A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:50:44 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late Afternoon Lunch Ideas  (Read 6716 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: June 14, 2011, 12:53:02 pm »

For midtown/downtown. My wife and I have one of those very rare opportunities for a late lunch, alone, before the kid's evening activities. Ideas anyone. All options open.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:56:36 pm »

For midtown/downtown. My wife and I have one of those very rare opportunities for a late lunch, alone, before the kid's evening activities. Ideas anyone. All options open.

The Ambassador or Mayo? 

Chicka Bow....  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:05:13 pm »

Palace Cafe
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 01:12:17 pm »

The Ambassador or Mayo? 

Chicka Bow....  Roll Eyes

Well Coco, your taste is not much in your mouth Cheesy

Guido,

Dare you accept my recommendations? Stonehorse does not close....Polo Grill might stay open....Lucky's....Bodeans and Fuscos : those w/b the high end (you know, where I like to be Wink ) Then there's alwaze White Owl, Elote's, Yokazuma, Charleston's, and some of the ethnic joints stay open as well if your looking in the mid range pricing. For low riding my favs at an odd hour are El Rio Verde....Viet Huang... Rons.... Rib Crib.... you know those places. Sad Haven't been eating out much as I am maintaining a very strict self imposed holistic diet which can only be served in my conscientious kitchen. There's no bread burning nor pasta boiling.   Grin

Is the Palace open past 2? Heard they have been moving their menu into the healthy diet category.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:49:43 pm »

Back Alley BBQ?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

The appointment that brought us down there was delayed, and coupled with all the damned road construction, all my plans were trashed. Wound up at a Taco Mayo drive thru.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 05:19:16 pm »

The appointment that brought us down there was delayed, and coupled with all the damned road construction, all my plans were trashed. Wound up at a Taco Mayo drive thru.

There's a place I haven't heard of in a while. Used to hit the one on Admiral near where the old Vickers gas station used to be.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 05:35:07 pm »

There's a place I haven't heard of in a while. Used to hit the one on Admiral near where the old Vickers gas station used to be.

It's still there.  The Vickers?  Not so much.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 05:56:12 pm »

Nooner in the Taco Mayo drive through?  Bummer.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 05:59:10 pm »

Nooner in the Taco Mayo drive through?  Bummer.

Depends on the car...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »

You actually ate at Taco Mayo???

Geeeeezzzzzzz!!!   Say it ain't so!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 06:40:42 am »

You actually ate at Taco Mayo???

Geeeeezzzzzzz!!!   Say it ain't so!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 08:14:28 pm »

That place is SOOOOOOO disgusting!!  They are even worse than El Charro out in Claremore!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org