A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:43:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 603368 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #945 on: August 01, 2018, 02:22:26 pm »

...which is why we still need to take it out of those hands and make it a part of the constitution.  We are much closer to that now:

Green The Vote announced Sunday that it has compiled enough signatures — 132,527, to be exact — for State Question 797 to be put up for vote on the Nov. 6 general election ballot. The measure would incorporate the right to medical and recreational marijuana in the Oklahoma Constitution.

"The voters of Oklahoma who overwhelmingly voted for (State Question) 788 wanted to send a message to our lawmakers that we know exactly what we’re voting for and we know what it will do for our state’s economy.”

https://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/marijuana-petition-to-get-state-constitutional-question-on-november-ballot/article_53335773-fd7a-5b30-87b6-35fc020c0eae.html

Strange...seems like 796 isn't quite there yet.  I wonder why?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #946 on: August 01, 2018, 08:50:29 pm »

Escape Clause:

Deputy Mayor Michael Junk said the city would not issue any regulations or create any ordinances related to medical marijuana until the state policy is in place.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/city-working-group-exploring-local-implications-of-sq/article_f4881a8a-c77d-5da8-ad43-c47e030bb7ff.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #947 on: August 03, 2018, 09:26:13 am »

Five- and six-figure donors to anti-788 campaign:

Arvest Bank: $25,000

BancFirst Corp.: $10,000

Chesapeake Energy Corp.: $25,000

Chickasaw Nation: $100,000

Cimarex Energy Co.: $75,000

ConocoPhillips: $50,000

Continental Resources: $100,000

Cox Communications: $25,000

Creek Real Estate (Enid): $10,000

Devon Energy Corp.: $100,000

Dolese Bros. Co. (OKC): $25,000

Enable Midstream Partners: $25,000

Forward Oklahoma City (through Greater OKC Chamber): $190,000

Gulfport Energy Corp.: $50,000

Helmerich & Payne: $15,000

IBC Bank: $20,000

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores: $25,000

Newfield Exploration Co.: $100,000

OG&E Energy Corp.: $25,000

Oklahoma Hospital Association: $25,000

Oklahoma State Medical Association: $75,000

Phillips 66: $25,000

Robert Funk (CEO of Express Employment Professionals): $10,000

Robert Howard II (retired Mercedes-Benz dealer): $50,000

Smart Approaches to Marijuana (advocacy group in Virginia): $10,000

Tulsa's Future (through Tulsa Regional Chamber): $25,000

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/energy-firms-top-list-of-biggest-donors-to-campaign-opposing/article_9273036e-a644-570e-8595-55e21ee94c80.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #948 on: August 03, 2018, 10:02:53 am »

Five- and six-figure donors to anti-788 campaign:

Arvest Bank: $25,000

BancFirst Corp.: $10,000

Chesapeake Energy Corp.: $25,000

Chickasaw Nation: $100,000

Cimarex Energy Co.: $75,000

ConocoPhillips: $50,000

Continental Resources: $100,000

Cox Communications: $25,000

Creek Real Estate (Enid): $10,000

Devon Energy Corp.: $100,000

Dolese Bros. Co. (OKC): $25,000

Enable Midstream Partners: $25,000

Forward Oklahoma City (through Greater OKC Chamber): $190,000

Gulfport Energy Corp.: $50,000

Helmerich & Payne: $15,000

IBC Bank: $20,000

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores: $25,000

Newfield Exploration Co.: $100,000

OG&E Energy Corp.: $25,000

Oklahoma Hospital Association: $25,000

Oklahoma State Medical Association: $75,000

Phillips 66: $25,000

Robert Funk (CEO of Express Employment Professionals): $10,000

Robert Howard II (retired Mercedes-Benz dealer): $50,000

Smart Approaches to Marijuana (advocacy group in Virginia): $10,000

Tulsa's Future (through Tulsa Regional Chamber): $25,000

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/energy-firms-top-list-of-biggest-donors-to-campaign-opposing/article_9273036e-a644-570e-8595-55e21ee94c80.html

Good to know.  Cox is the only one of those I buy from, with just an occasional stop at Love's.  Gonna cut cable loose and it will be easy to stop going to Love's.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #949 on: August 03, 2018, 10:46:00 am »

Good to know.  Cox is the only one of those I buy from, with just an occasional stop at Love's.  Gonna cut cable loose and it will be easy to stop going to Love's.

The Cox opposition to medical marijuana is a bit of a suprise because their top TV station in this market came out in favor of meducal marijuana.
http://www.fox23.com/videos/news/fox-rant-the-case-for-medical-marijuana/vCM4X8/

Its amazing how many of these large corporations bankrolled the opposition because they were apparently led to believe it would legalize stoned employees, and didnt bother reading the measure to discover otherwise.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #950 on: August 04, 2018, 06:18:09 pm »

Oklahoma's zero-tolerance DUI metabolite law is illegitimate, not targeting drunks so much as sinners.
The law is based on the premise that since marijuana was illegal, any finding of the drug (no matter how old or minuscule, might as well be considered "impairment" even though a person might not actually be impaired.

