A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:29:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279726 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #405 on: September 17, 2015, 10:23:16 am »

They sell strong Bud at every liquor store I've seen lately, in six packs.  Bud Platinum is the thing I've seen the most of.

No kidding. It's been that long since I've been in one. I read where it was only going to be in Kegs. I'm not so much looking for Hot Budweiser as I am a cold Golden Colorado Coors strong version. And not that light carp everyone around here seems to love.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #406 on: September 17, 2015, 06:57:11 pm »

No kidding. It's been that long since I've been in one. I read where it was only going to be in Kegs. I'm not so much looking for Hot Budweiser as I am a cold Golden Colorado Coors strong version. And not that light carp everyone around here seems to love.

I would usually take a few cases of Coors back to VA when I was home on leave when I was in the Navy in the early 70s.  I never understood the attraction for Coors beyond the fact that it wasn't available back east.  Back then, I was a Budweiser consumer so it's not like I am comparing Coors to a good, tasty American or German beer of the era.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2015, 11:10:56 am »

I would usually take a few cases of Coors back to VA when I was home on leave when I was in the Navy in the early 70s.  I never understood the attraction for Coors beyond the fact that it wasn't available back east.  Back then, I was a Budweiser consumer so it's not like I am comparing Coors to a good, tasty American or German beer of the era.

East Bound and Down...

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2015, 05:07:15 pm »

East Bound and Down...

I wonder how many Trans-Ams they wrecked to make that movie.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2015, 07:15:34 pm »

I wonder how many Trans-Ams they wrecked to make that movie.

According to director Hal Needham in the DVD Documentary, Pontiac gave them three Trans-Ams and two Bonnevilles (Sheriff Justice's patrol car) for the film. Needham says that one of the Trans-Ams was completely destroyed during the famous bridge jump scene and that with all the damages the Lemans sustained, they eventually had to piece all three bodies together to make one Bonneville.

Three Trans-Am cars were used in this movie. Director Hal Needham claims in the DVD documentary that they could barely run towards the end of the film's production.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076729/trivia
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #410 on: September 19, 2015, 07:45:43 am »

That was it.  "Forbidden fruit" syndrome, 'cause Coors always sucked....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2015, 08:40:41 am »

Give me a good yella belly any day.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2016, 12:30:26 pm »

Is this illegal in Oklahoma?

PicoBrew Pico

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/picobrew-pico/

Think of PicoBrew like the Keurig of homebrewing: Yes, a lot of purists are mad about it, and yes, it takes the drudgery out of making your own beer at home.

The company has been working on smarter machines that let you create more exact batches (without constantly overheating or otherwise ruining them) for a bit now, and it’s brought its latest product, the Pico, to CES. So if the Zymatic, PicoBrew’s original product, was a Keurig, the new Pico is the ultra-Pico. It’s half the size, a little easier to use, and…available for preorder on Kickstarter for $599 right now.

Don’t let that dissuade you too much; the original PicoBrew Zymatic easily made its Kickstarter goal and the Pico already has over $1.4 million. Also, I’ve tried PicoBrew-made beer and it is delicious.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2016, 03:32:35 pm »

Is this illegal in Oklahoma?

As long as you hold your OTC homebrew permit and follow those guidelines, I have not read anything that would indicate it would be illegal. And I am probably about as up to date on that knowledge as anyone.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #414 on: January 09, 2016, 12:39:38 am »

As long as you hold your OTC homebrew permit and follow those guidelines, I have not read anything that would indicate it would be illegal. And I am probably about as up to date on that knowledge as anyone.

And so long as you brew <200 gallons of beer per year, you are golden.  I do have to admit to looking out the window like a crazed tweaker for Smoot and his jackboots every time I start a new batch of beer.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:41:37 am by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #415 on: January 09, 2016, 01:31:48 am »

And so long as you brew <200 gallons of beer per year, you are golden.  I do have to admit to looking out the window like a crazed tweaker for Smoot and his jackboots every time I start a new batch of beer.

You mean something like this?

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2016, 12:14:57 pm »

I always understood you could produce ethanol (or beer) freely up to a certain, federally-defined limit.  I didnt know OTC ingratiated themselves into hobby brewing.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #417 on: January 11, 2016, 08:56:02 am »

I always understood you could produce ethanol (or beer) freely up to a certain, federally-defined limit.  I didnt know OTC ingratiated themselves into hobby brewing.

You can certainly produce ethanol, so long as you don't refine (distill) it in any way. If you can get magic yeast that survives high alcohol levels, that's fine (there is a limit, I think it is ~20%. I do not recall for sure and am too lazy to pull notes at the moment). But the moment you try to distill the alcohol to a higher level --- DENIED! There is no permit for home distilling and there is no acceptable amount.

Home brewing has only been technically legal in Oklahoma for five (and a half) years. In order to legally do so you need to get a permit, that permit is from the ABLE Commission, not OTC. Previously, you apparently had to get an OTC license, so I was wrong. Here is a good summary:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrewing-rights/statutes/oklahoma/

In the commercial realm, there are two separate system of regulation for beer in Oklahoma. Low Point/non-intoxicating beer is regulated by 36 OS 100 et seq. and controlled by the Oklahoma Tax Commission. Strong Beer is regulated by 36 OS 500 et seq. and controlled by the ABLE Commission. In addition to any permits required from the City zoning, County health, US Treasury, and ATF.

No wonder people just sell drugs...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2016, 12:08:56 pm »

You can certainly produce ethanol, so long as you don't refine (distill) it in any way. If you can get magic yeast that survives high alcohol levels, that's fine (there is a limit, I think it is ~20%. I do not recall for sure and am too lazy to pull notes at the moment). But the moment you try to distill the alcohol to a higher level --- DENIED! There is no permit for home distilling and there is no acceptable amount.

That's just crazy isn't it....

I have looked into it a little bit and separate facilities are required in addition to all the permits/taxes on the Fed level.  Haven't even bothered to look at OK state mess....'cause ya know it's gonna be a mess...

But would love to make a small distillery!  Micro-batch...only a few thousand barrels a year....for personal consumption!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2016, 04:38:06 pm »

So here's another attempt.

Group Seeks Beer, Wine Sales at Oklahoma Grocery Stores

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/group-seeks-beer-wine-sales-oklahoma-grocery-stores

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A group that supports the sale of strong beer and wine at Oklahoma grocery stores, gas stations and convenience stores is launching a petition drive to place the issue on the November ballot.

The group Oklahomans for Modern Laws filed an initiative petition on Wednesday with the Oklahoma secretary of state's office. The proposed language for the ballot now must be reviewed by the attorney general, and if approved, the group can begin gathering signatures.

Telephone messages left Wednesday with the group's chairman and its attorney were not immediately returned.

Under current Oklahoma law, strong beer and wine can be sold only at liquor stores. Refrigerated beer sold at grocery stores and gas stations cannot exceed 3.2 percent alcohol content.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org