A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:39 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Sunday Tulsa World May Be Worth $1,000  (Read 20946 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 05:15:25 am »

Just keep her out of our recycling bins and I have no problem.

Not a problem.  I don't think anyone in our neighborhood takes the paper!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 08:24:59 am »

For example, you can spend $10 to buy a 100 coupons each for $3 off a 12 pack of diet coke.  Take those to Homeland (double coupons) and you have 100 twelve packs of coke for FREE! (bring a large car)

Homeland has actually stopped allowing MASS BUYING with coupons, a friend of mine was doing it for a few months..they no longer allow anyone to use multiple coupons on the same day. This is good for me, I never did it but when I did have a coupon the store was out of them.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 08:50:50 am »

For example, you can spend $10 to buy a 100 coupons each for $3 off a 12 pack of diet coke.  Take those to Homeland (double coupons) and you have 100 twelve packs of coke for FREE! (bring a large car)

Homeland has actually stopped allowing MASS BUYING with coupons, a friend of mine was doing it for a few months..they no longer allow anyone to use multiple coupons on the same day. This is good for me, I never did it but when I did have a coupon the store was out of them.

I'm calling BS, per Homeland's stated coupon policy:

"Doubling Coupons
~ Manufacturers' coupons with a face value of $1.00 or less will be doubled when customers use their rewards card. Coupons with a face value greater than $1.00 will be redeemed at face value.
~ Doubling is limited to one like-item coupon per family, per day. Additional like-item coupons will be redeemed at face value.
~ The doubling amount cannot exceed the current purchase price of the merchandise. If the doubled coupon's value is greater than the current purchase price, no cash back will be given and it will not be applied to the remaining balance of the transaction.
~ Carbonated beverage, soda pop, cigarette, beer, retailer, in-store, free-item, and coupons stating "do not double" cannot be doubled.
Multiple Coupons
~ Only one valid manufacturer and one valid Homeland coupon can be accepted for the purchase of a single item. If the coupons' combined value is greater than the current purchase price, no cash back will be given and it will not be applied to the remaining balance of the transaction.
~ For in-store coupons valued at a flat dollar amount off total purchase, the specified total purchase must be attained after all other coupons and discounts have been applied.
Sale Items
~ Valid coupons are accepted for sale items.
~ The value of the coupon cannot exceed the current purchase price of the item. If the coupon's value is greater than the current purchase price, no cash back will be given and it will not be applied to the remaining balance of the transaction.
~ When items are priced at Buy One Get One FREE, one coupon can be used per item, but the net purchase price cannot fall below $0.00 for the items when the coupons are applied. Only one applicable coupon can be doubled. If the coupons' combined value is greater than the current purchase price, no cash back will be given and it will not be applied to the remaining balance of the transaction."

http://www.homelandstores.com/Loyalty.aspx

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 09:18:54 am »

If they double I could see them losing money on it.  But each coupon they get paid for redeeming it.  So I am not quite sure if its that big of a problem.  One thing people don't realize about these shows or message boards.  If you help people do stuff like extreme couponing you are only speeding up the time when nobody will let you do it.  If every customer used 100 coupons they would need more cashiers.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 09:25:34 am »

If they double I could see them losing money on it.  But each coupon they get paid for redeeming it.  So I am not quite sure if its that big of a problem.  One thing people don't realize about these shows or message boards.  If you help people do stuff like extreme couponing you are only speeding up the time when nobody will let you do it.  If every customer used 100 coupons they would need more cashiers.

They only get paid the face value of the coupon by the manufacturer.  Interesting to note though that when I do go to Homeland, the shelf prices don't seem vastly higher to compensate for what they lose on doubling down.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 10:21:09 am »

I watched an episode of Extreme Couponing where a couple saved x amount of money on so many cans of cat food. They kept it stored in their stockpile along with hundreds of cans and other stuff they saved on. Their stockpile took over the garage. I don't thing they donated anything. Looked like a mini grocery store. Funny thing about it was its just the 2 of them and they don't even own a cat.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 10:21:57 am »

I watched an episode of Extreme Couponing where a couple saved x amount of money on so many cans of cat food. They kept it stored in their stockpile along with hundreds of cans and other stuff they saved on. Their stockpile took over the garage. I don't thing they donated anything. Looked like a mini grocery store. Funny thing about it was its just the 2 of them and they don't even own a cat.

Wait, there's actually a reality series based on this?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 10:22:46 am »

Wait, there's actually a reality series based on this?

Google reality tv.  You'll guido yourself.
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 10:32:00 am »

Yes. Its on TLC. Wednesday night I think.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:27 am »

I just never see huge savings in coupons, it normally only a few cents and the coupons expire in a month or two anyhow. Other coupons are for rebates or have all sorts of strings attached.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 07:55:20 am »

Don't you end up buying things you wouldn't normally use?

I'll never open a can of raviolli, at least not before the rapture or armegeddon. I don't need a stockpile of Chinet or liqui-gels and I don't need any cat liter.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 08:18:55 am »

I'm calling BS, per Homeland's stated coupon policy:

Calling BS on what? I got lost in your cut and paste reply...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 08:25:24 am »

Calling BS on what? I got lost in your cut and paste reply...

How can you get a $6.00 12 pack of Coke with a $3.00 off coupon for free if they don't double the face value of coupons over $1.00?

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 08:26:43 am »

The little lady and I for over a year have been printing and cutting coupons to try and save anything we can, as we spend close to 300 dollars a week at the grocery store. 4 boys 2 cats and 2 dogs. Sounds insane I know and trust me. If I could legally starve them I would.
The most we have EVER taken off the total bill is the State tax which I think our record was a whopping 28 Dollars and some change. And I am talking a thick amount of coupons being scanned. You know, the rolling of the eyes from the people behind you kind of amount.
So I am calling BS on all the coupon queen type or like stories I keep hearing about. I use coupons towards things we actually want.
And whats made it worse is now with this whole blown out of proportion phenominon. The coupon sites that we go to have all but stopped putting up coupons worth a sh!t. So now we are down to saving probably 6 bucks which makes it vertually worthless to even bother with.
So thank you all you dumpster diving coupon queen fanatics out there for ruining a good thing for all of us who actually BUY GROCERIES !

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 08:38:17 am »

The little lady and I for over a year have been printing and cutting coupons to try and save anything we can, as we spend close to 300 dollars a week at the grocery store. 4 boys 2 cats and 2 dogs. Sounds insane I know and trust me. If I could legally starve them I would.
The most we have EVER taken off the total bill is the State tax which I think our record was a whopping 28 Dollars and some change. And I am talking a thick amount of coupons being scanned. You know, the rolling of the eyes from the people behind you kind of amount.
So I am calling BS on all the coupon queen type or like stories I keep hearing about. I use coupons towards things we actually want.
And whats made it worse is now with this whole blown out of proportion phenominon. The coupon sites that we go to have all but stopped putting up coupons worth a sh!t. So now we are down to saving probably 6 bucks which makes it vertually worthless to even bother with.
So thank you all you dumpster diving coupon queen fanatics out there for ruining a good thing for all of us who actually BUY GROCERIES !

Nice smackdown  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org