A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:17:53 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ridge Grill  (Read 5386 times)
chas22
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:37:34 am »

I see the Ridge Grill on Mingo and 101st is open.  Cheeseburger, fries and water $10.00 before tax, it goe's up from there.  http://ridgegrill.com/
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:05:10 am »

I guess you're paying for the atmosphere.  Do they have it bottled in the Colorado Rockies and shipped in?

dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:05:37 am »

After looking at their site and looking over the menu, it wouldn't be my first choice to go to for a burger and fries. The menu looks good, hope the quality matches.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 07:18:33 am »

I will reserve judgement until I try it, but it does seem a bit pricey. 

The menu items are relatively simple to warrant such prices.  For instance, talapia is so cheap now that there could only be about $1-$3 of cost in that whole talapia dish that they are charging $20 for.

For $18 you can get talapia at Bonefish stuffed with shrimp, scallops, crab meat, in lemon caper butter sauce with a steamed vegetable medley.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 07:39:07 am »

I will reserve judgement until I try it, but it does seem a bit pricey. 

The menu items are relatively simple to warrant such prices.  For instance, talapia is so cheap now that there could only be about $1-$3 of cost in that whole talapia dish that they are charging $20 for.

For $18 you can get talapia at Bonefish stuffed with shrimp, scallops, crab meat, in lemon caper butter sauce with a steamed vegetable medley.

Not a big tilapia fan, especially after seeing a tilapia farm on Dirty Jobs.  Blech. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:09:06 am »

I was invited to their pre-opening party.  I only tasted a tilapia and the crab dip.  The two bites of tilapia I had were good, not great.  The crab dip was amazing.  I was with a friend who spent college & the first ten years or so of his career in Northern Virginia / DC and is quite the seafood snob.  He thought the crab dip was as good as he's ever had.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org