A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:18:04 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279755 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2012, 08:23:02 am »

Me and my buddies used to go to Seneca Missouri and get gallon jugs of shine and chase the shots with Little Kings beer. I cant even imagine trying that at my, well mature age.
Now that I think of it. We had one crazy teenage life.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2012, 10:32:19 am »

Absolutely.  And that comes from the corn and malted corn.  Certain yeasts tend to thrive on certain grains in certain areas.  If we had anything approaching rational thought in this country, I would love to try some home distillation.  Micro-distillery in the workshop would be great!  "Modern" moonshiners seem to take the easy way out too often.  They use sugar (instead of malt) and package yeast.

Wheat has one that is fairly prevalent that makes a great sourdough starter, and that has different strains.  San Francisco is different from Oklahoma for sourdough starters.  (Small packages of yeast makes a good starter, but has different flavor from wild.)

There's nothing to keep you from it.  Just keep it to yourself and your closest friends and don't try to sell it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2012, 10:33:05 am »

Me and my buddies used to go to Seneca Missouri and get gallon jugs of shine and chase the shots with Little Kings beer. I cant even imagine trying that at my, well mature age.
Now that I think of it. We had one crazy teenage life.

Little Kings were one hell of a hangover waiting to happen.  Can't imagine moonshine boilermakers with Kings.  Ouch!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:30 am »

Do you know the difference between moonshine and ethanol? Nothing.

If the feds bust my still,  I'm going with the "fuel for my tractor" defense in court.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:41 am »

Do you know the difference between moonshine and ethanol? Nothing.

If the feds bust my still,  I'm going with the "fuel for my tractor" defense in court.

That will work until they see the "Diesel Fuel Only" placard on the fuel tank Wink

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2012, 11:03:46 am »

Little Kings were one hell of a hangover waiting to happen.  Can't imagine moonshine boilermakers with Kings.  Ouch!

No kidding.  I used to have those with buddies out at the Midnight Races back in the late 80s.  Up until 4am doing nothing but drinking.  10am rolled around after some sleep and you wished someone had put you out of your misery.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2012, 11:06:35 am »

No kidding.  I used to have those with buddies out at the Midnight Races back in the late 80s.  Up until 4am doing nothing but drinking.  10am rolled around after some sleep and you wished someone had put you out of your misery.

They were the perfect size for beer bongs and tasted like cream when you chugged them that fast.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2012, 11:38:50 am »

Hmm.....Seems you boy's know a bit much about makin that there shine. What wuz your names again ?  Grin

Beer starts in a very similar manner.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »

Beer starts in a very similar manner.

The interim fermented step is called beer.  Somewhere along the line, someone got in a hurry and just strained it and started drinking, I think.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2012, 12:48:33 pm »

There's nothing to keep you from it.  Just keep it to yourself and your closest friends and don't try to sell it.

It's still illegal, even for your own use.  One of these days when I reach the guido level of economics, I will just go ahead and buy the tax stamp and make my own.  Until then, will just buy from the store.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2012, 01:46:36 pm »

They need a better website (Oklahomans for Modern Laws)...

I am hearing there may be legislation introduced that will allow breweries to give tours and provide samples of their products, a right already afforded to Oklahoma wineries. Here's hoping a small change like this doesn't meet opposition as some of these other larger bills will. A similar bill was tried last legislative session, but didn't go anywhere (although it would have allowed brewers to sell their beer to the public, again, something wineries can do).

House Bill 2477 has been submitted that would allow breweries to give samples. Hooozzaahhh!!
http://newlsb.lsb.state.ok.us/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB2477&Session=1200

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2012, 01:53:25 pm »

I'm going through more of the proposed legislation for "Intoxicating Beverages" and found a fun one.

HB3100 would make it illegal to drink on your 21st birthday. You would have to wait until 7AM the next day.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2012, 02:06:31 pm »

I'm going through more of the proposed legislation for "Intoxicating Beverages" and found a fun one.

HB3100 would make it illegal to drink on your 21st birthday. You would have to wait until 7AM the next day.

Wow.  Even in the 21st century we can write some asinine stuff into law.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2012, 02:13:18 pm »

Wow.  Even in the 21st century we can write some asinine stuff into law.

Oklahoma, Oklahoma.  There, so nice, I said it twice.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

I guess we need to make sure you are actually 21 years old and not a few hours less.
 Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org