A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:44:11 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Arrow: Tiger Hill (FlightSafety area)  (Read 8650 times)
EricGarcia
Activist

« on: August 18, 2011, 05:22:25 pm »

FlightSafety is fully occupied now with nearly 700 employees at their new location just south of 71st and Lynn Lane in Broken Arrow.  The company has plans to hire an additional 300 workers in the next three to four years.  The city is currently working with HRAOK on getting restaurant pad sites ready at the base of the hill.  City Manager Dave Wooden told the Downtown Advisory Board members last week that Norm Stephens (economic development director) "has assured me a minimum of three, and even four restaurants".  This would be a nice boost to an area that has already seen substantial commercial growth in the last few years. 

I hope there will be some restaurants here that are not currently in the metro area. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:10:53 pm »

There won't be.  It will be the same old crap...

And putting it at the base of that hill is completely stupid.  There is a lot of blank land nearby that wouldn't require the cutting of that base.  But hey, we can always use another cheesy little strip center, can't we?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:46:13 am »

There won't be.  It will be the same old crap...

And putting it at the base of that hill is completely stupid.  There is a lot of blank land nearby that wouldn't require the cutting of that base.  But hey, we can always use another cheesy little strip center, can't we?

Can they make it look "Mediterranean" too? I hear that's in.

I can't blame BA, if my neighborhood sprawl was on a rampage while all the ales tax dollars were going to the neighbors, I'd probably be willing to pay to get named retailers in and work my butt off to land a Mcdonalds with accompanying strip mall with a starbucks and a wireless store.
EricGarcia
Activist

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 02:07:53 pm »

Can they make it look "Mediterranean" too? I hear that's in.

I can't blame BA, if my neighborhood sprawl was on a rampage while all the ales tax dollars were going to the neighbors, I'd probably be willing to pay to get named retailers in and work my butt off to land a Mcdonalds with accompanying strip mall with a starbucks and a wireless store.

Am hearing from the city that they will be sitdown restaurants.  They will not just give these sites away to McDonalds.  This is part of the downtown TIF district. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 09:47:08 am »

All of which already exists up and down that corridor.  As well as the old worn out strip centers, plus the new soon to be old worn out strip centers.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:07:08 am »

All of which already exists up and down that corridor.  As well as the old worn out strip centers, plus the new soon to be old worn out strip centers.

Exactly.  There are ALL kinds of places east of 9th on Kenosha (east of Lynn Lane on 71st for those of you unfamiliar with BA street layout).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:57:48 am »

Plus the idiots in charge now want to eliminate all the parking downtown - turn it into parallel parking only, with most of it being forced onto "lots" somewhere.  Which, of course, don't exist, but they see as a "business opportunity" for someone, no doubt.  Well, that would keep me from going downtown.  Ever.

TeeDub
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 12:26:16 pm »

Exactly.  There are ALL kinds of places east of 9th on Kenosha (east of Lynn Lane on 71st for those of you unfamiliar with BA street layout).

Other than the strip center that used to have the Okie bait and tackle, all the other strip centers are at 100% occupancy east of Lynn Lane on 71st.  (Until you get to that development where Albertsons was.)

There is a new Freddy's custard going in by Target though.   Have any of those lasted more than a couple of months?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 12:33:05 pm »

Those full occupancy are pretty much all new.  Give them a little while and there will be vacancies.

TeeDub
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »

Those full occupancy are pretty much all new.  Give them a little while and there will be vacancies.

The one on the SE corner has been there for 20+ years...   And still is at full occupancy.     (The gas station at the corner is gone, but so went all the Texaco's.)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 11:25:56 am »

There is a seasonal plant seller there where the Texaco used to be.

The little place just to the east of the Coney Islander is open on a regular basis (several of those shops come and go).  There have been about half a dozen restaurants there in the last 4 or 5 years.

And Jimmy Houston's place is still for sale (it was a couple weeks ago, but haven't been by in that time.)  Bulldoze that and you got a lot of space for another cheesy little strip center.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org