A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:06:28 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man vs Food Nation  (Read 15384 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 11:26:22 am »

Not too bad for Tulsa; I wouldn't mind sending that episode to some out-of-state friends as a link.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 03:33:42 pm »

FYI,

People may recall that MvF Nation also visited Elote and Ann's Bakery when they were in town.

Apparently, the stuff taped during those visits will be aired later this summer in a "Route 66 Special" that will showcase places in multiple cities along Route 66.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 06:19:53 am »

FYI,

People may recall that MvF Nation also visited Elote and Ann's Bakery when they were in town.

Apparently, the stuff taped during those visits will be aired later this summer in a "Route 66 Special" that will showcase places in multiple cities along Route 66.

Ann's Bakery was shown during the episode, albeit briefly.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 10:56:58 am »

I wonder when Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives will show up to Tulsa to cover some of the other eating establishments in town.  The host is a tool and I can't stand him, but the show is interesting and good publicity. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 10:59:26 am »

I wonder when Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives will show up to Tulsa to cover some of the other eating establishments in town.  The host is a tool and I can't stand him, but the show is interesting and good publicity. 

He used to irritate the fire out of me and I actually enjoy him now.  He's done some OKC area establishments like Cattlemen's.  The only sighting I know of him around Tulsa was his appearance at the big smoke shop in Catoosa a couple of weeks ago.  I like Guy just fine, but I'd never pay to go see him.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 11:34:50 am »

He used to irritate the fire out of me and I actually enjoy him now.  He's done some OKC area establishments like Cattlemen's.  The only sighting I know of him around Tulsa was his appearance at the big smoke shop in Catoosa a couple of weeks ago.  I like Guy just fine, but I'd never pay to go see him.

I know several people that did.  I Lol'd out loud when I found out.

I do like his show, and would love to see him do some local establishments here, but like you said, I wouldn't pay to see him.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 01:15:19 pm »

Ok since you brought him up. I was wondering what would a cook do at a show that he claimed would be things the networks would not allow him to do ?

Guy is ok and he doesnt seem to bother me to much. Minute to win it is alright.
He must have a traveling hair stylist cause it looks the same everytime you see him and thats a lot of work i'm sure.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 01:28:42 pm »

Triple D hit Clanton's in Vinita. I think he even created a sauce for their calf fries.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 03:33:01 pm »

Triple D hit Clanton's in Vinita. I think he even created a sauce for their calf fries.

Clanton's is great...Nice family owned place.....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 03:56:43 pm »

It really is. I tried a case up there about three years ago (took 2 weeks and I was forced to move up there) and I practically lived in that place.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org