A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:38 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well Written Article by Warren Buffett Today  (Read 10415 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 08:21:02 am »

It would be different if they just spun stories like Faux and other outlets, but they prey on the standard liberal passions related to inflaming groups.
Your example is precisely the sort of misinformation I've seen from O'Reilly, just from a different angle.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 08:29:07 am »

Your example is precisely the sort of misinformation I've seen from O'Reilly, just from a different angle.

Do you have an example of something that Bill O'Reilly has edited in such a way?

I'm not a big fan of O'Riley.  He's a Republican that hates the idea of Libertarianism.  He can't stand the idea of individual freedom, but he typically does not engage in mis-information.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 08:39:34 am »

Do you have an example of something that Bill O'Reilly has edited in such a way?

I'm not a big fan of O'Riley.  He's a Republican that hates the idea of Libertarianism.  He can't stand the idea of individual freedom, but he typically does not engage in mis-information.

Wow.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 10:01:56 am »

Wow.
Wow, indeed. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

Was that an attempt to get me to waste time going back through years of bookmarks to find a bunch of references to common knowledge, or is it a serious question that will benefit from a serious answer?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 10:11:15 am »

Wow, indeed. I'm not quite sure how to respond.

Was that an attempt to get me to waste time going back through years of bookmarks to find a bunch of references to common knowledge, or is it a serious question that will benefit from a serious answer?

Sorry, I just figured if it was common knowledge, something would certainly come to mind.  You don't have to do any work.  O'Riley is not worth enough for me to defend.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26:51 am »

Sorry, I just figured if it was common knowledge, something would certainly come to mind.  You don't have to do any work.  O'Riley is not worth enough for me to defend.

On that we agree...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org