A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:54:40 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New places  (Read 17365 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:35 am »

I'm still wondering why "White Castle" does not market in Oklahoma & Texas.

Because most sports bars have better sliders than White Castle. White castle is for the drunk leaving the bar on the way home. I have been to deli's that have sliders in the middle of the day that are better than White Castles grease bombs. They may have their niche in other parts of the country, but I would rather have Whataburger at 2:00 am than WC. If I offend anybody from White Castle Country, I'm sorry, but it ain't that great.The mini sirloin burgers from Jack In The Box are way better than White Castle will ever think of being.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:30:53 am by dbacks fan » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 01:05:46 am »

Because most sports bars have better sliders than White Castle. White castle is for the drunk leaving the bar on the way home. I have been to deli's that have sliders in the middle of the day that are better than White Castles grease bombs. They may have their niche in other parts of the country, but I would rather have Whataburger at 2:00 am than WC. If I offend anybody from White Castle Country, I'm sorry, but it ain't that great.The mini sirloin burgers from Jack In The Box are way better than White Castle will ever think of being.

You do realize that true Whitecastle burgers are prepared with steam at the store, right?

And I'm not from WC country, but I do like them when I'm in St. Louis from time to time.  A sack of 10 and onion chips is a treat after the bar.

And I'm guessing many WC fans will override those JiB fans.  Simply because WC made the sliders famous.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 02:07:55 am »

You do realize that true Whitecastle burgers are prepared with steam at the store, right?

And I'm not from WC country, but I do like them when I'm in St. Louis from time to time.  A sack of 10 and onion chips is a treat after the bar.

And I'm guessing many WC fans will override those JiB fans.  Simply because WC made the sliders famous.

Sorry, it's just been a rough couple of weeks and I imbibed on some Deschutes River brews this evening and was venting a little. Years ago back in 1990 I lived in Joplin and every other Friday if the Royals were playing in KC a friend of mine and I would drive up, catch a game and then hit WC that was off of Hwy 71 on the way back to Joplin. I know they created the slider idea and getting them from a store is the only way to have them (I would rather have a QT pork rib sandwhich than the ones in the fr ozen food isle of a grocery store) but I just got burned out on them then. JMO. Just like I got burned out on In-And-Out after they came to Phoenix, just too many other choices.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:57 am »

Sorry, it's just been a rough couple of weeks and I imbibed on some Deschutes River brews this evening and was venting a little. Years ago back in 1990 I lived in Joplin and every other Friday if the Royals were playing in KC a friend of mine and I would drive up, catch a game and then hit WC that was off of Hwy 71 on the way back to Joplin. I know they created the slider idea and getting them from a store is the only way to have them (I would rather have a QT pork rib sandwhich than the ones in the fr ozen food isle of a grocery store) but I just got burned out on them then. JMO. Just like I got burned out on In-And-Out after they came to Phoenix, just too many other choices.

Hey, there was no offense taken.  All WCs are gone from KC, much to my chagrin.  I remember one off of 71 coming into town, and another one in North KC on Armour Road I think.  Then they were gone all of sudden.

And I've had In and Out also, and much like you with WC, I didn't see the attraction.  Many other local places here in town that are better, IMO (Hank's and Ron' comes to mind right away).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 08:58:09 am »

Hey, there was no offense taken.  All WCs are gone from KC, much to my chagrin.  I remember one off of 71 coming into town, and another one in North KC on Armour Road I think.  Then they were gone all of sudden.

And I've had In and Out also, and much like you with WC, I didn't see the attraction.  Many other local places here in town that are better, IMO (Hank's and Ron' comes to mind right away).

I'm thinking the one on Armour Road might have been the one I used to go to when I'd be working up there.  Is that somewhat near one of the big multi-modal transit complexes?

That's been at least 10-12 years back for me.  I wouldn't touch them today, simply don't do much fast food anymore.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 09:01:18 am »

I'm thinking the one on Armour Road might have been the one I used to go to when I'd be working up there.  Is that somewhat near one of the big multi-modal transit complexes?

That's been at least 10-12 years back for me.  I wouldn't touch them today, simply don't do much fast food anymore.

I don't remember it being a multi-modal transport center.  I do however, remember it being across the street from a QuikTrip.

I believe it was this building...or at the very least, this parcel of property.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=39.1434,-94.568139&spn=0.000868,0.001206&t=h&z=20

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 09:09:39 am »

That's the one I was thinking of, near the rail yard, river, and warehouses.  I didn't recall all the houses near there, but again, that's been nearly a quarter of a lifetime ago.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 10:25:19 am »

That's the one I was thinking of, near the rail yard, river, and warehouses.  I didn't recall all the houses near there, but again, that's been nearly a quarter of a lifetime ago.

I think we went to that one a couple of times, but the one we visited the most was right off of 71 on the south side of KC. Wish I had a better understanding of BBQ back then, I would probably have moved to KC.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »

I went to college with a lot of guys that worshiped at the White Castle alter (mostly from St. Louis).  Those greasy onion bombs never did much for me (at least, nothing that was good).  I always preferred Steak'n Shake for a grease hit late into a night on the town.  Speaking of Kansas City, I recall after being overserved by the staff at everal Westport establishments and ending up in a place called "In a Tub" or something like that and eatig tacos that had been stuffed and then deep fried.  A near coma inducing experience.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org