A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:01:22 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back Alley Blues & BBQ  (Read 42342 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 05:41:36 pm »

Go into any place in this state that has a fair number of people in it and yell out "Boomer!" and you will get the answer to how they stay in business.

That might help explain Billy Sim's, but Conan was referring to Billy Rays.
And I'm about as far from a Sooners fan that one be.. but I think Billy Sim's is quite tasty.   It's been nearly 20 years since I've been to Billy Ray's
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 06:40:09 pm »

I thought the Oklahoma Joe's deal was dead.  Didn't someone mention that here a month or so back?

I didn't hear that.  Disappointment.

Well, I guess I will have to try Burn Co. this week.  Sounds good.  And since the best place in the world is gone now, I need barbeque sustenance!  More Albert G's and hopefully Burn Co.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 09:45:13 pm »

That might help explain Billy Sim's, but Conan was referring to Billy Rays.
And I'm about as far from a Sooners fan that one be.. but I think Billy Sim's is quite tasty.   It's been nearly 20 years since I've been to Billy Ray's
Haha, I need to sleep more, or read better.  I just got the Billy part in my head, I completely forgot that there is a Billy Ray's
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 08:56:16 am »

Go into any place in this state that has a fair number of people in it and yell out "Boomer!" and you will get the answer to how they stay in business.

The good 'ole idiot test
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 09:59:01 am »

Oklahoma Joe's is putting the finishing touches on their smoke shack and it looks like a few more weeks before they open. I cant wait to try them. Once I see when it opens I will post it. I drive by it everyday going to work.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 10:26:10 am »

Oklahoma Joe's is putting the finishing touches on their smoke shack and it looks like a few more weeks before they open. I cant wait to try them. Once I see when it opens I will post it. I drive by it everyday going to work.

That sounds good.  Would appreciate the heads up.  I only get by there about once a week or so.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 10:28:02 am »

Well that just blew my rumor.  Glad to hear it!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 11:21:05 am »

The good 'ole idiot test

Are you saying all Oklahomans are idiots or just the ones that went to OU?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 11:28:34 am »

Joe does good ribs, and he's got great sauce too!.  Back in the early 90s when he was getting his start, he had a few guys working with him to develop and promote his brand.  He sponsored their competition team along with the folks at Hasty Bake. Those guys really knew their stuff!

I wonder what happened to those 3 Guys?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 11:52:56 am »

Are you saying all Oklahomans are idiots or just the ones that went to OU?

He may mean the folks who are "kick your donkey" fanatics and never went to OU.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 12:21:01 pm »

Joe does good ribs, and he's got great sauce too!.  Back in the early 90s when he was getting his start, he had a few guys working with him to develop and promote his brand.  He sponsored their competition team along with the folks at Hasty Bake. Those guys really knew their stuff!

I wonder what happened to those 3 Guys?

Let me guess....

Do they make a Razz-berry sauce?

joiei
City Father

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 01:08:21 pm »

I didn't hear that.  Disappointment.

Well, I guess I will have to try Burn Co. this week.  Sounds good.  And since the best place in the world is gone now, I need barbeque sustenance!  More Albert G's and hopefully Burn Co.

Be aware they are only open for lunch  Tuesday thru Saturday

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 01:58:23 pm »

Be aware they are only open for lunch  Tuesday thru Saturday

Saturday is perfect!!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 02:07:54 pm »

Saturday is perfect!!

It's even worth the drive for Southies like me!

I think we'll have to hit that tomorrow as well.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 10:09:35 am »

I has been my experience as an OSU student that OSU fans are far more likely to have a substantive relationship with the school (they work there; they studied there; their great aunt matilda went there).  Most OU fans that I have engaged in conversation on the subject are:
a)almost unable to cohesively string a sentence together,
b)unwilling to give OSU any credit or support in sports, even when they are ahead in the BCS rankings, even though OSU fans are likely to throw some love OU's way when they do well. For example, a gentleman this week told me that OSU's #3 ranking wouldn't last and that they would have trouble getting past Baylor.
c)unlikely to have any really connection to the school (see above for examples).  They are OU fans for no other reason than "BOOMER SOONER, M***ER F***ER!!!"

OU is a fine academic institution that invests itself in areas that I wish OSU would at an equal level (classics, philosophy, etc.).  Their fans, however, need to be reined in a bit.  For example, I was filling up my red Yaris at the Sand springs QT off of 412 on my way out of town.  I have a couple of OSU stickers on the back of my car (cause, hey, I go there and I'm proud of my school).  As I'm filling up my car, I hear the sound coming from behind me and suddenly realize that it is a rat-tailed 10 year old standing half-way behind the door of his parent’s van chanting "OU, OU, OU...",  louder every time.  By the time I pulled away he was screaming it at me.  That may just simply be par for the course in Sand Springs, it certainly has set the bar for me on fans of OU.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org