A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:22:05 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279761 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2012, 08:30:25 am »

Oklahoma for Modern Laws could take a few lessons from a like-minded group in Mississippi.

http://raiseyourpints.com/
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2012, 12:27:00 pm »

Oklahoma for Modern Laws could take a few lessons from a like-minded group in Mississippi.

http://raiseyourpints.com/

They look like they have it together,
and they are suffering under ... 5%.... beer.   Shocked

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »

Know what people in other states call "strong beer"?

Beer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2012, 09:07:15 am »

Know what people in other states call "strong beer"?

Beer.

Don't you know?  Alcohol in moderation IS DA DEBBIL in Oklahoma!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2012, 12:34:56 pm »

Pretty much what they did with the "task force" last session.

They were the ones who asserted that children would be buying "everclear in a can", weren't they?  Sounds very objective.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2012, 12:47:47 pm »

I had to resort to buying Everclear when I was a kid - then I got a job and had enough money to afford better.  'Course a little Everclear mixed with wine will get the girlfriend drunker all that much faster....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2012, 01:35:18 pm »

I had to resort to buying Everclear when I was a kid - then I got a job and had enough money to afford better.  'Course a little Everclear mixed with wine will get the girlfriend drunker all that much faster....

We used it with grape juice. Made it much more purdy when it came back up.  Shocked

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2012, 04:30:53 pm »

We used it with grape juice. Made it much more purdy when it came back up.  Shocked
Wait, your allowed to mix it with stuff...?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2012, 10:06:46 pm »

An acquaintance of mine says it's not just allowed, but strongly recommended. He has the scars (and the arrest record) to back it up. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »

Yeah, but when you mix it, like trash can punch, you really don't taste the alcohol until it's too late.  That stuff is a real creeper.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2012, 05:50:59 am »

Allows you to "sneak up on" the potential romantic interest, with a reduced level of awareness.  It does creep up on ya.  And mixed with wine gives an impressive rainbow of hues, too.

Everclear straight is ok, I guess, but does NOT have the flavor nuances and character of a good moonshine!  There are some really good 'shines out there and each area of the country has differences.  Oklahoma is different from Arkansas, which is different from Tennessee, which is different from Kentucky,....etc, etc.  Must be from the water sources and differences in technique.  Also whether fermented with corn and malt only, or if sugar or yeast is added.  Sugar is the cheap 'short cut' method...lazy way to make it.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2012, 08:02:01 am »

Also whether fermented with corn and malt only, or if sugar or yeast is added.  

Unless you add a known yeast, you are depending on wild yeast which would account for a flavor difference.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2012, 08:13:47 am »

Hmm.....Seems you boy's know a bit much about makin that there shine. What wuz your names again ?  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2012, 08:17:39 am »

Unless you add a known yeast, you are depending on wild yeast which would account for a flavor difference.

Absolutely.  And that comes from the corn and malted corn.  Certain yeasts tend to thrive on certain grains in certain areas.  If we had anything approaching rational thought in this country, I would love to try some home distillation.  Micro-distillery in the workshop would be great!  "Modern" moonshiners seem to take the easy way out too often.  They use sugar (instead of malt) and package yeast.

Wheat has one that is fairly prevalent that makes a great sourdough starter, and that has different strains.  San Francisco is different from Oklahoma for sourdough starters.  (Small packages of yeast makes a good starter, but has different flavor from wild.)

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2012, 08:18:13 am »

Hmm.....Seems you boy's know a bit much about makin that there shine. What wuz your names again ?  Grin

Heironymous P. Asparagus.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org