A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:10:19 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie Calendar's is Closed  (Read 8770 times)
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 11:08:52 am »

I never went to Marie Calendar's, but I heard the company will now close ALL Perkin's restaurants, they are popular in Ohio and Indiana they are open 24/7. I wonder what will become of all those vacant Perkins Restaurant buildings. WoW.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 11:14:31 am »

Report I saw on channel 2 also cited the road construction in the area hurting all the business at 51st and Harvard. Have people gotten to lazy or just scared driving into a construction zone? I have no problem getting to El Tequila.
I avoid that area- It's just choked with traffic and for long peroids of time. Who wants to wait in traffic just to shop at some store when you go elsewhere to shop and avoid the long waits. I think Tulsa has too much road work going on all at once. They need to at least wait till one major project is done before starting another. The mess on highway 75 is looking bad, that should be put off till I-44 is finished.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
dbacks fan
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51:40 am »

I never went to Marie Calendar's, but I heard the company will now close ALL Perkin's restaurants, they are popular in Ohio and Indiana they are open 24/7. I wonder what will become of all those vacant Perkins Restaurant buildings. WoW.

They are not closing all the locations.

The owner of the Perkins and Marie Callender's restaurant chains filed for bankruptcy Monday with plans to close 65 of its 600 locations and cut 2,500 jobs, according to court documents.

Read an article for a change. The whole article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chibrkbus-perkins-marie-callender-restaurants-in-chapter-11-20110613,0,1699282.story

dbacks fan
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 11:53:12 am »

"I have to leave now? It's a birthday party with 25 guests. You're joking right?"

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/123743974.html#13080735595831&if_height=279
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 12:17:24 pm »

I avoid that area- It's just choked with traffic and for long peroids of time. Who wants to wait in traffic just to shop at some store when you go elsewhere to shop and avoid the long waits. I think Tulsa has too much road work going on all at once. They need to at least wait till one major project is done before starting another. The mess on highway 75 is looking bad, that should be put off till I-44 is finished.

I have to head that way today. Dreading it already. And you are right. I am really fed up with all these projects taking place at once.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 02:00:48 pm »

I avoid that area.  Who wants to wait in traffic just to shop at some store when you go elsewhere to shop and avoid the long waits. 

Easy to do when you don't live in Tulsa.

Name a place to shop in that area.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org