A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:26:26 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Tour de France  (Read 2344 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: July 17, 2011, 01:20:43 pm »

Heading into the final week, this year's TDF has been marred by crashes involving spectators, motorcycles, and a television car. But I think this one photo is iconic regarding the inconceivable difficulty of competing in a three week stage race.

This is Laurens Tendam.  He crashed heavily yesterday when he went off the road and landed on his face. After some roadside medical assistance, he finished the race, and went immediately to a hospital where his nose received a dozen stitches.

And he's racing again today.

Stage racers are called "hard men" for good reason.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »

Happens every time you try to stop a bike with your face.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:04 pm »

Yeah that is one gruling event for sure. I don't really follow cycling and I don't ride a bike so I don't pay much  attention to what goes in in cycling. That is a tuff event for sure. They also have some 100 mile running events that are just as tuff as the TDF,  I think sports like that are overboard, the average guy cannot relate to them..

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org