A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:43:15 am
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279770 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #465 on: April 06, 2016, 06:20:10 pm »

As all things Oklahoma, I have little trust in anything positive moving forward to reality.

I'm going to guess this will be placed on the November ballot with the largest possible turn-out.  The result - voted down by our stark-raving mad Cruz/Trump-ers.

I did neglect to add (YET) after my original statement. 

If it becomes a county-by-county measure, I think this will pass in Tulsa County much like liquor-by-the-drink did.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2016, 10:40:01 am »

State Rep. Todd Russ, R-Cordell, was in the midst of an emotional argument against the resolution when he suggested that blacks and American Indians should join him in opposition because they have a history of alcohol-related trouble.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/debate-on-alcohol-amendments-takes-racial-turn/article_53738839-d9c3-5ed8-9b42-b599114ca010.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2016, 10:54:22 am »

State Rep. Todd Russ, R-Cordell, was in the midst of an emotional argument against the resolution when he suggested that blacks and American Indians should join him in opposition because they have a history of alcohol-related trouble.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/debate-on-alcohol-amendments-takes-racial-turn/article_53738839-d9c3-5ed8-9b42-b599114ca010.html

WOW, just wow. Hillbilly values at it's best.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #468 on: April 22, 2016, 11:52:16 am »

How does he feel about passing out blankets to the redskins....errrr.....homeless.....errr...."those people?"
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2016, 11:52:49 am »

WOW, just wow. Hillbilly values at it's best.

$20 says there is a bottle of Scotch somewhere in his office.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2016, 11:53:42 am »

I don't normally like to criticize someone's religion, but this racist yahoo is trying to force his religion on everyone else. He's a fracking Pentecostal Minister, you know, the speaking in tongues and snake handling people. This is the idiot that also tried to end marriage in Oklahoma so gays couldn't marry. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2016, 11:58:11 am »

While I was at a meeting at Marshall’s yesterday afternoon, Eric was streaming this nonsense and uttering a few expletives of his own design. 

One of the things I caught was debate over whether or not clerks could be under 21.  What assurance was there that having servers under the age of 21 wouldn’t result in a bunch of underage drinking?

The stooopedz is strong in the OK Legislature.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2016, 12:21:24 pm »

$20 says there is a bottle of Scotch somewhere in his office.

$50.00 says he has single malt in a cabinet at his house.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #473 on: April 22, 2016, 12:23:18 pm »

$50.00 says he has single malt in a cabinet at his house.

No, he's more the cheap bourbon in a coffee cup type drinker.  
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #474 on: April 22, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »

Remember: not being able to force your religion on everyone else by force of law is religious persecution. Unless they try to force their religion on you, then that is religious persecution.  Just wait until the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (may we all be touched by His noodly appendage) takes over and the OK legislature is fully attired in pirate regalia drinking their mandatory pint of rum.  Then sh!t will get done!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #475 on: April 22, 2016, 01:25:59 pm »

Remember: not being able to force your religion on everyone else by force of law is religious persecution. Unless they try to force their religion on you, then that is religious persecution.  Just wait until the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (may we all be touched by His noodly appendage) takes over and the OK legislature is fully attired in pirate regalia drinking their mandatory pint of rum.  Then sh!t will get done!

Ramen
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #476 on: May 02, 2016, 12:24:42 pm »

Have you looked at the picture of that guy on the link??   Geez....I know I am not the prettiest face around, but that is just wrong on so many levels!!

Townsend - clever...Like!  Incorporated...Doxology.

Glory be to the Meatball, and to the Sauce, and to the Noodly Appendages.
    As it was in the beginning, and now, and always shall be, pasta without end.  Ramen....Ramen...

I really am hoping God has a sense of humor....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #477 on: May 02, 2016, 12:56:38 pm »

I really am hoping God has a sense of humor....

He does.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #478 on: May 02, 2016, 02:09:57 pm »

He does.

I'm counting on it....

Nothing in this old world makes sense if He doesn't.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #479 on: May 03, 2016, 11:42:06 am »

Oklahoma Supreme Court Invalidates Retail Liquor Proposal

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahoma-supreme-court-invalidates-retail-liquor-proposal

The Oklahoma Supreme Court has invalidated an initiative petition that calls for a statewide vote on whether to allow wine to be sold in grocery stores.

The Supreme Court handed down the ruling Tuesday and ordered the petition stricken from the November general election ballot.

The petition, filed by the Retail Liquor Association of Oklahoma, was challenged by the Oklahoma Grocers Association, which alleged it unconstitutionally delegates legislative authority and is insufficient and misleading.

In a 7-1 decision with one abstention, the Supreme Court ruled the petition makes significant changes in the state's liquor laws and that the petition's written explanation of its affect does not provide enough information for voters to make an informed decision.

So the grocers were fighting this one?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org