A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:26:43 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which councilors are not running for re-election?  (Read 6753 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 09, 2011, 01:48:43 pm »

Today Rick Westcott announced he was not seeking another term as councilor joining John Eagleton and Bill Christiansen. That makes three out of nine.

Councilors Roscoe Turner and Jim Mautino both turned 79 this spring and some have rumored they won't run either, yet neither has made any announcement.

I know Councilor Trail has already done some walking in the district so I assume he is running. Councilors Jack Henderson, Maria Barnes, and G.T. Bynum have not announced anything to my knowledge.

Anybody know anything else?

Power is nothing till you use it.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:59:36 pm »

As of this morning I understand Henderson is running.  Based on conversations from last thirty days Bynum fully intends to run for councilor again.

I haven't heard on Barnes.  Based on news clippings you'd hardly think she was on the council anymore.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »

I have 100% confidence that Henderson will run!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:05:39 pm »

I have 100% confidence that Henderson will run!

He doesn't have anything else to do.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 02:06:31 pm »

He doesn't have anything else to do.

Sure he does.  He can go harvest all the weed from the public gardens.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 02:12:48 pm »

Sure he does.  He can go harvest all the weed from the public gardens.

I have a feeling he's not dry.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:27:24 pm »

As of this morning I understand Henderson is running.  Based on conversations from last thirty days Bynum fully intends to run for councilor again.

I haven't heard on Barnes.  Based on news clippings you'd hardly think she was on the council anymore.

Does she still have a pulse?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 02:42:42 pm »

Does she still have a pulse?

Bubblehead
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:02 pm »

Barnes is definitely running for re-election.

You don't see Barnes in the press because Chris Trail is always the first to call the paper and give them a quote.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 06:14:30 pm »

I'm still trying to decide whether I'm happy or not happy that the re-districting moves me from District 5 (Trail) to District 3 (Turner).  IF it gets approved...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:36:49 pm »

I have heard that Twan Jones is running as a democrat in district 1.

I have heard that David Patrick is running again for district 3, but I don't know as a democrat or as an idependent .

I have also heard that Blake Ewing and Liz Hunt are running as republicans and Rocky Frisco as a democrat in district 4.

I have heard that Phil Lakin is running as a republican in district 8.

Anybody heard any others?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:42:19 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24:19 pm »

I have heard that Twan Jones is running as a democrat in district 1.

I have heard that David Patrick is running again for district 3, but I don't know as a democrat or as an idependent .

I have also heard that Blake Ewing and Liz Hunt are running as republicans and Rocky Frisco as a democrat in district 4.

I have heard that Phil Lakin is running as a republican in district 8.

Anybody heard any others?

Rocky as a democrat? You sure? He was the endorsed choice for the republican nom with quite a few groups last round.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 08:50:46 pm »

Jones running against Henderson is interesting.  He was sort of Hendersin's protégée at NAACP.  He got sideways with Jack and a few others on a few issues.  He has his followers but I don't think he will get elected.  I've heard he may also run for state house.

I will be surprised if Hunt runs for district four.  She's been saying she will run for office for several years.  Her pre-fundraising may be tough if her donors don't believe she'll run.  Be interesting who the Chamber PAC endorses in district 4.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 08:52:12 pm »

I'm still trying to decide whether I'm happy or not happy that the re-districting moves me from District 5 (Trail) to District 3 (Turner).  IF it gets approved...

I've heard the only real challenges would come from Henderson & Turner for carving out parts of their district.  Same people have told me they don't have the money or resources to launch a legal fight.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 10:55:33 pm »

I will be surprised if Hunt runs for district four.  She's been saying she will run for office for several years.  Her pre-fundraising may be tough if her donors don't believe she'll run.  Be interesting who the Chamber PAC endorses in district 4.

She announces tomorrow at 1:30.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org