A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:50 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good guitar repair shop in Tulsa?  (Read 32839 times)
bugo
Civic Leader

« on: August 12, 2011, 03:53:04 pm »

My butterscotch blonde '52 reissue Fender Telecaster has some electrical gremlins.  Does anybody have any experience with any local repair shops?  I thought about taking it to Guitar Center but I don't know how gentle they would be with my baby.  I'd rather take it to a local repair shop if possible.  I prefer a shop in midtown, but I'm willing to drive to the suburbs for a good shop.

* tele.JPG (46.21 KB - downloaded 856 times.)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »

Tulsa Guitar and Electronics on Harvard..been around forever
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 04:00:47 pm »

I've been recommended to try Firey Brothers at 4th and Sheridan.  Has anybody used them?
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:13:16 pm »

I think they are a music store..the other place is a repair place..but Firey Brothers has been around forever also...
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 04:31:44 pm »

Tulsa Guitar and Electronics on Harvard..been around forever

I also recommend this place.
radkins
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 08:28:45 pm »

Does Guitar Center do recording school guitar repairs? I didn't think they did.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:17:53 pm by radkins » Logged
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 11:04:23 am »

Don't think I'd take a 60 year old classic Fender to Guitar Center, if they do repair. They may have some good deals, and some devoted musician employees, but it's a corporate entity, and you will never get the loving care and attention to detail on something so unique as a local business owner whose reputation and livelihood relies on the quality of his work. Corporations just can't offer that.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »

Steve Hickerson at 13th and Harvard....east side of the street. A great person, reliable, honest, humble. OpenyoureyesTulsa is correct.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »

Tulsa guitar is the best.  They do really well with vintage instruments.  Firey Bros. is just a gear shop.  They are a great local place to buy gear, but I wouldn't go to them for repair work like that.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 10:09:14 pm »

Steve Hickerson at 13th and Harvard....east side of the street. A great person, reliable, honest, humble. OpenyoureyesTulsa is correct.

I ran into a guitar tech at SPB @ Colony on Saturday who spent the last 12 years in L.A. reworking many celeb guitars. His name is Seth and you can contact him through Hickerson who is kind enough to throw Seth his backlog.
TheMindWillNotLetGo
Activist

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »

I haven't used him, but that guy's reputation precedes him....and backlog, I heard he has a lot of it Wink

I have been in there for parts though, and he has a lot.

I like to do my own work as much as possible, just out of curiousity and for the chat, what kind of problems you have?
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 02:06:02 pm »

Don't know much about the place- but on Admiral just west of 73rd street there is a guitar shop, it's across the street from DollarTree. They seem prerry busy, and popular. I don't know anything about guitars but they work on them..

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 08:02:25 pm »

You are thinking of Guitar House of Tulsa. Cardinal Bob started the place back in 1964 and it was always a great place to buy a guitar, take lessons, etc. Bob sold the place a couple of years ago, though.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Skunkstripe
Tourist

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »

Hey guys sorry I know this is an old post, but I saw Steve Hickerson mentioned here and wanted to let you know he has started his own shop.  I thought any other musicians stumbling upon this page like I did might appreciate the info.

They are over by Ziegler's  www.gtstulsa.com
ex-riverman
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 05:44:24 pm »

I took my old messed up gibson s-1 there and they turned it into a very very nice guitar. Great guys.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org