A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:40 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New places  (Read 17359 times)
dbacks fan
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:50:29 pm »

I know this doesn't really fit here, but if someone is looking for new places to come to Tuls here is a place that is looking to expand in other states and has already. Just a thought.

http://www.foxrc.com/

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/06/26/20110626fox-restaurants-looks-expand-outside-arizona.html
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:52:38 am »

I don't see anything smothered in gravy on the menu.  May not be ready for Oklahoma yet.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:37:18 am »

Sort of like Beautiful Brands here in Tulsa which gave birth to or revived old menus via: Camille's, Coney Beach (FAIL), Fresh Berry Yogurt, Dixie Creme Donuts, etc.

Quite a few others from looking at their website.  I was unaware they were also franchising Top That! Pizza.  Of all the brands they have, I believe that one shows the best promise based on the reviews I've read on here as well as it being a great novel concept.

They also have the rights to franchise In The Raw & Caz'.

http://www.beautifulbrands.net/index.cfm?id=3

And to be perfectly honest, the Fox brands would be places I'd be more likely to try.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:32 am »

We don't need another "Beautiful Brands" in town. They'd have to expand the TW business section to make room for double the fluff stories.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:55:18 am »

We don't need another "Beautiful Brands" in town. They'd have to expand the TW business section to make room for double the fluff stories.

Bahahahahaha!!!!

There's got to be some sort of incestuous relationship there.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 08:01:19 am »

Sort of like Beautiful Brands here in Tulsa which gave birth to or revived old menus via: Camille's, Coney Beach (FAIL), Fresh Berry Yogurt, Dixie Creme Donuts, etc.

Quite a few others from looking at their website.  I was unaware they were also franchising Top That! Pizza.  Of all the brands they have, I believe that one shows the best promise based on the reviews I've read on here as well as it being a great novel concept.

They also have the rights to franchise In The Raw & Caz'.

http://www.beautifulbrands.net/index.cfm?id=3

And to be perfectly honest, the Fox brands would be places I'd be more likely to try.

Smashburger (Saltburger) too.  There are several others that they don't mention on their site.

They do a big franchise sales business nationwide, as well as Saudi Arabia, Asia, Mexico and Europe.  Tulsa is their backyard, but not where the bulk of their business is anymore.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:23 am »

Smashburger (Saltburger) too.  There are several others that they don't mention on their site.

They do a big franchise sales business nationwide, as well as Saudi Arabia, Asia, Mexico and Europe.  Tulsa is their backyard, but not where the bulk of their business is anymore.

BBI is fronting pile now?  Sheesh that was an awful meal.  Not even worth a second chance.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:10:29 am »

BBI is fronting pile now?  Sheesh that was an awful meal.  Not even worth a second chance.

I agree, but they've sold a ton of them and they are packed every day. 

There is apparently some demographic with a fanatical love for Smashburger.  Then again, Hot Karl's (Carl's Jr.) can fill a building too!

lawboysam
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 11:35:58 am »

While not technically a new restaurant, it looks like there is a new Groupon-esque site in Tulsa:

http://www.wimgodeals.com/deal/tulsa/10-20-worth-pizza-appetizers-beverages-depot-tulsa
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 11:56:06 am »

Do they have Spam pizza?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 12:02:15 pm »

Do they have Spam pizza?

To me that does not sound too bad.  I have a weakness for Spam.  Don't know why, but it was one of those things we used to eat in boyscouts that still brings back memories when my wife brings home a can.

Grilled spam slices on bread with mustard. . . Yum!

I can see a spam and pineapple pizza somewhere in my future.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 12:06:27 pm »

Got my first visit to Back Alley over the weekend.  Very cool environment.  Ribs ok.  Pulled pork ok.  Beans good.  Corn on cob good.  Sauce - still needs work.  (Not quite up to Albert G's.)

Band was VERY loud.  Overall good experience.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 12:06:42 pm »

Wimgo is a site run by The Oklahoman aka NewsOK.com.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 12:08:59 pm »

Do they have Spam pizza?

It may be spam, but at least it's relevant and coherent unlike most of the recent ham food product posts recently. 
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 03:30:04 pm »

That looks darn good. It may be worth a try. I normally eat at fast food joints, I'm still wondering why "White Castle" does not market in Oklahoma & Texas.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org