A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:44:06 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 102 Things NOT To Do If You Hate Taxes  (Read 18940 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:06 pm »

So you're saying that when he bothered to put top in there it was meant to convey a 90% effective tax rate and not a top marginal rate, even though he was specifically referring to previous tax policy in which the top marginal rate was in fact 90%? If you say so. If anyone implied a 90% effective rate, it was Conan (having only read page one)

Either way, if that's all you can point to, it's pretty thin evidence of an actual meme propagating across the forum. Are there examples of other people having made the same mistake? If so, great, let's start a new topic in big bold letters to make sure everyone knows that the tax brackets are and have always been marginal.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 09:48:57 pm »

You're doing that backpedaling thing again Nate.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »

You're doing that backpedaling thing again Nate.
Your reference did not support your assertion, and I'm the one backpedaling?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:10 pm »

I have yet to be divorced from reality. That seems to be what most frustrates you about my posts. Tongue (hard data is reality, my friend)

But Guido is right, I have never been the CEO of a public company. I doubt he has either, but whatever. At least I understand the concept of supply and demand. Without demand, there will be no increase in supply, so we'll continue to have a jobs problem.

Nathan, posting graphs and cobbling that into misinterpreted data isn't reality.

You should come to the summit as well.  Beer is a great equalizer.  I become shockingly liberal after a few Atlas IPA's.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2011, 10:08:39 pm »

Nathan, posting graphs and cobbling that into misinterpreted data isn't reality.

You should come to the summit as well.  Beer is a great equalizer.  I become shockingly liberal after a few Atlas IPA's.

It takes the Pub Ale for me to turn to the right a little.  It's my least favorite of Eric's offerings.  But I'll still drink it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 10:20:46 pm »

I become shockingly liberal after a few Atlas IPA's.

I lot of people agree with me when they have been drinking.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 10:24:51 pm »

Some reason we can't have a "like" button on tnf?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:37 am »

I definitely become more attractive after they've been drinking.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2011, 08:44:22 am »

For a second I thought the topic had changed to 102 things not to do if you hate TEXAS.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2011, 12:42:46 pm »

For a second I thought the topic had changed to 102 things not to do if you hate TEXAS.
That's what I thought it said when I first saw the thread.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2011, 12:53:39 pm »

We're getting a glimpse at TNF'ers who are not only dyslexic but a tad bit irrational as well.....
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2011, 01:00:01 pm »

We're getting a glimpse at TNF'ers who are not only dyslexic but a tad bit irrational as well.....

Are you for real? Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you perhaps the greats example of a pot calling kettle black in the history of this forum.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2011, 01:02:26 pm »

Resorting to that cliche? A clear example of thinking small?
 Grin
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08:58 pm »

Resorting to that cliche? A clear example of thinking small?
 Grin

Anyone see a denial in that post?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2011, 01:11:04 pm »

Interesting little side note;

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mysterious-company-dissolves-giving-1-million-pro-romney-142445497.html

Gotta love 'em!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org