A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:28:08 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 283502 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »

I've heard that one store / one owner deal too.  I heard that Parkhill's South (at 101st & Memorial just north of the QT) is owned by Mrs. Parkhill, not Mr. (Fred?) Parkhill to keep it legal.

And Parkhill's son is a wholesaler, on the paperwork.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2011, 06:20:39 pm »

I figured Lance was involved somewher with mom & dad.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2011, 07:34:04 am »

I've heard that one store / one owner deal too.  I heard that Parkhill's South (at 101st & Memorial just north of the QT) is owned by Mrs. Parkhill, not Mr. (Fred?) Parkhill to keep it legal.

Oh I get it. We love the law so much that we skirt it. That makes since.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2011, 08:19:11 am »

While I`m only a modest consumer of beer (~1.5 per week) I haven`t purchased beer in an Oklahoma liquor store/ grocery since 2006.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2011, 08:24:02 am »

I thought it was the daughter?  In any event, what other business in Okla. is limited to one location?  Why do we want to stiffle success and the benefits of purchasing power at the retail level yet let the state get carved in half between two primary distributors?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2011, 08:32:37 am »

In any event, what other business in Okla. is limited to one location?  Why do we want to stiffle success and the benefits of purchasing power at the retail level yet let the state get carved in half between two primary distributors?

I've been told the "one store per person" thing is to keep large companies from coming in and buying several locations and stifling competition.  Yes, we still have competition stifled all to Hell.

The distributors are crushing us.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2011, 08:36:11 am »

I've been told the "one store per person" thing is to keep large companies from coming in and buying several locations and stifling competition.  Yes, we still have competition stifled all to Hell.

The distributors are crushing us.

Exactly!  Let's prevent little monopolies on the retail level while we protect a monopoly on the wholesale level.

I've actually come up with a great solution to our archaic laws: move out of state.  One of these days.... Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2011, 11:04:01 am »

While I`m only a modest consumer of beer (~1.5 per week) I haven`t purchased beer in an Oklahoma liquor store/ grocery since 2006.
And that's the big missing link in all these discussions. How much tax revenue are we losing? We have quotes from liquor store owners saying nobody's complaining. They're probably doing their complaining at the out of state liquor stores.

I'm looking forward to stocking my shelves with at least $100 worth of good fall/winter beers in the coming weeks. All of that tax will be going to the state of Missouri.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2011, 01:42:39 pm »

That is funny all my money goes to Texas right now, granted that would not change if the laws did, however it would when in Tulsa if our laws change.

Thank you,
Robert Town
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2011, 04:46:35 pm »

With a healthy meal and in moderation alchohol has proven health benefits.

Food addictions and "abuse" kill 8-10 times more people in Oklahoma than alchohol addictions and abuse.

Lets ban all restaurants, eating establishements, and grocers within 300 feet of Churches and not allow them to be open on Sundays.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 04:56:03 pm »

With a healthy meal and in moderation alchohol has proven health benefits.

Food addictions and "abuse" kill 8-10 times more people in Oklahoma than alchohol addictions and abuse.

Lets ban all restaurants, eating establishements, and grocers within 300 feet of Churches and not allow them to be open on Sundays.

And require all church parking to be at least 1/4 mile from the church.  That will allow the "saved" to come back to earth before trying drive their car.

dbacks fan
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 05:43:07 pm »

I thought you were going to say so they can learn to walk.......
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 05:47:15 pm »

I thought you were going to say so they can learn to walk.......

That too but I'm more concerned about them driving a car.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »

That too but I'm more concerned about them driving a car.

Just avoid the ones who went through the communion line three times.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2011, 07:23:12 am »

And the task force disbands.
OKLAHOMA CITY - After hearing dire predictions that more crime and drunkenness would accompany broader availability of wine and strong beer in the state, a legislative task force studying that idea folded Thursday.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20111021_16_A11_CUTLIN263415

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org