A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:43:57 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Sunday Tulsa World May Be Worth $1,000  (Read 20944 times)
garzaglass
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 09:04:29 am »

Nice smackdown  Wink

Not even close.
garzaglass
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 09:11:55 am »

The little lady and I for over a year have been printing and cutting coupons to try and save anything we can, as we spend close to 300 dollars a week at the grocery store. 4 boys 2 cats and 2 dogs. Sounds insane I know and trust me. If I could legally starve them I would.
The most we have EVER taken off the total bill is the State tax which I think our record was a whopping 28 Dollars and some change. And I am talking a thick amount of coupons being scanned. You know, the rolling of the eyes from the people behind you kind of amount.
So I am calling BS on all the coupon queen type or like stories I keep hearing about. I use coupons towards things we actually want.
And whats made it worse is now with this whole blown out of proportion phenominon. The coupon sites that we go to have all but stopped putting up coupons worth a sh!t. So now we are down to saving probably 6 bucks which makes it vertually worthless to even bother with.
So thank you all you dumpster diving coupon queen fanatics out there for ruining a good thing for all of us who actually BUY GROCERIES !

Totally not true.  Obviously you have not taken the time to read the web site and truly understand how couponing in this way DOES WORK.  If you had, you would know that half of what you are saying is not true.  I do believe you when you say you are not saving enough but that is not from a lack of coupons or resources to allow you to.  It is from not knowing how to correctly do it.  I have proof from myself and 100s of others that DO know how to correctly do it and DO save tons on money even on items you would already buy.  If you would like, I wouldn't mind even teaching you how.  There's no reason anybody should have to pay retail for everything when there are so many resources that allow you not to.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 09:27:57 am »

I think the key is to plan everything around your coupons. If you have a coupon for something, that is what you eat for dinner.

It also helps to be a litter bit of a hoarder. A lifetime supply of dish detergent can be a badge of honor for some.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 09:32:48 am »

I think the key is to plan everything around your coupons. If you have a coupon for something, that is what you eat for dinner.

It also helps to be a litter bit of a hoarder. A lifetime supply of dish detergent can be a badge of honor for some.

Not a chance that'd work for me.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 09:47:11 am »

Don't Mormons have something like an Armageddon closet or pantry in their homes?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
garzaglass
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 10:07:00 am »

That can be done but is NOT needed to save money and purchase what you normally would.  Often a stock pile happens from doing this.  We have a medium sized one right now and it grows fast.  We have 4 kids so they keep it at a reasonable size.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 10:22:06 am »

That can be done but is NOT needed to save money and purchase what you normally would.  Often a stock pile happens from doing this.  We have a medium sized one right now and it grows fast.  We have 4 kids so they keep it at a reasonable size.

I'm glad you are doing something that you love. If groceries were important to me and I bought pre-packaged goods or soda then this might appeal to me.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 10:58:25 am »

Not sure what web site that you are talking about but if it subcribes to me driving all over town spending gas money shopping at 10 or more stores to do my grocery hoarding. Then true. You are right. I refuse to buy into the idea of spending the two days off that I get doing that.
So then kudos to you who have unlimited time to be the stay at home "Coupon Queen" shopping at multiple stores and countless hours on the net as the little uns nap. Not all of us can or will take that kind of time and effort to do so.
Just dont make it sound as easy as turning on a light or opening a newspaper. It isnt that easy. And if you have some secret web site to print off actual coupons that are worth using. Please share. Just dont point me in a direction without a compass.
Oh and one other thing. Writing and e-mailing your favorite products in hopes of them giving you coupons.............please  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
garzaglass
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 11:17:54 am »

Not sure what web site that you are talking about but if it subcribes to me driving all over town spending gas money shopping at 10 or more stores to do my grocery hoarding. Then true. You are right. I refuse to buy into the idea of spending the two days off that I get doing that.
So then kudos to you who have unlimited time to be the stay at home "Coupon Queen" shopping at multiple stores and countless hours on the net as the little uns nap. Not all of us can or will take that kind of time and effort to do so.
Just dont make it sound as easy as turning on a light or opening a newspaper. It isnt that easy. And if you have some secret web site to print off actual coupons that are worth using. Please share. Just dont point me in a direction without a compass.
Oh and one other thing. Writing and e-mailing your favorite products in hopes of them giving you coupons.............please  Roll Eyes

ROFLMAO, sorry, at this point I think trying to show you how doing this would not require all that work you describe, as well as the "unlimited time" that I somehow have (that one really made me laugh) would be hopeless for you. 

Although you could be right.  This whole thing could be a dream.  Am I really getting all these groceries for next to nothing and saving my family 100s of dollars a month with not much effort?  Damn I hope I never wake up! 

I truly feel sorry for you.  Not the kind of sorry I feel for a homeless person down on their luck but the kind of sorry you feel when you see somebody trying so hard to open a door by pulling on it with all their might and a sticker next to the handle that reads "push".
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 11:21:00 am »

ROFLMAO!! WOW THAT WAS ...EPIC
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 11:47:31 am »

I know, e-pity and net-bigotry all in one post.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 11:49:26 am »

Totally not true.  Obviously you have not taken the time to read the web site and truly understand how couponing in this way DOES WORK.  If you had, you would know that half of what you are saying is not true.  I do believe you when you say you are not saving enough but that is not from a lack of coupons or resources to allow you to.  It is from not knowing how to correctly do it.  I have proof from myself and 100s of others that DO know how to correctly do it and DO save tons on money even on items you would already buy.  If you would like, I wouldn't mind even teaching you how.  There's no reason anybody should have to pay retail for everything when there are so many resources that allow you not to.

Which web site are you referring to?  If I structured some shopping trips around household cleaners and paper goods, those are the kinds of things I could use coupons for.  For me to remember to take coupons on a normal grocery trip just never seems to work out for me.

Giving it more thought I might be able to use coupons for tuna packs, canola or olive oil, and a few other cooking staples like sugars or spices and salt.  Again, those would have to be planned trips for me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 11:58:02 am »

I'm not much up on text messaging so, What the he!! does that mean ?
I may be a old dog but I like new tricks so there again.
What web site are you referring too that will open my eyes to coupon mecca ?
Maybe I too can ROFLMNGQRXYNZ

Also this was not directed at you zstyles. It is intended for our newbee who knows all and tells nothing.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:00:39 pm by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 11:59:44 am »

Which web site are you referring to?  If I structured some shopping trips around household cleaners and paper goods, those are the kinds of things I could use coupons for.  For me to remember to take coupons on a normal grocery trip just never seems to work out for me.

Giving it more thought I might be able to use coupons for tuna packs, canola or olive oil, and a few other cooking staples like sugars or spices and salt.  Again, those would have to be planned trips for me.

I think this is the one my wife uses the most.
http://moneysavingqueen.com/

Conan, you too can be a money saving queen!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:54 pm »

I think this is the one my wife uses the most.
http://moneysavingqueen.com/

Conan, you too can be a money saving queen!

How about a money-saving hetero instead?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org