There are a lot of "gaps" the legislature needs to fill with Medical Marijuana lawmaking
https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/what-gaps-will-the-legislature-need-to-fill-in-medical/article_7c268d5d-e850-59ed-8ec1-448fed51a5ec.html
but our sham DUI law isnt even on the list to be considered.

Taking into account all the ramifications (revenue, public safety fears), calling a special session of the legislature isnt that outrageous a suggestion when you consider the earliest look at the issues wouldnt be until next February.

MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #951 on: August 07, 2018, 08:25:05 am »

Well then...

Green the Vote fabricated signatures (for presumably both the recreational petition and the 'hands off the medical SQ' petition), admitted to it last night.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #952 on: August 07, 2018, 08:30:21 am »

Well then...

Green the Vote fabricated signatures (for presumably both the recreational petition and the 'hands off the medical SQ' petition), admitted to it last night.

Source?

EDIT:  NM, found a source.  Newon6 in their headlines.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:33:20 am by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #953 on: August 07, 2018, 09:40:58 am »

Well then...

That is insane...what possible motivation could there be for that other than someone inside actually trying to shoot it down...  Geez...

Or they were partying just a little bit too early in the process!!

Disappointing...now there is gonna be a much bigger mountain to climb to start over again!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:45:53 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #954 on: August 07, 2018, 10:11:00 am »

Well then...

No they did not "fabricate signatures."  
One of the board inflated the count of signatures to appear higher, with the intent of motivating voters.
There's a big difference between exaggerating the number of signatures for PR and actually forging signatures.
Had someone fabricated signatures they would have been looking at some time behind bars, but that apparently wasnt the case.

Its a bad tactic, as the actual numbers dont always catch up to the forecast.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/i-have-let-you-down-green-the-vote-leaders-inflated/article_7f96071a-03a2-5bf7-ad1b-5d14ffe079a6.html

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #955 on: August 07, 2018, 10:58:50 am »

No they did not "fabricate signatures."  
One of the board inflated the count of signatures to appear higher, with the intent of motivating voters.
There's a big difference between exaggerating the number of signatures for PR and actually forging signatures.
Had someone fabricated signatures they would have been looking at some time behind bars, but that apparently wasnt the case.

Its a bad tactic, as the actual numbers dont always catch up to the forecast.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/marijuana/i-have-let-you-down-green-the-vote-leaders-inflated/article_7f96071a-03a2-5bf7-ad1b-5d14ffe079a6.html

They may not have fabricated actual signatures on a petition, but saying you have ~60,000 more signatures than you actually have is definitely a fabrication.  If they were looking to build trust and credibility with the public, this is not the way to do it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #956 on: August 07, 2018, 11:18:02 am »

They may not have fabricated actual signatures on a petition, but saying you have ~60,000 more signatures than you actually have is definitely a fabrication.  If they were looking to build trust and credibility with the public, this is not the way to do it.

you mean like the same way that the medical commission used bribes and the like to get their way in the drafting of the rules for MM?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #957 on: August 07, 2018, 12:35:44 pm »

They may not have fabricated actual signatures on a petition, but saying you have ~60,000 more signatures than you actually have is definitely a fabrication.  If they were looking to build trust and credibility with the public, this is not the way to do it.

Not a fabrication - it was a flat out lie!

Very disappointing they seemed to think lying would somehow 'help' the cause - believers would be more likely to respond/mobilize if they saw it falling short.  I thought it was doing well, so didn't get petitions to have signed.  If I had known the truth, I would have gotten some blank sheets and hit up everyone I know - it is a pain to search out the locations and travel there...

Shame on me!   I didn't go get some and do that anyway...!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:38:09 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #958 on: August 07, 2018, 02:35:19 pm »

you mean like the same way that the medical commission used bribes and the like to get their way in the drafting of the rules for MM?

Yes, lying about the number of signatures or being unable to count names with a 50% accuracy will cause people not to trust you in the same way ignoring the clear language of the initiative and using bribes to change the rules will cause people not to trust you.  It will be interesting to see if the legislative group that has had Green the Vote involved in the discussion of implementing medical marijuana drops them. 
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #959 on: August 07, 2018, 02:38:07 pm »

Not a fabrication - it was a flat out lie!

Very disappointing they seemed to think lying would somehow 'help' the cause - believers would be more likely to respond/mobilize if they saw it falling short.  I thought it was doing well, so didn't get petitions to have signed.  If I had known the truth, I would have gotten some blank sheets and hit up everyone I know - it is a pain to search out the locations and travel there...

Shame on me!   I didn't go get some and do that anyway...!

It was an odd strategy that does not appear to be well thought out.  Maybe Jeff Spicoli was heading up the operation.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org