A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:58:18 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Palace  (Read 15590 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: July 18, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:728 W. 23rd (just across the 21st bridge on west side)
Date/Time of Visit:7/18/11  Noon
Quality of Food (1-5): 4.75
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 3.5
Quality of Service (1-5): 4.5
Atmosphere (1-5): 2
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$):  $$$
What makes this restaurant unique: The chicken was wonderful.  I had roasted and fried, they were both flavorful and cooked perfect.  There was bar-b-q too but I passed on that.   They have an all you can eat buffet for $7.95.  They also had chicken and dumplings which were very good.  Real mashed potatoes, a good white gravy, green beans with onions which were very good.  There was corn and brown beans which I did not try.   Melt in your mouth dinner rolls and a spice cake for desert.  This is what you call a "comfort food place".

Tell us about your experience:  The service was very good, the owner is working the register and she is a very pleasant and attractive lady.  The waitress brought me my ice tea and kept my glass full and got me a to go cup to take back to the office when I left.  The Atmosphere is a little spartan, and it was on the warm side in the restaurant.  I would take my wife but it will have to wait until the Fall because she would be uncomfortable as she does not take to the heat very well and she would be bi..... I mean complaining about it being warm and not enjoy her meal. 
Over all I liked The Chicken Palace and and will be back.   They have several large tables in the center of the room which would make it a great place for a Tulsanow lunch get together beside the fact that they have great food.

Trust but verify
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 01:25:53 pm »

I went there today with three of the smartest and most fun posters on TulsaNow.

I liked the sliced beef chorizo very much. The owner explained that it was a Dominican recipe that her husband liked. I also was impressed with the Asian spiced rice side dish.

I had small portions of the fried chicken, the BBQ chicken, the baked chicken and the marinated chicken chunks. The last was my favorite, it was scooped out of a light broth and filled with flavor.

The waitress was friendly, the owner charming and the food more spectacular than what I expected. The place was named poorly, because it ain't no palace. The crowd was all blue-collar and the buffet was served out of aluminum pans. But the flavor of the food made me feel like royalty.

I am going back there on Friday with the whole office.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:37:56 pm »

Enjoyable lunch and yes, the rotisserie chicken was done right, the chorizo rocked, the chicken quesadillas were really good, and the service is truly great.  I hope this couple can make a successful go of it as other restaurants have struggled in this spot.  

I wish the veggies were fresh instead of canned, that would be my only complaint.  I passed on them due to my phobia of embalmed food products.

I'd really like to see them use more recipes from the Caribbean as an addition to an already tasty menu, like jerk spice and veggies and fruits common to the area like sweet potatoes, plantains, a mango salsa or relish, and some sort of fruit salad for dessert.  Hopefully, they will log in and read the suggestions.

Enjoyed seeing everyone today, and I thought it was totally hilarious when the roughnecks from the refinery pinned wevus up against the wall and cut his tie off with a buck knife.  I tried to warn him...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 04:46:20 pm »

I went there today with three of the smartest and most fun posters on TulsaNow.

I was away on a mini-vacation, so who was my replacement?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:17:30 pm »

Happy to hear you guys got by there.   I had a Owasso Chamber Meeting to attend today.   It was Rodney Ray's state of the city address. 

Trust but verify
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:48:54 am »

ACK! I forgot

My lunch was provided by the famous italian Chef Ettore Boiardi, but it pales in comparison to the chicken palace.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 12:54:54 pm »

ACK! I forgot

My lunch was provided by the famous italian Chef Ettore Boiardi, but it pales in comparison to the chicken palace.

Yes, we all wondered where you were.  You're usually money at the lunches.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 01:00:17 pm »

Yes, we all wondered where you were.  You're usually money at the lunches.

He has to do a table dance at the next one for missing this one.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 01:19:07 pm »

He has to do a table dance at the next one for missing this one.

He's been hitting the gym.  Butt cheeks all shake worthy.  He'll work it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 02:57:12 pm »

He's been hitting the gym.  Butt cheeks all shake worthy.  He'll work it.

Just no glitter.  I can't stand that glitter in my food and all...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:58 pm »

Just no glitter.  I can't stand that glitter in my food and all...

Oh man, and it's sticks to freaking everything.

You hear that Grizzle?  No damned glitter this time.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »

I rate the joint a 6 out of 10. I have had 2 visits to come up w/ that opinion.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 02:17:59 pm »

I'd agree.  It's pretty much average diner comfort food. 

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 12:11:46 pm »

I rate the joint a 6 out of 10. I have had 2 visits to come up w/ that opinion.

I would go a bit higher and say 7. The fried chicken is of course the main draw, but their sides are what sold me. The "funeral potatoes" as my family calls them were very good and the fried green beans are very tasty. The one thing I didn't care for that others raved about were the chicken & dumplings. I would give those a 3 out of 10.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »

I hope this couple can make a successful go of it as other restaurants have struggled in this spot.  

Apparently they struggled too.

Closed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org