A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:55 pm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279670 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2013, 12:13:49 am »

TYPros Spends Day at Capitol; Discusses How Liquor Laws Could Harm Business:

http://www.ktul.com/story/21417617/typros-spends-day-at-capitol-discusses-how-liquor-laws-could-harm-business

Love this comment from this article..........
Terradaloo

So tired of hearing these boozers complain about the liquor laws. We need stronger laws preventing the sale of alcohol....Booze is the number one problem with most car accidents...we don't need more access to booze....we need less....keep the drunks out of my state....if you don't like the liquor laws....MOVE!

While ABLE came to Tulsa to teach police how to make sure they do:

http://www.fox23.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=3959150&navCatId=19942

"We don't want to embarass anyone, but this store maybe selling to underage people, and here is a closeup of the name of this offending store"
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2013, 09:21:55 am »

Is Erik Smoot planning on running for office at some point in time? I've seen that guy on T.V. the last two weeks almost everyday.
I'm not sure what it is about that guy I don't like. He comes off as the power hungry little kid that was bullied in school. Maybe it's the voice or that wanna be a cop look he has going on.
Just wish that he would go back to his desk and let the real cops do their job.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2013, 10:22:46 am »

Is Erik Smoot planning on running for office at some point in time? I've seen that guy on T.V. the last two weeks almost everyday.
I'm not sure what it is about that guy I don't like. He comes off as the power hungry little kid that was bullied in school. Maybe it's the voice or that wanna be a cop look he has going on.
Just wish that he would go back to his desk and let the real cops do their job.

I've experienced him going overboard with things I've been involved with. 

He's not the best representative someone could have but he represents ABLE as ABLE should be represented.  Over reaching and too much power.

He was a cop.
saintnicster
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2013, 10:25:13 am »

Love this comment from this article..........
Terradaloo

So tired of hearing these boozers complain about the liquor laws. We need stronger laws preventing the sale of alcohol....Booze is the number one problem with most car accidents...we don't need more access to booze....we need less....keep the drunks out of my state....if you don't like the liquor laws....MOVE!
"Sent from my iPhone"
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2013, 11:37:02 am »

I've experienced him going overboard with things I've been involved with. 

He's not the best representative someone could have but he represents ABLE as ABLE should be represented.  Over reaching and too much power.

He was a cop.

I knew it. I thought that I had seen him before in uniform on the news.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2013, 11:38:48 am »

If we really were as puritanical as we pretend to be, then we should treat 3.2 beer like we treat real beer. It's just slightly harder to get drunk on 3.2 beer, so it should be available in 4x as many places for twice as many hours per week.

That makes sense.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2013, 12:13:25 pm »

If we really were as puritanical as we pretend to be, then we should treat 3.2 beer like we treat real beer. It's just slightly harder to get drunk on 3.2 beer, so it should be available in 4x as many places for twice as many hours per week.
That makes sense.

Is 3.2 beer still classified as a non-intoxicating beverage?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2013, 12:28:05 pm »

Is 3.2 beer still classified as a non-intoxicating beverage?

I really hate to, but I can prove that wrong.

Not only is it intoxicating if you do it right, but it's also a powerful laxative.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2013, 12:35:16 pm »

I really hate to, but I can prove that wrong.

Not only is it intoxicating if you do it right, but it's also a powerful laxative.

I just remember seeing the license to sell 3.2 beer at a place I used to frequent.  It was a permit/license to sell non-intoxicating beverages.  Of course the joke was to ask how many non-intoxicating beverages it took to get drunk.

dbacks fan
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2013, 01:09:17 pm »

I just remember seeing the license to sell 3.2 beer at a place I used to frequent.  It was a permit/license to sell non-intoxicating beverages.  Of course the joke was to ask how many non-intoxicating beverages it took to get drunk.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6QSY25cRjU[/youtube]
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #310 on: March 01, 2013, 01:48:26 pm »

Apparently Okies arent the only ones drinking watered-down beer:

http://www.stltoday.com/business/columns/lager-heads/anheuser-busch-waters-down-beer-lawsuits-claim/article_aec2ebe3-c13c-5181-b0a7-00058ff83c38.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2013, 02:17:22 pm »

Our not to exceed 3.2 beer is intentionally "watered down" (probably actually brewed to 3.2) but it is marked that way (absence of OK+) and we know it.

The gripe in the lawsuit is that the beer is not what it it marked.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:47 pm »

The lawsuit seems bogus to me, considering federal law allows for some deviation.

§ 7.71 Alcoholic content. (3) (c) Tolerances. (1) For malt beverages containing 0.5 percent or more alcohol by volume, a tolerance of 0.3 percent will be permitted, either above or below the stated percentage of alcohol.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2013, 03:52:32 pm »

It’s official: Oklahoma beer sample bill signed into law

http://blog.newsok.com/thirstybeagle/2013/04/22/its-official-oklahoma-beer-sample-bill-signed-into-law/

Gov. Mary Fallin today signed off on Oklahoma House Bill 1341, the bill to allow the state’s licensed brewers to offer on-premise beer samples.
The measure will go into effect Nov. 1.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #314 on: April 22, 2013, 04:29:31 pm »

Baby steps.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org