A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:33:29 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 282392 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2012, 07:23:12 pm »

And yet (as with other topics), even though there is near universal agreement, we as a state keep electing the same clowns that don't change the laws.
Anyone surprised by the results?

Yes.  Microsoft has taught me that doing the same thing again and again often leads to different results.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2012, 07:26:43 pm »

Yes.  Microsoft has taught me that doing the same thing again and again often leads to different results.

That's Microsoft.  Not the rest of the real world...

We have been this way before Microsoft existed.  Shoot, even before Bill Gates existed.  Just like the idiots that kept electing Gene Stipe, we keep electing you-know-who, plus the state clown club down the road there in OKC.  Sally Kern, et. al.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2012, 11:12:52 am »

Trader joes?  although I think they are really corny, people seem to realy like them.

Problem is, Trader Joes doesn't currently have stores that are over 25,000 sq ft... http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/26/business/la-fi-trader-joes-20111027

"The average Trader Joe's store probably will increase from between 10,000 square feet and 15,000 square feet now to 15,000 square feet and bigger, Flickinger predicts. "Trader Joe's can make double or triple the sales volume per week at a bigger store than at a small store, while checkmating competitors," he said."

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2012, 12:01:07 pm »

And yet (as with other topics), even though there is near universal agreement, we as a state keep electing the same clowns that don't change the laws.

Anyone surprised by the results?

We as a state are really, really good at electing clowns. It's one of the few places where we are a national leader.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:04 pm »

Yes.  Microsoft has taught me that doing the same thing again and again often leads to different results.

Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, what is doing the same thing over and over and getting different results?
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2012, 01:51:47 pm »

For the L.O.G please let me buy strong beer that's cold, in a grocery store and also give me as many options as they have in other states!  From what I read the opponents of the petition and ballot measure are now being proved wrong in the wording they said was "not allowed"...hope this one works out....
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2012, 02:10:44 pm »

I definitely want to see an overhaul to Oklahoma's liquor laws, but letting grocery stores (even if restricted in size) sell wine without allowing liquor stores to sell cold beer (above 3.2%) could be a serious economic blow to liquor stores.  Granted, liquor stores have not exactly been looking out for the customer's interest as they've fought to preserve their protected status.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2012, 03:56:04 pm »

Einstein said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, what is doing the same thing over and over and getting different results?

MicroSofting

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2012, 10:28:47 am »

So is this measure a step in the right direction, or is it misguided? It seems awfully narrow, like we're fixing a flat tire on a car with no engine. So is it a start to replacing the engine?

It wouldn't affect me at all, as I'm a beer guy. I want to see more good craft breweries here and have sensible days/hours in which to purchase said beer. I want to be able to visit breweries and drink their beers and get a growler to take home.

I don't personally care whether I can buy at grocery stores. With the exception of stores like Whole Foods, the grocery store beer selection is generally poor in other states.

Having said that, I'd probably be for this measure just because it seems to be a start toward getting us out of the 1950s.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:31:17 am by TheTed » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »

We as a state are really, really good at electing clowns. It's one of the few places where we are a national leader.

We also do it on a national level.  (Inhofe, Sullivan....)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »

Cold fusion.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »

For the L.O.G please let me buy strong beer that's cold, in a grocery store and also give me as many options as they have in other states!  From what I read the opponents of the petition and ballot measure are now being proved wrong in the wording they said was "not allowed"...hope this one works out....

Geez...I guess I thought you were older than that...still living in Disney world!  "Hoping" something rational will happen in this state??  Or this nation???

Again - quit electing the clowns!  (Anybody that is in office today!)

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2012, 08:32:27 am »

I definitely want to see an overhaul to Oklahoma's liquor laws, but letting grocery stores (even if restricted in size) sell wine without allowing liquor stores to sell cold beer (above 3.2%) could be a serious economic blow to liquor stores.  Granted, liquor stores have not exactly been looking out for the customer's interest as they've fought to preserve their protected status.

Agreed, I think both are out of touch laws that should be reformed and allowed..just had my 6.0 cold beverage BUD Platinum (yes I said BUD) last night that I bought in Missouri and enjoyed it while scouring at Oklahoma Laws....also enjoyed my Flat Tire beer and alcohol included mixers(Bacardi rum mixer packet) over the weekend by the pool I picked up in the grocery store...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2012, 08:50:02 am »

Agreed, I think both are out of touch laws that should be reformed and allowed..just had my 6.0 cold beverage BUD Platinum (yes I said BUD) last night that I bought in Missouri and enjoyed it while scouring at Oklahoma Laws....also enjoyed my Flat Tire beer and alcohol included mixers(Bacardi rum mixer packet) over the weekend by the pool I picked up in the grocery store...

Flat Tire?  Or Fat Tire?  Reminds me; a run to Caney is in my future....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39:22 am »

Why do people go crazy for fat tire?  I was deeply disappointed the first time I tried it.  Is it the whole cuban cigar phenomenon?

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org