A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:59 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279590 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2012, 10:51:13 am »

Why do people go crazy for fat tire?  I was deeply disappointed the first time I tried it.  Is it the whole cuban cigar phenomenon?

It gained notoriety in the age of Coors and Budweiser.  It's less outstanding now that there are so many styles available to us.

Fat Tire remains a well known brand that opened our minds but not our liquor laws.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:38 am »

Why do people go crazy for fat tire?  I was deeply disappointed the first time I tried it.  Is it the whole cuban cigar phenomenon?

Maybe because some people like different beer than you?   Huh

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2012, 11:22:06 am »

Maybe because some people like different beer than you?   

I recognize. Smiley  It's just that I think that there are other beers that are in the state that are similar in flavor profile but are just better.  *shrug* de gustibus non disputandum est.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2012, 11:27:36 am »

I recognize. Smiley  It's just that I think that there are other beers that are in the state that are similar in flavor profile but are just better.  *shrug* de gustibus non disputandum est.

In vino veritas
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2012, 11:28:21 am »

In vino veritas

Agi quod agis

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2012, 11:33:58 am »

Agi quod agis

Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2012, 11:39:15 am »

Stop trying to be each other's huckleberries  Grin

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2012, 11:39:42 am »

You're a daisy if you do.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2012, 12:00:54 pm »

Why, Jacobi, does this mean we're not friends anymore?

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

Why, Jacobi, does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Of course we are.  Semper Amici in interneto summus.  But if we go any farther with tombstone references I'm quickly going to remember that I am no Val Kilmer.  Then I'll just be depressed all day.  Oh damn it, Now I'm depressed.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2012, 12:19:06 pm »

Of course we are.  Semper Amici in interneto summus.  But if we go any farther with tombstone references I'm quickly going to remember that I am no Val Kilmer.  Then I'll just be depressed all day.  Oh damn it, Now I'm depressed.

Be very glad you aren’t Val Kilmer these days. FWIW, Santa Fe Nut Brown is an outstanding ale.  I quit finding it necessary to bring a trunk load of Fat Tire back from surrounding states after I discovered that one.  New Belgium does have some really great IPA’s though. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2012, 12:31:14 pm »

Be very glad you aren’t Val Kilmer these days. FWIW, Santa Fe Nut Brown is an outstanding ale.  I quit finding it necessary to bring a trunk load of Fat Tire back from surrounding states after I discovered that one.  New Belgium does have some really great IPA’s though.  

I just like taking the dudes along on a short roadie.  Gives us a chance to stop in B'Ville and harden our arteries at Murphy's.   Grin

Maybe not too soon though, unless later in the evening.  If the temps are going to be this brutally hot, I'll wait until it cools a little.

Wow, he's dressing a little like a portly Ozzy Osbourne these days.

"All aboooaaarddd...hahahahahaha!"

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2012, 12:32:18 pm »

He looks more like a Van Zant than a Val Kilmer.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »

He looks more like a Van Zant than a Val Kilmer.

No doubt.  Since he’s a New Mexico resident, maybe he’s partaking of too much Santa Fe Nut Brown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2012, 02:57:21 pm »

State Supreme Court rules wine petition can proceed

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20120628_336_0_OKLAHO10971

By BARBARA HOBEROCK World Capitol Bureau
Published: 6/28/2012  3:54 PM
Last Modified: 6/28/2012  3:54 PM

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that an initiative petition seeking a vote on a plan to let some grocery stores sell wine can proceed.

The ruling came following a legal challenge brought by Oklahoma City convenience store owner Yousef Javadzadeh and anti-addition groups.

Supporters must collect about 155,000 votes to get the issue on the ballot.

"I would say we are quite pleased," said Brian Howe, director of Oklahomans for Modern Laws, which plans to circulate the petition. "We are looking forward to moving forward with the petition drive."

He said it is unlikely the petition process can be completed to get the issue on the Nov. 6 statewide ballot. If that can't be accomplished, the measure will be on the 2014 ballot, if enough signatures are gathered and approved, he said.

If approved by voters, State Question 763 would let counties of at least 50,000 people consider a limited expansion of retail wine sales. The expansion would require approval by voters in the county.

If approved, grocery stores and warehouse clubs with at least 25,000 square feet of floor space would be allowed to sell wine.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org