A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:17 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And now for something completely different....  (Read 9361 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: July 30, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »

I give you Patrick Ross, newly elected councilman here in the People's Republic of Owasso:

He writes:

Quality of Life-- it sounds so nice and is so seemingly innocuous; until you discover the root of it all, which is found in the United Nation's 1987 World Commission on Environment and Development.

One of the fruits of that Commission is the doctrine of “sustainable development”, which is defined as,
“Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.

...The end of this seemingly innocuous agenda called Quality of Life will be a general shift of power from the people to the city government, with a growing encroachment on land and property rights and development plans that will harm the community rather than enhance it.

...Yes, we can have a better, brighter future as a community, but not at the cost of our God-given right to own land and enjoy it at our own pleasure, nor do we need the United Nations, Agenda 21 or the New World Order to tell us what is best for us.

There's more - lots more.  I was aghast to discover that bicycle amenities and sidewalks are part of the nefarious UN agenda.

http://www.rossviews.com/2011/07/owasso-agenda-21-and-quality-of-life.html

I didn't know we had a sterling member of the tin-foil-hats-and-black-helicopters brigade here in Owasso, but it's not too surprising.  The startling part is that he was elected to city office.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 03:58:56 pm »

Wow, I've long thought Owasso was a bit on the creepy side, but this takes the cake!

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:32:40 pm »

I think you all know I live in Owasso.  Owasso was a one stop light town when I moved here in 1988.  I have seen a lot of changes take place, some good, some not so good.   

Our two new elected councilors Charlie Brown and Patrick Ross bring a different prospective to the Council than has been seen in recent years.     

However, back in 2005 Owasso had another councilor who held similar views as Charlie Brown and Patrick Ross, his name was DJ Gall.  Mr. Gall was involved in the formation of the Owasso Taxpayer Alliance which is referenced on Patrick Ross' blog page.  DJ Gall ended up getting arrested for DUI, gun charges and obstructing an officer. 
http://www.newson6.com/story/9729336/owasso-city-councilor-arrested-for-dui?redirected=true

Thanks for posting Patrick Ross' blog page, I will keep an eye on it.

I just love small town politics. 

Trust but verify
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 07:00:55 pm »

I live in his district - Ward 4 - and I think I've seen him around town. This may be a reason to attend some council meetings.

I've met some of the tea bag/anti-tax folks too. Some seem to think that any taxes for whatever purpose are evil and must be opposed. They have a stark, minimal vision of what this city should look like. I can understand their concern and even sympathize to some extent.  But cities have to compete to attract new residents and new businesses, and while the low tax mantra may be attractive to some, a city scape without public amenities like parks and sidewalks won't bring in home buyers.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:32:51 pm »

He looks like he might have a touch of the meth face
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 07:35:20 pm »

I give you Patrick Ross, newly elected councilman here in the People's Republic of Owasso:

He writes:

Quality of Life-- it sounds so nice and is so seemingly innocuous; until you discover the root of it all, which is found in the United Nation's 1987 World Commission on Environment and Development.

One of the fruits of that Commission is the doctrine of “sustainable development”, which is defined as,
“Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.

...The end of this seemingly innocuous agenda called Quality of Life will be a general shift of power from the people to the city government, with a growing encroachment on land and property rights and development plans that will harm the community rather than enhance it.

...Yes, we can have a better, brighter future as a community, but not at the cost of our God-given right to own land and enjoy it at our own pleasure, nor do we need the United Nations, Agenda 21 or the New World Order to tell us what is best for us.

There's more - lots more.  I was aghast to discover that bicycle amenities and sidewalks are part of the nefarious UN agenda.

http://www.rossviews.com/2011/07/owasso-agenda-21-and-quality-of-life.html

I didn't know we had a sterling member of the tin-foil-hats-and-black-helicopters brigade here in Owasso, but it's not too surprising.  The startling part is that he was elected to city office.

This must be Mr. Ross' unhappy brother:

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:44:41 pm »

This must be Mr. Ross' unhappy brother:

He does have the classic "bowl haircut" look.

Trust but verify
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 09:21:18 pm »

He does have the classic "bowl haircut" look.

He's not even venturing in to his local Supercuts for that one.  That one is vintage Flowbee.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:16:07 am »

That one is vintage Flowbee.

Oh, dang it you beat me to it.

But seriously, If this guy wants to direct owasso towards lower density and greater sprawl, that's cool.  Don't expect a light rail station when the time comes.  Oh, you want one of those?  Well, too bad.  No take backs!

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org