A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:25:31 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEAL Team Six  (Read 3812 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: August 06, 2011, 12:53:31 pm »

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) -- A military helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S. special operation troops, most of them from the elite Navy SEALs unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, along with seven Afghan commandos. It was the deadliest single incident for American forces in the decade-long war.

The Taliban claimed they downed the helicopter with rocket fire while it was taking part in a raid on a house where insurgents were gathered in the province of Wardak late Friday. It said wreckage of the craft was strewn at the scene. A senior U.S. administration official in Washington said the craft was apparently shot down by insurgents. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the crash is still being investigated.
[Emphasis added].
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_AFGHANISTAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-06-06-27-19

Funny how telling the world who carried out the hit on Osama were not so quick to jump on the anonymity bandwagon.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 01:08:45 pm »

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/08/110808fa_fact_schmidle

a good read on a sad day
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:59:59 pm »

This is beyond suspicious to me.  It smells like revenge on the part of the Pakistanis . . . or more specifically, the ISI. 
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23:04 pm »

This is beyond suspicious to me.  It smells like revenge on the part of the Pakistanis . . . or more specifically, the ISI. 

Me, too. And let's see, how would people know that the Osama hit was carried out by SEAL Team 6? Well it was our esteemed numb nutted VP Biden.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100086416/joe-biden-opens-his-mouth-about-us-navy-seals/

Thanks Joe for aiding our enemies so they can now shout to the world, "mission accomplished."

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 09:16:59 pm »

Me, too. And let's see, how would people know that the Osama hit was carried out by SEAL Team 6? Well it was our esteemed numb nutted VP Biden.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100086416/joe-biden-opens-his-mouth-about-us-navy-seals/

Thanks Joe for aiding our enemies so they can now shout to the world, "mission accomplished."

That's ridiculous.  If it's indeed ISI -- which is the Pakistani intelligence service -- rest assured they have better ways of finding out who Seal Team 6 was than reading a vague blurb in the Telegraph.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »

That's ridiculous.  If it's indeed ISI -- which is the Pakistani intelligence service -- rest assured they have better ways of finding out who Seal Team 6 was than reading a vague blurb in the Telegraph.

Consider the source.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 10:51:33 pm »

That's ridiculous.  If it's indeed ISI -- which is the Pakistani intelligence service -- rest assured they have better ways of finding out who Seal Team 6 was than reading a vague blurb in the Telegraph.

There's a better way than our VP confessing to it? Wow. The ISI must be geniuses. Here's another link to a discussion of big mouth Biden:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110512214614AAKMs9V

And here's the "blurb":

QUESTION: Can I ask you, can you confirm that it was a (Navy) SEAL team? And was this a specially designated team that had been practising or reviewing intelligence for a while and they were the unit of choice?
    SENIOR DEFENCE OFFICIAL:  Not going to comment on units or numbers.

But here’s what the legendarily verbose and loose-lipped Vice President Joe Biden said at a dinner at Washington’s Ritz Carlton Hotel last night to mark the 50th anniversary of the Atlantic Council:

Let me briefly acknowledge tonight’s distinguished honorees.  Admiral James Stavridis is a, is the real deal.  He can tell you more about and understands the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALs and what they did last Sunday.

And:

Folks, I’d be remiss also if I didn’t say an extra word about the incredible events, extraordinary events of this past Sunday.  As Vice President of the United States, as an American, I was in absolute awe of the capacity and dedication of the entire team, both the intelligence community, the CIA, the SEALs.  It just was extraordinary.

That's some "blurb".  Roll Eyes I forgot about when he let the cat out of the bag about former VP Cheney's safe house after 9/11. And hat tip to LP for weighing in.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:53:43 pm by guido911 » Logged

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 07:19:20 am »

There's a better way than our VP confessing to it? Wow. The ISI must be geniuses the Pakistani intelligence service.

You know.  Like the CIA. 
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 12:09:12 pm »

You know.  Like the CIA. 

And here comes the inevitable retreat.

wevsus:  "No one is buying my "blurb" characterization of Biden's public comments. I know, I'll blame the CIA because there is all sorts of evidence out there implicating them!"

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 12:52:33 pm »

Way to politicize a tragedy....figgers, you are a tragedy and not very patriotic for this display. Typical GOP/Teabagger playing the victim through attacking others. How do you start a thread like this horrible incident and turn it into your sandbox of dogma?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 12:38:42 am »

Way to politicize a tragedy....figgers, you are a tragedy and not very patriotic for this display. Typical GOP/Teabagger playing the victim through attacking others. How do you start a thread like this horrible incident and turn it into your sandbox of dogma?

Get bent loser. Obama "politicized" the Osama hit by traveling throughout the country on a week-long victory lap. Now where is he?

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 05:26:45 am »

And here comes the inevitable retreat.

wevsus:  "No one is buying my "blurb" characterization of Biden's public comments. I know, I'll blame the CIA because there is all sorts of evidence out there implicating them!"

Thats not a retreat. The ISI is a global intelligence service, operating on both sides of the Afghanistan conflict. They don't need a Biden slip up to tell them the who or what of Seal Team Six. Dollars to donuts they knew who did it within days if not hours.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 10:13:41 am »

I knew this thread would degrade to crap quickly.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 10:22:23 am »

I knew this thread would degrade to crap quickly.

It sure did, didn't it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org