A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:20 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 279673 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2011, 05:34:28 pm »

You can last all winter on ~$200 worth of beer?

Better man than I.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2011, 07:47:27 pm »

He'd be a teetotaler around my house, that's roughly the monthly budget here.  Give or take a thousand. Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2011, 07:47:28 am »

It probably wouldnt be hard if you dont have any help.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2011, 10:16:55 am »

Those 8-10% ABV stouts last a while. Three of them on a Saturday night is plenty. More than that and I'd be suffering some consequences in the morning.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2011, 10:33:54 am »

I hope our Oklahoma breweries are taking note. I'd become an indentured servant at Marshall's if they managed to do something about ABLE.

Jester King Craft Brewery has announced it is suing the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. The brewery claims that sections of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code violate the First and 14th amendments of the United States Constitution.

http://austinist.com/2011/10/24/jester_king_brewery_sues_tabc.php

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2011, 11:39:50 am »

Those 8-10% ABV stouts last a while. Three of them on a Saturday night is plenty. More than that and I'd be suffering some consequences in the morning.

That's why you drink a variety.  Have a few lower alcohol brews and maybe only one of the big beers on any given beer night.  That way you have big beers through to the next shopping trip in mid winter.

Grin

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »

I hope our Oklahoma breweries are taking note. I'd become an indentured servant at Marshall's if they managed to do something about ABLE.

http://austinist.com/2011/10/24/jester_king_brewery_sues_tabc.php

Straight from the brewery: http://jesterkingbrewery.com/jester-king-craft-brewery-sues-texas-alcoholic-beverage-commission-over-beer-and-consumer-freedom

It's interesting. Texas has the same laws as Oklahoma regarding beer and wine sales; breweries cannot sell their beer directly to someone that visits the brewery, but wineries has sell to visitors of the winery. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. If they win, I can't see how that wouldn't apply to ABLE.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2011, 02:57:51 pm »

Should be interesting to see how it turns out. If they win, I can't see how that wouldn't apply to ABLE.

Not necessarily.  Although it appears this lawsuit is filed in federal court in Texas, any ruling would not be binding on federal (or state courts) in Oklahoma, particularly as it would be interpreting a Texas statute.  If Jester King prevails, it could definitely encourage an Oklahoma brewer to file a simliar challenge and the Texas decision could be persuasive, but that does not mean you get the same outcome in Oklahoma.  Of course, that assume Jester King prevails.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2011, 10:19:07 pm »

Straight from the brewery: http://jesterkingbrewery.com/jester-king-craft-brewery-sues-texas-alcoholic-beverage-commission-over-beer-and-consumer-freedom

It's interesting. Texas has the same laws as Oklahoma regarding beer and wine sales; breweries cannot sell their beer directly to someone that visits the brewery, but wineries has sell to visitors of the winery. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. If they win, I can't see how that wouldn't apply to ABLE.

Interesting.  I actually have bought wine at an Oklahoma winery and children didn't get drunk and no one was killed by me driving home from the winery with those bottles of wine in my trunk as I'm sure the liquor lobby is convinced would happen from such abhorrent behavior.

Now for the rest of the story:

Those wines were so dreadful, I doubt if I'll ever drink another Oklahoma wine unless it's free.  We simply don't seem to have anyone in this state with wine crafting skills which are on par with other vintners around the globe.  I'm serious. Yellow Penguin is better than most of the crap our vintners come up with.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:54 am »

Those wines were so dreadful, I doubt if I'll ever drink another Oklahoma wine unless it's free.  We simply don't seem to have anyone in this state with wine crafting skills which are on par with other vintners around the globe.  I'm serious. Yellow Penguin is better than most of the crap our vintners come up with.

You clearly need to lower your expectations.

Grin

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2011, 09:13:22 am »

I thought several of Stone Bluff's wines were decent, but Tidal School's stuff didn't really do much for me.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2011, 09:14:30 am »

Interesting.  I actually have bought wine at an Oklahoma winery and children didn't get drunk and no one was killed by me driving home from the winery with those bottles of wine in my trunk as I'm sure the liquor lobby is convinced would happen from such abhorrent behavior.

Now for the rest of the story:

Our hot sun tends to make them too sweet for me.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2011, 11:14:38 am »

I thought several of Stone Bluff's wines were decent, but Tidal School's stuff didn't really do much for me.

Last time I had a bottle of the Stone Bluff Cynthiana, it had a really weird whang.  Somewhat like what bottled chrysanthemums would taste like.  GHACK!

dbacks fan
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2011, 11:49:15 am »

Last time I had a bottle of the Stone Bluff Cynthiana, it had a really weird whang.  Somewhat like what bottled chrysanthemums would taste like.  GHACK!

NSFW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMiPjnNF7Dc[/youtube]
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2011, 01:58:58 pm »

NSFW

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMiPjnNF7Dc[/youtube]

Can't see the video at work, but my guess is a clip from Hollywood Knights

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org