A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:08:52 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolfgang Puck's  (Read 12832 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 03:28:21 pm »

Tulsa World grabbed the story.

When are they going to start paying TNF a royalty per scoop?

As to your other post, some people are simply more comfortable at a chain.  That escapes me, especially when people are traveling.  I consider it an opportunity to try something you might not find anywhere else.

We always ask: “Where do all the locals go here?”  We have found some real gems doing that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 03:39:00 pm »

On the opposite end of the dining spectrum, Salad Alley is closing.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 05:57:14 pm »

Tough to justify going to a chain when there's so many good local places.  The food was okay but nothing we craved.  The bar set up should've opened up to the restaurant for better people watching.  It chopped the place in half and imprisoned the people in the dining area.

I'm not sure of a location in Tulsa it would've worked better.

I have not been to any of Puck's places, too many good local places where I have traveled over the last few years. Went to Johnny Garlic's in Santa Rosa, and while the food was good and flavorful, it just didn't knock me over.

If any of you go to San Francisco, I tried this place from DDD, and it did knock my socks off.

http://www.picapica.com/

pulled pork arepa and gluten free.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 08:28:45 pm »

North brookside is the new 71st & memorial

Actually, 71st & Memorial isn't quite so bad.  Just don't go east on 71st. Don't try to go west on 71st from 169.

Stay away from Memorial south of the Creek Turnpike.  Please, stay away!!!!!  I want those place to go under and return the land to horse and cow pastures.

Grin

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »

Actually, 71st & Memorial isn't quite so bad.  Just don't go east on 71st. Don't try to go west on 71st from 169.

Stay away from Memorial south of the Creek Turnpike.  Please, stay away!!!!!  I want those place to go under and return the land to horse and cow pastures.

Grin

I was referring to the restaurant turnover.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 07:56:30 am »

I was referring to the restaurant turnover.

Oh...... nevermind.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org