A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:39:04 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man vs Food Nation  (Read 15446 times)
dbacks fan
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:43:17 pm »

There is a preview of Adam's new show and it covers the back story to how his show started on Cox On DEMAND. It show some shots of Bill's Jumbo Burgers, Joe Mama's and some place you guys might recognize. It's a freebie if you want to check it out.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:54 pm »

Tulsa airs tomorrow at nine!

It's exciting to hear the faceless voice guy say rockin' it in Tulsa.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:48:11 pm »

Channel, or network please?

I'm on Direct.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:49:10 pm »

Channel, or network please?

I'm on Direct.

Believe it's Travel Channel..I'm on Cox so I don't know how it translates to Direct.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »

Travel Channel-59 on Cox. Don't know on Direct.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:53:18 pm »

Travel Channel-59 on Cox. Don't know on Direct.

59?  Blah, HD it's 744.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00:57 pm »

59?  Blah, HD it's 744.

I'm behind the times. Still don't have one of those. Parents had to buy one though when it fell off the shelf at a condo we rented in Florida.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 08:03:35 am »

Tulsa episode is on channel 277 DirecTV and 215 on Dish Network at 8:00 P.M. Tulsa time tonight.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 07:52:07 pm »

Great episode and a great P.R. for our great city (road construction still sucks  Tongue). Will not post the spoiler on the challenge at Joe Mammas.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 08:43:57 am »

Great episode and a great P.R. for our great city (road construction still sucks  Tongue). Will not post the spoiler on the challenge at Joe Mammas.

I don't think I will be taking that challenge any time soon! I like the look of Joe Mammas, great looking place, and Blake and Bill's Jumbo can't get better advertising than what they got last night. Good job guys!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 08:49:09 am »

Still curious how they managed to pick Bill's over all the other great griddle burger joints we've got scattered across town.  Not dissing Bill's just curious how that came onto their radar scope.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:23:12 am »

Still curious how they managed to pick Bill's over all the other great griddle burger joints we've got scattered across town.  Not dissing Bill's just curious how that came onto their radar scope.

I think it was due to the extreme size of the burger they have on the menu. Webber's, Claud's, Hank's etc don't have gimmicky extreme menu options.  

I actually have never been to Bill's and never knew it was supposed to be anything special.
Bones013
Citizen

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 09:39:09 am »

Travel Channel's website shows MVF Tulsa re-airing Saturday at 9am and Sunday at 7pm
rdj
City Father

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 10:01:25 am »

I think it was due to the extreme size of the burger they have on the menu. Webber's, Claud's, Hank's etc don't have gimmicky extreme menu options.  

I actually have never been to Bill's and never knew it was supposed to be anything special.

My former assistant loved Bill's.  She'd get the double decker with cheese, all the fixings and jalapenos.  She had a manlier appetite than I do.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:37 am »

It was a great MVF episode.  I'm glad Bill's got the nod over some of the other great Tulsa burger joints because it is less well known and deserves some love.  Of course, now it will be even harder to get one of the few seats at the counter.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org