A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:23:34 am
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stab at liquor law reform  (Read 278476 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2017, 12:26:08 pm »

Ralph Shortey will become governor before we will have liquor sales on Sunday. 

This is Oklahoma, does anyone really doubt me?

Several significant liquor reform laws were enacted this legislative session.  Sunday liquor store sales are now a county option (can go into effect October 2018 with other reforms).  Liquor stores can open at 8 am instead of 10.  And brewery tap rooms can operate the same hours as bars.  Good progress and Ralph Shortey is still not Governor.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:27 pm »

Several significant liquor reform laws were enacted this legislative session.  Sunday liquor store sales are now a county option (can go into effect October 2018 with other reforms).  Liquor stores can open at 8 am instead of 10.  And brewery tap rooms can operate the same hours as bars.  Good progress and Ralph Shortey is still not Governor.

These are a few items I’m glad to be proven wrong on.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2017, 01:49:39 pm »

These are a few items I’m glad to be proven wrong on.

You could just say it was reverse psychology.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2017, 12:56:38 pm »

More reform.  Governor Fallen signed bill that allows alcohol sales in movie theaters.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #574 on: February 15, 2019, 11:37:40 am »

Senate panel advances measure allowing strong beer at festivals, children with adults in liquor stores

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/senate-panel-advances-measure-allowing-strong-beer-at-festivals-children/article_c535a038-5874-505b-9d13-618166f4570f.html?utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=NEWS%20-%20Morning%20HeadlinesActive%20Subscribers&utm_campaign=Morning%20Headlines

OKLAHOMA CITY — A Senate panel on Thursday advanced a number of alcohol modernization bills.

The bills head to the full Senate for consideration after securing passage in the Business, Commerce and Tourism Committee.

enate Bill 804 would allow patrons to purchase and carry beer during games on college campuses. Oklahoma’s switch to strong beer necessitated the measure, said Stephanie Bice, R-Oklahoma City, the author of the bills.

In addition, it would allow municipalities to approve licenses for festivals to serve strong beer to patrons, she said.

Senate Bill 813 would allow vendors who provide a service to seek a complimentary beverage license to serve free spirits during the service. The limit would be two drinks, Bice said.

“For example, there may be a barber shop in Tulsa that caters to men and they may be offering, while cutting your hair or trimming your beard, a tasting of Scotch to enjoy while you are receiving your services,” Bice said.

Sen. Greg McCortney, R-Ada, asked if the state would be giving up potential tax revenue because the beverages are not being sold and therefore not taxed.

Bice disagreed, saying vendors are already paying the taxes when they purchase the product.

Senate Bill 820 would allow children under 12 accompanied by an adult to enter a liquor store.

State Question 792 passed and allowed convenience and grocery stores to sell strong beer and wine. Children are allowed in those facilities.

Bice said the measure would create some parity for liquor stores, which are somewhat at a disadvantage because children are currently prohibited in the facilities.

Sen. Micheal Bergstrom, R-Adair, asked whether or not the bill would put an additional burden on the clerk to determine the child’s age.

Bice said the clerk could ask the adult to provide the age of the child.

The bill would allow counties to determine whether the child could accompany the adult, Bice said.

A House bill provides for the same thing without the county option, she said.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #575 on: May 01, 2019, 12:48:46 pm »

Stitt signs measure allowing accompanied minors into liquor stores

https://kfor.com/2019/05/01/stitt-signs-measure-allowing-accompanied-minors-into-liquor-stores/
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #576 on: May 08, 2019, 04:01:59 pm »

Tulsa liquor distributor donates $95,200 to lawmakers during discussions on bill affecting his business

http://oklahomawatch.org/2019/05/06/cash-flow-continues-despite-officeholders-fundraising-restrictions/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #577 on: May 08, 2019, 05:19:01 pm »

Tulsa liquor distributor donates $95,200 to lawmakers during discussions on bill affecting his business

http://oklahomawatch.org/2019/05/06/cash-flow-continues-despite-officeholders-fundraising-restrictions/

Their inspiration comes right from the top.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org