A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:00:40 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belly Busters  (Read 3556 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: July 25, 2011, 01:48:20 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:
West Tulsa
4361 S 32nd West Ave
Tulsa, OK 74107

Date/Time of Visit:
Monday July 24th 12:30 pm.

Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 3
Quality of Service (1-5): 3
Atmosphere (1-5): 2
Overall Rating (1-5): 3
Price ($-$$$$$): $

What makes this restaurant unique:
It is a very cool building that used to be a Bill and Ruth's sandwich shop. It is hidden on the southwest side of the old Crystal City shopping center behind the Arby's and Sam's Offroad.

They make an excellent burger served on simple white toast. I ordered the signature "Buster Blaster" double meat cheeseburger for $5.99. It was cooked perfect with flaky and juicy ground beef. I liked that they used extra thick slices of cheese and had in season fresh tomatoes.

Here is the TulsaFood blog write-up...it also has a link to their menu.
http://tulsafood.com/talk/new-belly-busters-restaurant-offering-burgers-dogs-deep-fired-goodies-menu.

The burger was excellent. I also loved that he had a small collection of eclectic stuff, like transformer robots around the place. He had chairs and tables outside, but I doubt many people want to sit outside today, especially in a lot that sits right next to the expressway off ramp. The only view is the back of other buildings and the distant train tracks.

Tell us about your experience:
The waitress was friendly and quick, but the restaurant was basically empty. She brought me a styrofoam cup of tap water with no ice. Another customer recognized me for a weekly newspaper column I write for a westside paper and asked if I was there to write a restaurant review. I explained that the paper had already done a write-up and I only write "green" stories.

The waitress talked me into trying the fried Twinkies for $2.99. It was very, very good. It was crispy on the outside and gooey and hot on the inside and covered with powdered sugar. It was too much dessert for one person, especially someone who had just finished a double cheeseburger.

I liked them on facebook and will go back.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:52:11 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:52:59 pm »

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org