A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:04:17 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasor's coming - Allegedly  (Read 21015 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« on: July 10, 2011, 10:03:09 am »

I've heard two possible locations. One is in the vacant lot South of the Lowe's on 111th & Memorial. The other is in the, thus far, failed development behind the BOK bank and former steak place at 121st & Memorial.

Nothing 100% sure, but I it heard from someone that is usually "in the know" about such things in Bixby. The only thing he was sketchy on was the location and he said his source wasn't willing to divulge that info because it hadn't been fulled sorted out.

While this could be good news if true, I just wish they would do something South of the river. That side is in desperate need of a grocery store other than Doc's.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:47 am »

I've heard two possible locations. One is in the vacant lot South of the Lowe's on 111th & Memorial. The other is in the, thus far, failed development behind the BOK bank and former steak place at 121st & Memorial.

Nothing 100% sure, but I it heard from someone that is usually "in the know" about such things in Bixby. The only thing he was sketchy on was the location and he said his source wasn't willing to divulge that info because it hadn't been fulled sorted out.

While this could be good news if true, I just wish they would do something South of the river. That side is in desperate need of a grocery store other than Doc's.

BFD. Nobody here cares about Bixby.  Grin

Look forward to a few new "healthy" stores placed in Teatown! Announcements in the next 3 months!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:41:39 am »

Nobody here cares about Bixby.  Grin

That's probably why it was posted in "The Burbs", to make it easy for you to ignore.   Cheesy

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:54:32 am »

BFD. Nobody here cares about Bixby. 

You don't speak for us.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 01:36:36 pm »

BFD. Nobody here cares about Bixby.  Grin

Look forward to a few new "healthy" stores placed in Teatown! Announcements in the next 3 months!

Yeah, and we don't care about you either.  Tongue

I would love to see a Whole Foods or similar store down here. I know several people, like myself, who occasionally shop at the one of 41st and would shop there much more if it were closer.

TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 02:06:51 pm »

Yeah, and we don't care about you either.  Tongue

I would love to see a Whole Foods or similar store down here. I know several people, like myself, who occasionally shop at the one of 41st and would shop there much more if it were closer.

I believe there is an Akin's on 121st and Memorial on the Northeast corner.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »

Yes.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 02:33:53 pm »

I love Reasor's. The one in Jenks is the best grocery store I can recall shopping at ever.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 02:38:19 pm »

Reasor's is a little expensive for me. I do go to their 24 hour sales and their big meat sales, though.

Overall, they are as good a grocery as we get around here.

My wife loves the Super Target grocery section and my mother-in-law likes to shop at the Wal-Mart at 111th and Memorial.

I would think that between WalMart, Target, Aldi's and Atkins all within two miles on Memorial there would be plenty of choices for groceries. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 02:48:52 pm »

I do go to their ... big meat sales, though.

BB, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

I know you pay a little more at Reasor's, and I go on occasion there. Not always because of the distance.

Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:02 pm »

Yes, and we frequent it. Still not as good as a Whole Foods though.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 03:24:24 pm »

Yes, and we frequent it. Still not as good as a Whole Foods though.

Oh absolutely. That Akin's is like Whole Foods' infant child.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 05:06:40 pm »

I know you pay a little more at Reasor's, and I go on occasion there. Not always because of the distance.
The only time I pay more at Reasor's is when I buy expensive stuff that the other groceries don't bother to carry. (like Manchego cheese) Otherwise, they're competitive on most items and the Advantage program gets me around 1.5% back in gas discounts. It would be up to 2.5% if I had a gas guzzler with a 25 or 30 gallon tank.

Besides, these days I'd spend more in gas than I'd save driving to Wal-Mart. The Neighborhood Market is over a mile and a half away. There are two Reasors stores closer than that.

When I lived out south, shopping at Albertson's was slightly more expensive but totally worth it. It was 4 miles closer (round trip) than Wal-Mart and 6 miles closer than the nearest Reasor's, and much better quality than either. Moreover, they paid their employees well, so they stuck around and got good at their job. I seem to remember the checkout folks got around $15 an hour plus benefits. Most of 'em left when they were sold, since they got a pay cut, had their share of health insurance increased, and lost part of their 401k match.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 11:16:29 pm »

The only time I pay more at Reasor's is when I buy expensive stuff that the other groceries don't bother to carry. (like Manchego cheese) Otherwise, they're competitive on most items and the Advantage program gets me around 1.5% back in gas discounts. It would be up to 2.5% if I had a gas guzzler with a 25 or 30 gallon tank.

Besides, these days I'd spend more in gas than I'd save driving to Wal-Mart. The Neighborhood Market is over a mile and a half away. There are two Reasors stores closer than that.

When I lived out south, shopping at Albertson's was slightly more expensive but totally worth it. It was 4 miles closer (round trip) than Wal-Mart and 6 miles closer than the nearest Reasor's, and much better quality than either. Moreover, they paid their employees well, so they stuck around and got good at their job. I seem to remember the checkout folks got around $15 an hour plus benefits. Most of 'em left when they were sold, since they got a pay cut, had their share of health insurance increased, and lost part of their 401k match.
I don't remember getting any kind of pay like that, nor any kind of benefits, when I worked there about 15 years ago. 
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 06:52:48 am »

I don't remember getting any kind of pay like that, nor any kind of benefits, when I worked there about 15 years ago. 
Did you work there for 15 years? Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org