A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:16:24 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquor stores and the 4th of July  (Read 14752 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: June 29, 2011, 02:52:42 pm »

Why are they not allowed to play together in OK?

Shouldn't we be able to celebrate our freedom by being free to buy something of a non-food product nature?

Oppressed on Independence Day.

We should dress up and dump boxes of something into the river...onto the river bed.

SOBER RAGE
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:03:23 pm by Townsend » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 03:04:01 pm »

Why are they not allowed to play together in OK?

Shouldn't we be able to celebrate our freedom by being free to buy something of a non-food product nature?

Oppressed on Independence Day.

We should dress up and dump boxes of something into the river...onto the river bed.

SOBER RAGE

Yet, we can still go order a mixed drink or straight shot at a restaurant or bar.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 03:06:42 pm »

Yet, we can still go order a mixed drink or straight shot at a restaurant or bar.

Well sure but it's more expensive.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 03:12:42 pm »

You could...plan ahead? Saturday should be plenty busy just before the fourth.

BTW, (instant thread drift) is there going to be a fireworks display by the river this year?

onward...through the fog
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:14:23 pm »

Townsend, it's because you don't know what's best for you: "they" (nebulous and all knowing they) know what is best for you.."they" will save you from yourself.

"So don't you worry about _______; let us worry about __________. "
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 03:15:16 pm »

You could...plan ahead? Saturday should be plenty busy just before the fourth.

Well I could think of things I need on Sunday and go get them on Monday...but wait...I can't.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 03:15:57 pm »

Townsend, it's because you don't know what's best for you: "they" (nebulous and all knowing they) know what is best for you.."they" will save you from yourself.

"So don't you worry about _______; let us worry about __________. "

God bless "they".  I appreciate "they" so much.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 03:17:02 pm »

BTW, (instant thread drift) is there going to be a fireworks display by the river this year?

I believe so.  Otherwise people are going to spend $20 to $25 for tickets on rooftops for very little reason.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 04:07:28 pm »

I just secured with a friend of mine that is going to Texas for the Holiday to bring me back a 30 pack of real Budweiser............Oh wait ! no I didnt  Wink

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »

I was talking with the owner at a local liquor store about being closed on election day.  I thought it should be just another work day, but he disagreed.  "We get an extra day off and go play golf!" he said. The stores are open 6 days a week. Why begrudge them an extra day now and then?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 04:15:24 pm »

I was talking with the owner at a local liquor store about being closed on election day.  I thought it should be just another work day, but he disagreed.  "We get an extra day off and go play golf!" he said. The stores are open 6 days a week. Why begrudge them an extra day now and then?

It's not that they shouldn't be able to close.  It's that they must.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 05:33:50 pm »

His point was that he didn't want to see the law changed to permit sales on election day or holidays. He's happy with the status quo, and why shouldn't he be?  After all, have any of us ever seen a liquor story with a 'Going out of Business' sign?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 07:18:07 pm »

The stores are open 6 days a week. Why begrudge them an extra day now and then?
Reasors is open 7 days a week. QuikTrip is open every day of the year.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 10:34:39 pm »

Reasors is open 7 days a week. QuikTrip is open every day of the year.

Too bad they don't sell real beer or wine.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 11:19:42 pm »

Too bad they don't sell real beer or wine.

A-men.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org