A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:42:24 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has the best pies?  (Read 13303 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 10:31:58 am »

What about "T" Towne's own Bama Pies?  The post above that mentioned Merritt's Blueberry Pie sounds good but I'd bet those pies are not cheap. The small cakes at Merritts cost as pretty penny-  I'd hate to guess the cost of a BlueBerry pie at Merritt's.  Shocked

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 11:01:36 am »

I'd hate to guess the cost of a BlueBerry pie at Merritt's.  Shocked

ten bucks

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 11:41:34 am »

What about "T" Towne's own Bama Pies?  The post above that mentioned Merritt's Blueberry Pie sounds good but I'd bet those pies are not cheap. The small cakes at Merritts cost as pretty penny-  I'd hate to guess the cost of a BlueBerry pie at Merritt's.  Shocked

If you want a Bama pie, you have to go through the drive through at McDonalds.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 02:45:48 pm »

ten bucks

That's not bad, but we lost the Merrit's in Owasso.  Mary was fond of the Marie Callendar pies when they were on sale because they were &7.50. 

We were eating at Freeman's Barbecue when the kids were very small.  They served - and still serve - cobbler after the meal. Lyndsay turned to our waitress and said, "This is as good as Grandma's!"

The waitress grinned and said, "I'll tell the woman who made it.  She'll be tickled!"

Pie...it's what's for dinner.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
lalumna
Citizen

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 01:10:35 pm »

Coleman's in Okmulgee downtown.  http://www.colemansburgers.com/menu.html

+1 from me too.

We regularly get pies from there to give as gifts.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 07:37:31 pm »

+2 on Coleman's.

Power is nothing till you use it.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 07:53:47 pm »

Clanton's in Vinita, OK

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKpKuUVi7LE[/youtube]

At the :40 mark the blonde you see drinking coffee is my sister.   About the 4:25 mark they show home made apple pie.   My in laws lived in Miami, OK.   When my father in law would come to Tulsa for a visit he would always take old Route 66 and always stop for pie and coffee at Clanton's.   My boys when they would go home with him looked forward to stopping at Clanton's for pie and ice cream on their way back to Miami.  

Trust but verify
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 08:23:58 pm »

This is another thing the world lost when Black Jaxx went out of business.  He had a lady making pies for him - wonderful!  Home made.

Lemon and banana and chocolate and cherry were exceptional.  (Didn't get to try apple)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 08:34:15 pm »

It's a bit of a drive

http://gtpie.com/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

It's a bit of a drive

http://gtpie.com/

I was just there...wish I had known.  That would have been perfect.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 09:17:56 am »

Not sure why people buy pies..."easy as pie" is not simply a colloquialism, its a fact.

Total time to prep a pie is about 20 minutes (includes the crust). Total bake time is less than an hour. You know what went in it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org