expensive tragedy the war on drugs is.

Too many lobbyists from prisons for hire and alcohol producers.  (a guess)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org