A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:24:18 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I love the Internet...part 4  (Read 1085 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« on: August 19, 2011, 12:28:01 pm »

I tuned in for the first few minutes of a re-run of "Cold Case" on the tube. Eating lunch at home and too lazy to turn the channel.
The setting of the show was supposed to be 1968, a young girl at a formal party. The soundtrack was "Hooked On a Feeling" to set the mood. I wondered who sang that syrupy love song so I fired up Yahoo quickly and immediately was directed to this website, http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3735. It was B.J. Thomas but its not that simple. First off the song wasn't released till 1969 so someone screwed up their research for Cold Case, but read down the comments and you find a hilarious, if not tragic, story about the remakes of the song....Oooga Chaka, Oooga Chaka...where that phrase came from and "Indians and Cowboys" in Sweden.

Those dang Swedes think its their song!

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org