A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:42:31 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making the Case for Medical Marijuana  (Read 598024 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »

"We can discretely supply your loved one with the need for as long as necessary, but in exchange we will want some favors that your position can facilitate."

Ahhhhh....therein lies the rub.  I am not a 0.1%er.  I have no position that would be of any significance in granting favors.  If I did, it would already not be a problem, would it?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »

Wouldn't that require the mind to exist for alterations?

I softened my reply dramatically from the original to take into account the fact that it would be a "fight" with an unarmed man....

Plus the fact that I have lost any and all sense of humor on the topic, and accordingly any sense and exercise of proportion on this issue.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:04:00 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #197 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:57 pm »

You have to admire how they manage to put it into perspective:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-december-5-2012/old-tokes-home

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2012, 07:17:37 pm »

You have to admire how they manage to put it into perspective:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-december-5-2012/old-tokes-home

Buffet!!!!

I like to travel, too!  Yeah, we just don't have enough perspective or view of the bigger picture in this country.  Plus, marijuana won't plug you up like narcotic pain relievers do!!  Especially if taken in their 'high fiber' form - brownies!!  A constant concern of the elderly!

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2012, 01:45:03 pm »

Sorry I'm against making MJ legal so I don't have a case to support it.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2012, 01:47:58 pm »

Buffet!!!!

I like to travel, too!  Yeah, we just don't have enough perspective or view of the bigger picture in this country.  Plus, marijuana won't plug you up like narcotic pain relievers do!!  Especially if taken in their 'high fiber' form - brownies!!  A constant concern of the elderly!

But you left out it affects and alters the brain much more than smoking does. Studies have shown that long term MJ use makes you less alert and you don't perform as well on skill testing, MJ makes you less smart in other words.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

But you left out it affects and alters the brain much more than smoking does. Studies have shown that long term MJ use makes you less alert and you don't perform as well on skill testing, MJ makes you less smart in other words.

I'm guessing there's not much room for....nevermind.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2012, 03:37:12 pm »

Baloney.

Where's this study? Or is it based on a few fake surveys from the 1990's?
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2012, 02:25:02 pm »

Come visit again after you have had a while to deal with a loved one suffering with cancer or MS.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2012, 09:18:45 am »

Your stand against it is just another excellent point making the case for it!!  Given you past stance and comments on just about everything else....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2012, 09:20:07 am »

Still blathering what they taught you in elementary school and what they showed you in the movie "Reefer Madness".  All, or course, nonsense.  See note above....

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2012, 09:28:50 am »

I thought part of the federal War On Drugs precluded any studies of potential benefits of any Schedule 1 drugs.  That puts THC - the active part of cannabis - in the same category as heroin.  If any peer-reviewed studies exist, I'd like to see a link to them.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:28 pm »

Was it FOTD or Aox who was our first advocate here for medical purposes and decrim and legalization? Grin

Seriously, we should get out ahead of the curve on this issue. Already prepared documentation exists for medical marijuana in the state crapitoll. What odds of that happening? And then there's the voters... But shouldn't it just be legalized and regulated on the Federal level? Two years from now will be the window of opportunity.

There's a national chain called Ziggyz that now has 4 locations in the city. Buy futures. They're going to be sitting in the cat nip seat. Short prison corps.... oh, encourage a Brady or Blue Dome location.

Just as Colorado and Washington will out recruit college football players in the coming years, young talent will move to the areas of the country where they aren't hassled for what they do in the privacy of their own homes.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »

Was it FOTD or Aox who was our first advocate here for medical purposes and decrim and legalization? Grin

Are you suffering from unknown cause of memory loss?   Grin

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2012, 02:00:20 pm »

Seriously, we should get out ahead of the curve on this issue. Already prepared documentation exists for medical marijuana in the state crapitoll. What odds of that happening?

Not as long as we are "fighting a war on drugs" like this:

"A system for sentencing guidelines for federal offenders which directs someone like Officer Brandon McFadden to receive self-surrender, 20 months for dealing 26 kilos of methamphetamine, and to keep his $400,000 house, which was undoubtedly built in part with drug money, demonstrates again the accuracy of the often repeated claim that the law is an a$s"
--  Attorney Stephen Jones

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org