A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:24:42 am
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279630 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2015, 08:23:37 pm »

I doubt I would buy strong Bud or Coors even if it were available in Liquor Stores.  Well, maybe just one each in a Mix-a-Six to remind me why I drink Craft Beer.

This IS good though because some brewers will NOT ship to Oklahoma because they won't ship and store their beer refrigerated.  New Belgium is the first one that comes to mind (maker of Fat Tire).  I know RM is with me on this.  I grow weary of driving to Caney just to get my fill of Fat Tire!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:40 pm »

This IS good though because some brewers will NOT ship to Oklahoma because they won't ship and store their beer refrigerated.  New Belgium is the first one that comes to mind (maker of Fat Tire).  I know RM is with me on this.  I grow weary of driving to Caney just to get my fill of Fat Tire!

I want "less than room temperature" beer in Liquor Stores.  I just don't care for MillerCoorsBud Light.

Fat Tire:
I like it too.  I've gotten the real stuff during some trips to TX.  High Gravity has a pretty good clone kit if you want to brew some of your own to avoid the drive to KS.

FWIW, the ability to keep beer cold doesn't mean the retailers will.  I saw some room temperature Fat Tire at the HEB where I was in TX.  It was summer though and room temp in HEB was still a lot less than outside in July.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2015, 09:38:21 pm »

I want "less than room temperature" beer in Liquor Stores.  I just don't care for MillerCoorsBud Light.

Fat Tire:
I like it too.  I've gotten the real stuff during some trips to TX.  High Gravity has a pretty good clone kit if you want to brew some of your own to avoid the drive to KS.

FWIW, the ability to keep beer cold doesn't mean the retailers will.  I saw some room temperature Fat Tire at the HEB where I was in TX.  It was summer though and room temp in HEB was still a lot less than outside in July.

The Caney store I go to (and I'm sure it's the same one RM goes to) always keeps it refrigerated.  Now I guess I should modify that and say the requirement is allowing transport in refrigerated trucks, of which Oklahoma doesn't allow for high point beer.

So it's the same deal.  Oklahoma currently doesn't have it.  And I don't have the time nor inclination currently to home brew.  Maybe in a few months.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2015, 10:04:23 pm »

I haven't been to Caney to buy Fat Tire for a while, but it is my favorite beer. It would be great to buy a bottle of it cold in Tulsa.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2015, 10:12:30 pm »

For anyone who feels Fat Tire deprived until it arrives in Oklahoma, try Santa Fe Nut Brown or Moose Drool.  Not exactly the same as Fat Tire, but really good brown ales which will appeal to the same palate.  I know Hoss has tried SFNB.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2015, 11:32:06 pm »

For anyone who feels Fat Tire deprived until it arrives in Oklahoma, try Santa Fe Nut Brown or Moose Drool.  Not exactly the same as Fat Tire, but really good brown ales which will appeal to the same palate.  I know Hoss has tried SFNB.

SFNB is quite tasty.  It's a tad heavier than Fat Tire, but the taste is similar.  And I have tried Moose Drool as a suggestion from a friend while at McNellies.  It's probably closer in taste to it but a little hoppier.  Both beers still tasty.

EDIT: and technically, FT is an amber ale.  Both Moose Drool and Nut Brown are classified as English Brown Ales.  Which gives it a little heavier feel drinking it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:35:46 pm by Hoss » Logged

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2015, 08:23:55 am »

One of these days I'm going to have to try a Fat Tire beer. You guys have never steered me wrong. I know the love of craft beers that most all on here enjoy. C-Man was right about the Santa Fe Nut. I tried it and drank if for a while after his suggestion.

My thing about the low brow big two National beers is that for some reason in my mind. Oklahoma's 3.2 version always made what I have had in Texas taste so much better. And if I would be able to get a strong version of the two at Reasors on Sunday, All the better.
Being able to buy a strong tall boy at a convenience store would also be nice. The whole protect mom and pop liquor store business is ridiculous.
So it comes as no surprise that this law is to benefit them. Like I said. Oklahoma Baby Steps.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:29 am »

Also for those of you who like Marshall Arrowhead Pale Ale, I suggest you try his newer offering, This Machine IPA.  Same citrusy start, but an IPA.  With a kick at 7.80% ABV.  One of their better brews.

I still have a bomber of Bound For Glory I need to finish.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2015, 08:35:50 am »

One of these days I'm going to have to try a Fat Tire beer. You guys have never steered me wrong. I know the love of craft beers that most all on here enjoy. C-Man was right about the Santa Fe Nut. I tried it and drank if for a while after his suggestion.

My thing about the low brow big two National beers is that for some reason in my mind. Oklahoma's 3.2 version always made what I have had in Texas taste so much better. And if I would be able to get a strong version of the two at Reasors on Sunday, All the better.
Being able to buy a strong tall boy at a convenience store would also be nice. The whole protect mom and pop liquor store business is ridiculous.
So it comes as no surprise that this law is to benefit them. Like I said. Oklahoma Baby Steps.

Of course, you can now get Bud Light Platinum at any liquor store in the area.  Not sure why AB chose that particular brew to release as a “high point” selection in Oklahoma.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2015, 10:03:10 am »

Of course, you can now get Bud Light Platinum at any liquor store in the area.  Not sure why AB chose that particular brew to release as a “high point” selection in Oklahoma.

Never been a fan of light beer. I always thought. If your going to water it down to 3.2 why should I lighten it?  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2015, 10:13:02 am »

Never been a fan of light beer. I always thought. If your going to water it down to 3.2 why should I lighten it?  Grin

My uncle actually gave me one night before last.  It wasn't too bad.  For InBev.  Smiley

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2015, 12:24:43 pm »

Also for those of you who like Marshall Arrowhead Pale Ale, I suggest you try his newer offering, This Machine IPA.  Same citrusy start, but an IPA.  With a kick at 7.80% ABV.  One of their better brews.

The wife grabbed some for me the other night.   A bit sweet for me but I'll have more.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2015, 01:13:28 pm »

The wife grabbed some for me the other night.   A bit sweet for me but I'll have more.

Belgian is not one of my go-to styles, but it’s an interesting blend between the yeast and hops.  This was a beer designed by Garrick one of the assistant brewers.

Even though I’ve got a fresh stock of Odell and Deschutes from a friend who was in Kansas City last week, I still find myself reaching for an Atlas or This Machine IPA when I’m in an IPA mood.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2015, 01:17:26 pm »

Deschutes, 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2015, 01:50:55 pm »

Deschutes, 

Dude, you get all that you want and then some in your neck of the woods. 

Ever hear of Apothecary?  The guy does really unconventional techniques like brewing in hollowed-out logs.

http://beermebend.com/bend-oregon-craft-beer-the-ale-apothecary/

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org